Weekend Specials Online

The old school anno games are showing up on gog now, if you buy 1503 and 1701 together you get 40% off right now. I have never played these, are they sort of like civ? More like settlers or conquest of the new world? They do look good. 1602 was released earlier, but what's weird is it's an older game but has a higher base price than 1503.

Does anyone know if the last two digits are significant like why 1602 instead of 1600? At first I though maybe it was the order of release, 1602, 1503 but then it goes 1701 and then 1404 so it doesn't fit. Maybe it's arbitrary.

The answer to all of your questions is mostly no. I imagine they went with 1602 AD instead of just 1600 because it's shorter to pronounce and a bit more memorable. 1602 and 1503 were also by the original dev, the others were by a different developer.

They're good games, I only have 1602 but I think the "newest" one 1404 is probably the one to get. Unfortunately it has limited activations for the digital versions, because Ubisoft. Otherwise, I'm sure 1701 is good too.

Gog doesn't have the newest one yet just 1602 1503 and 1701. I wouldn't be surprised if they got it later but you can buy it digitally from ubisoft store as dawn of discovery so who knows.

Is the building part turn based with rts battles?

Unfortunately it has limited activations for the digital versions, because Ubisoft.

That's why I haven't bought any of them. If there are any that don't have such restrictions, I would be interested in trying the series.

Civ and Tropico are on sale on Steam. Seems like one or the other are on sale pretty much every other week from one digital distributor or another.

Is the building part turn based with rts battles?
Nope. It's all real time. Not particularly fast though you can speed the game up (at least in the first one).

That's why I haven't bought any of them. If there are any that don't have such restrictions, I would be interested in trying the series.

Any game from GoG.com is completely DRM free.

Civ and Tropico are on sale on Steam. Seems like one or the other are on sale pretty much every other week from one digital distributor or another.

The Tropico sale really isn't that good for 5. The DLC is still overpriced and Kalypso won't even discount year old DLC below 50% still.

Tropico 4 Collector Edition is a good deal though.

where else would you buy them anyway? Uplay only has dawn of discovery (140x and not on gog) and newer. When you say limited digital activation do you mean the gog ones have activation?

Ok that's the confusion then, dawn of discovery is anno 1404 which isn't off gog. I pretty much assume anything off uplay store is drm'd like steam or maybe worse. The older titles that gog has as far as I know aren't available digitally anywhere else. So you're good to go if you gog them.

If you missed the might and magic bundle the first time around it's back as the humble weekly. Too many games to list, just check it out. And I mentioned in another thread you get a homm7 beta key too but it's a super short beta, like 1 week.

Does anyone know if the last two digits are significant like why 1602 instead of 1600? At first I though maybe it was the order of release, 1602, 1503 but then it goes 1701 and then 1404 so it doesn't fit. Maybe it's arbitrary.

The only pattern seems to be that the digits always add up to 9 for some reason, i.e 1+6+0+2 = 9, 2+2+0+5 = 9.

If you're doing the Payday 2 free weekend, assume you're terrible and hang back.

Well the first one, everything. The second one I've heard a lot about lack of fixes for some things, which have been broken for months. Badly designed random card drop upgrade system thing. Too much grinding. Stuff like that. Some major issues Overkill refuses to fix/acknowledge/something though that was a couple months back.

Top Bottom