Weakest civs to play against?

I would give Egypt a dishonourable mention, especially if he starts near me. While I'm about to attack him, he's busy building some wonder, which I take.

There is something wrong with AI that will complete TWO world wonders while getting kicked in a war, completing the second the turn before losing his capital.

I have never played a game with Pedro where he isn’t in dead last or near to. Often he gets destroyed by his neighbors.

Brazil and Venice are almost joke civs. The early warmongers generally lose the diplo game and do badly, except Alex who can be dangerous. Mongolia's UA is practically a negative in BNW.

Reading these posts, one may notice that while there are certain civs that pop up again and again, there's still quite a fair bit of disagreement on some civs. For example, some people say AI France does poorly, others say they do well. It works the other way around too. There was a guy earlier in this thread who said that AI Greece does badly. Greece. I wish I could have his experiences. I have never seen Alex perform badly, ever. :crazyeye:

From my experience, the most consistently weak A.I. civs in the game are:
  • Babylon: turtle with one or two cities until someone comes and takes them. As a note, Babylon possibly has one of the worst UU / UA combinations as of G&K: they get a tech advantage that quickly makes their UU Bowman obsolete since it doesn't have any bonuses / promos that are retained upon upgrade.
  • Polynesia: spreads himself too thin with his UA and doesn't build the army or navy to protect his holdings
  • Aztec: early aggro causes them to die as soon as their opponent techs to units better than Warriors and Archers. He also sometimes focuses too much on early culture wonders, but can't finish them due to lack of hammers from a jungle start
  • Celts: too aggressive early on, causing other players / A.I.s to team up against her early
  • India: turtles with just 2 or 3 cities, spends too much time building wonders that he doesn't have the production or tech head start to finish
  • Brazil: similar to India, spends too much time trying to get early cultural wonders but doesn't have the production to finish them due to a jungle start
  • England: doesn't build any cities and doesn't know how to take advantage of its UU Longbow
  • China: doesn't expand and doesn't know how to take advantage of its UU Cho-ko-nu (doesn't use its double-fire, making it weaker than regular crossbow)

There's also a couple of civs that I've found to be total crapshoots for the A.I., either they get stomped early, or they steamroll:
  • Greece: can steam roll over opponents with his 2 Classical UUs, but he frequently bites off more than he can chew
  • Rome: similar to Greece, he can steamroll with his 2 Classical UUs, but if momentum swings the other way, he's toast
  • Ottomans: I'm not sure what they do wrong in the games that they lose, but if they survive long enough to get Janisaries, they are pretty beastly!
  • Spain: sometimes she seems to focus on religion to the exclusion of all else (including expansion), but if she actually builds a couple of cities, she's usually pretty tough

Askia and early warmongers except Alex. Askia just do nothing. Early warmonger because they take a city and have all other AI against them.

Darius is also a nice Teddy Bear, easy to ally, loyal, poor at warfare (is it Immortals you send against my city in Industrial era ?), tech civ which doesn't tech like Sejong or Catherine.

Top Bottom