Weakest civs to play against?

GirthosaurusFLX

Chieftain
Question pretty much sums it up. What are the first civilizations to crumble and whither away and what makes them so easily toppled?
Also from your experiences, what is the least scientific civilization? Who's still using cavalry while you're rushing them with robots and stealth bombers?

I wouldn't say I've seen any consistently weak civs, I think it has more to do with starting position.

The only three things I really know is that Montezuma and Nobunaga are warmongers and Gandhi isn't.

In my experience:

Nebby can't get his head around his own UA (which is baffling to me, as it's one of the very most passive UAs there is) and his peak era is before most civs are prepared to fight anyway, but he's defensive. Meatspace players can rock with him, because the UA is so powerful if you even nod in the direction of taking advantage of it, and the bowmen are on a nice upgrade path, but they're easy to run over in single player games.

Venice crumbles like a house of cards.

Those are the only two I've seen with any consistency.

AI Aztec is the weakest as long as he didn't start right next to you. His science flavor is so low that he'll be the trailing civ by mid game.

Indonesia. Always over expands without an army to defend it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

In my game, usually it is India.
Several times, he was wiped out before I even met him. Or he survived long enough, but never expand.

Babylon

The AI is simply broken when it comes to Babylon. For example, the last 5? games I've played with Babylon in it, the AI went honor, built no units, bulbed their great scientist, didn't build any wonders that had GS points. Hell, they didn't even build walls in their border cities.

They're pretty much a joke.

Korea is pretty bad too. I've had many a game where I never saw a Korean unit. I just find Seoul, take it, and that's the end of Korea.

Hmmm usual cases are Nappy, Nuke Addict, Attila, KHAAAAAAAAN, Gajah, & Maria. In my experience

Mongolia always fails, sometimes he even builds the great library for you

Alright. The most consistent, and I mean 95% of the time, is:

Songhai - Number 1 failed state, always manages to get destroyed, 90% of times before I even can breathe in their direction.
Rome - They just fail. Bad. It's sad, because I'd like to trembe in fear when I meet mighty Rome...
Attila The Battering Ram - If he fails his early rush (and he WILL rush), he's gone by medieval. If he succeeds, he won't do anything with it anyway, gone by modern era by the hands of other AI.
Venice - Fares very good, if I leave it be. Unfortunately I can't resist.
Babylon - Actually manages to survive, but fails to accomplish anything.

Siam would definitely be quite easy to kill. They make declarations of friendship like its going out of fashion, and are easily back stabbed.
Pacal likes to hang onto his atlatlists for AGES and doesn't make any melee units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a lot of my games, the Ottomans are the weakest. Same thing with the Huns.

Weak civs.. i'm not sure who could be weak? Maybe you mean which civ you have seen weak more often? If so..
I've seen many weak civs to play against..

I wouldn't say I've seen any consistently weak civs, I think it has more to do with starting position.

The only three things I really know is that Montezuma and Nobunaga are warmongers and Gandhi isn't.

I think I agree with this. Even though we say that some civs are weak in the hands of the AI, I've seen just about every civ become a runaway at some point, even the weakest.

I've seen a runaway Aztecs once. And a runaway Mongolia, in one of those lucky (for them) games where they were attacking city-states and civs left and right and like a Karma Houdini, somehow didn't have the entire world come down upon them. Mongolia had conquered two CS, and since I was Brazil that game and going for diplomatic victory, it irritated me, but I didn't want to attack him since he was the only one who shared my ideology. And I needed him as a buffer against our ideological opponents, Assyria and Rome. Let's just say I was paying Genghis lots of money to make peace whenever he attacked a CS. Oh, and Rome was a runaway that game too, having swallowed up both Germany and America.

From what I've seen, I think the times Rome does poorly are the times they pick Honor as a starting policy, which happens pretty often.

As for India, well...there was the time I played on a large Earth map, and India started where the central US would be, along the Mississippi River. And then got Hanging Gardens. And a ton of other wonders. And then they went Patronage and started allying every CS in the world. The Aztecs to the south even took one of India's Central American cities during the Renaissance, and it didn't even slow India down. Then it turned out that India had lots of uranium, so of course they went ahead and built 8 Atom Bombs. I was Russia in that game, and I could barely match that nuke stockpile (as I was building Nuclear Plants as well). There was also a runaway Iroquois in that game, but runaway India easily exceeded his score. :crazyeye:

The hilarious thing was that India wasn't alone in North America, they had Siam with them to the north. Poor Siam, starting in Canada. They actually managed to do pretty well considering how bad their start was, colonizing Alaska and the rest of Canada. :lol: And it must be a testament to how peaceful Gandhi is that he didn't wipe Siam out, didn't go to war with them once.

Tl;dr: Even the weakest civs in AI hands can become runaways. The only thing I think I've never seen is a runaway Songhai. Even got their capital conquered by a city-state once...

I'm going to have to say those early game warmongers (Shaka, Alex, Nebby, Genghis Khan), because they get dogpilled so easily.
And yes, my most recent game I have seen a runaway Aztec, Dutch and Greek late game.
Edit: I forgot Maria Theresa, but lately, she hasn't been doing so bad...

Forgot to mention my take on Venice. The few times I've seen them as AI, they didn't do too badly, buying out three or four city-states over the course of the game.

I've been in a few games where the mayans somehow don't even found a pantheon. One game they didn't get a pantheon until they had stonehenge at turn 60 or so.

Top Bottom