Watiggi's Raze City Mod in FfH?

Uberslacker

Tilda Junkie
I just discovered this raze mod and I like the cut of it's gib.

I'm at work right now, so in lieu of an extended personal investigation that might get me into trouble, and because I can't wait until I get home, I thought I'd ask the forum:

Is there a plausible, and easy way to integrate this mod into Fall from Heaven?

That's great news!

Do you have a link to the thread where this is mentioned?

Hmm, he mentioned it on more than one place but I can find exactly which one. But he said that porting FfH to BtS codebase will be tough job, and during it he will remake some of the existing but rough elements of code and see what mod comps to use and what included to cut.
Second reason: If he imported it now he would have to redo it anyway after 1month.
Third reason: I believe BtS will make it easier to implement modcomps.

All good things to hear. Give cities some resilience I say!

It feels a bit wrong that a 40+ pop holy city can just vanish in one turn, never to return, whereas one town tile takes four times as much effort.

I also luurrve the idea that a city might be sacked multiple times by multiple sets of invaders and still stand (sort of) proud.

Rome wasn't burned down in a day, you know. ;)

I always found it a bit wrong, no matter what city in history was razed (And especialy in modern era, take Nanjing massacre during WW2) That area would never become empty area ready to be resettled by nearest neighbour

the culture won't disappear with a razed city, so it isn't correct that it would become an empty area ready to be resettled by anyone.

On the other hand, it makes sense that a size 20 city takes more turns to raze than a size 2 city, like in Age of Wonders.

PS: incidentally, in AoW there is also the option to loot/sack a city as opposed to raze it (which will also spawn some rebels). I think this feature should make it into Civ as well, since it's also realistic: for example Rome was sacked more than once but not razed. Troy and Carthage have been razed.

PS: incidentally, in AoW there is also the option to loot/sack a city as opposed to raze it (which will also spawn some rebels). I think this feature should make it into Civ as well, since it's also realistic: for example Rome was sacked more than once but not razed. Troy and Carthage have been razed.

I remember that! Be nice to the city, get a little gold. Break it a bit, get more gold, people get hurt. Utterly wreck the place, rack up the cash, nobody gets out alive. Aah, halcyon days... :mischief:

the culture won't disappear with a razed city, so it isn't correct that it would become an empty area ready to be resettled by anyone.

On the other hand, it makes sense that a size 20 city takes more turns to raze than a size 2 city, like in Age of Wonders.

I think the sacking is represented by the gold you get when you capture it.

It remains on tiles, if you rebuild a city, but anyone can resettle the area.

O_o No, it remains even if you don't build a new city there. And if it was an influential city it's almost impossible that anyone else resettles, and even if they do they'll have troubles with culture.

Top Bottom