Was the assassination of Bin Ladin illegal?

Was the assassination of Bin Ladin illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 45.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Who cares, we can do what we want

Votes: 31 23.7%

• Total voters
MobBoss said:
I dont think such a show trial would be an embarassment to the USA, I actually think going through that process would embolden the enemy and possibly cost more american lives.
So the end justify the means?

I disagree. I say that there is a certain point at which you give up your humanity. Men like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Osama, Genghis Khan (particularly him because he admitted that he knew what he was doing was wrong),
So humanity is dependant upon you approving of them?
That Baron who's name I forget the one who put his victims on spikes and scared the Ottomans,
Vlad Tepes was a Baron. You did however have the Man Baron who fought for the Whites in the Russian Civil War.
and anybody who carried out the orders of these men willingly.
So, the Soviet soldiers who defended Moscow deserve to 'lose their humanity' because they were willingly fighting for Stalin so they could defend their homes?

It was illegal, but who cares? Sometimes a little extrajudicial justice is in order

The whole thing is strange. I am very sceptical of the american government but this story stinks psy ops. Until an independet group confirms that it was bin ladin I refuse to believe it.

However they killed it was obvious that they wanted to kill. Swats storm buildings all the time. Many high risks attacks are made. How often do you read about swats killing a bunch of people? They killed him and quickly dumped the body.

It was illegal, but who cares? Sometimes a little extrajudicial justice is in order

Perhaps you're confused, but in this scene ("Feeling lucky, punk?") Dirty Harry doesn't shoot the bad guy.

The whole thing is strange. I am very sceptical of the american government but this story stinks psy ops. Until an independet group confirms that it was bin ladin I refuse to believe it.

However they killed it was obvious that they wanted to kill. Swats storm buildings all the time. Many high risks attacks are made. How often do you read about swats killing a bunch of people? They killed him and quickly dumped the body.

It doesn't matter if you or I believe it, as long as the terrorists themselves know their great leader is food for the fish.

Navy Seals are not SWAT. Not even close.

Yeah, no one would have taken those weapons.

:lol: Indeed. No way those Pakistani security officials that took the pictures would have removed the weapons, for either a personal or professional reasons.

Perhaps you're confused, but in this scene ("Feeling lucky, punk?") Dirty Harry doesn't shoot the bad guy.
Indeed. And what is even worse is that in the next movie in the series, Magnum Force, Dirty Harry was the cop who actually fought against "extrajudicial justice".

I could see the guards not having large weapons - it would be very suspicious to have a relatively expensive house with visibly armed security on-site. However if that was Bin Laden's compound, there would definitely be weapons around somewhere.

I agree. But what are you going to do when the fanatics topple a nearby democratically-elected government, talk the leader of Iraq into going to war with them for 8 years for finally overthrowing their corrupt puppet dicator, provide the same leader with a plethora of WMDs so his own country wouldn't be lost in the war, and then invade and occupy that country based on lies and deceit including that he still had those very same WMDs?

What are you rambling about? Could you please rephrase that?

Huh?

SWAT is law enforcement.

SEALs are soldiers.

Duh.

What are you rambling about? Could you please rephrase that?

He talks about arming Saddam Hussein against the evil commies in Iran, abandoning him and his country when he shows the bill of a 10 years long and useless war that has put the country on its knees, embargoing it for another 10 years after the Gulf War and then invade it with the -proven false- accusation to hide WMDs and against the opinion of UN.

Huh?

SWAT is law enforcement.

SEALs are soldiers.

Duh.

Moreover, SWAT doesn't have the order to kill no matter what.

I could see the guards not having large weapons - it would be very suspicious to have a relatively expensive house with visibly armed security on-site. However if that was Bin Laden's compound, there would definitely be weapons around somewhere.

I see you have an informed opinion based on real facts.

but I'm hearing there were no weapons found (although the U.S. could have taken them, that is unlikely as the choppers were weighted down pretty heavily already),
Have you considered that the first Pakistanis on the scene could have taken them? From what I have read, there are no weapons in the photos taken by the locals, but taking weapons would be a higher priority than taking photos.

Who cares, he's dead. He's the mastermind behind a terrorist attack that killed thousands of people.

Al-Qaeda offered to turn him over to the US immediately after the 2001 attacks on New York and the Pentagon if proof was presented Osama was the man behind the attacks, but none was ever provided to them.

Al-Qaeda offered to turn him over to the US immediately after the 2001 attacks on New York and the Pentagon if proof was presented Osama was the man behind the attacks, but none was ever provided to them.

You are confused. The TALIBAN offered to turn him over, with impossible strings attached, AFTER THE BOMBING HAD ALREADY STARTED. Bombing only began after the Taliban repeatedly refused to turn him over, and the bogus "offer" was a transparent stalling tactic to try to stop the bombing. Only the naive and stupid would consider such an offer to be in earnest.

Top Bottom