• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[We the People] Bug reporting

Hi guys, appreciate your work on the mod. One of the best mods I ever played. Everything works perfect untill I get to the point where I win independence war. As soon as I kill last enemy unit of the roal army, my game tries to get to the cutscene? or give me the win screen, but instead crashes. I checked it 3 times with 3 different counties and its same on all of them. Attaching my last safe file.

Attachments

• best_try_independance.ColonizationSave
    605.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys, appreciate your work on the mod. One of the best mods I ever played. Everything works perfect untill I get to the point where I win independence war. As soon as I kill last enemy unit of the roal army, my game tries to get to the cutscene? or give me the win screen, but instead crashes. I checked it 3 times with 3 different counties and its same on all of them. Attaching my last safe file.
Hmm for me the victory with your save just works (maybe because Im using the Development version_non SteamCiv4?!
Victory at 1735-36

You could try deleting the content of:
C:\Users\UserX\Documents\My Games\Civ4Colonization\CustomAssets

Attachments

• AutoSave_n. Chr.-1736.ColonizationSave
    634.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@ExcellentOne
I was able to fight and win the WoI with the lastest develop. The cutscene played just fine. I noticed some "strange" characters though, are you playing with russian or another non-western localization. If so, it could be code-page related.
Could you try with develop or with plain English localization ?
Paging @Nightinggale since he knows more about this stuff :p

Works in development version. I tried with the latest release and it starts acting up with empty selection groups, which is a bug we have already fixed.
@ExcellentOne
I was able to fight and win the WoI with the lastest develop. The cutscene played just fine. I noticed some "strange" characters though, are you playing with russian or another non-western localization. If so, it could be code-page related.
Could you try with develop or with plain English localization ?
Paging @Nightinggale since he knows more about this stuff :p
I switched to Russian locale and Russian language. After restarting colonization the Russian GameFont is loaded and the city names appear in Russian. No idea if spelling is correct, but the characters aren't "strange".

Strange was probably not the correct term 🤣, I admit. It was just that it looked curious, given the current code page I was using. Fortunately the issue seems to have been resolved in develop.
In related news, earlier today I pushed a fix for a CTD that sometimes happen when an AI player is killed off. If anyone has run into this issue then please re-test with develop.

Not sure if this is a bug or WAI
BombCity2.png

Defense does not get reduced lower than 160% and seems to increase every turn was lower a few turns ago

EDIT: not important was only one city and was able to capture it when the good defenders moved out, still strange

Last edited:
The question marks before and after the '+160' are supposed to be icons.
It might not be affecting your issue, but it is a sign that your installation is not correct.

The question marks before and after the '+160' are supposed to be icons.
It might not be affecting your issue, but it is a sign that your installation is not correct.
Well spotted. However that is a purely graphical issue and shouldn't affect the number itself. Also the dot character in the lines on top is ok, so it's purely a billboard display issue. It's fragile in some code inside the exe (can't be modded) so apparently it broke again. I wonder what happened this time.

The 160% is a number somewhere in the DLL, so regardless of who wrote the code in question, we can alter it if needed.

Top Bottom