Welcome New Members

Hi,

new here. Been an on-again-off-again visitor over the years, and for some reason I realized I hadn't created an account, so here I am.

Been playing the game since the original Civilization back in 1992/1993, I believe, and have really enjoyed Civ V and now Civ VI.

/P

Idk what made me create an account. Like many others we read the forums yet never post. I guess I feel like changing that. Played from the beginning civ 1 through 6. With an embarrassing 3000 hours in 5 and guessing another 6000 spread amongst the other 4 titles. Dove right into 6 and have good first impressions. I like the series. :)

Hello,long time lurker finally made the jump,civ fanatic with 2400 hours in civ 5,really hope to contribute to the Forum

Avid player since Civ I, played all the way thru Civ IV. After a break bought CiV in a sale, instant addiction again. Civ 6 a 3rd day buy, not blown away, but trusting with right patching things will clear up.

Hello to all
Very long time observer (since the beginnings of civ4 I guess), finally made the jump to membership! Spent hours on the forum especially on the last few months :). Been a cub player since the beginning on amiga, loved all, especially civ4 (except for the SOD and ICS), was a bit disappointed by civ5 at the beginning but loved it anyway and clocked a lot of hours on it. Can't wait to get hold of my new gaming laptop and civ6. And can't wait for firaxis or modern to address the most blatant issues in ai and balance and ui.

Howdy folks.

I've been poking around the site for a long while now, but never made an account. So now I finally have, primarily out of a sense of "why have I not done the thing?". And here I am.

I've been a long time fan of Civ. Most of my experience with it is with Civ III, Civ City: Rome and Civ Revolution (for PS3); Civ V took over my life, I dipped into Beyond Earth and now I'm living in VI.

Not sure how much I'll post, and I'm sure that I'll forget to check the site quite frequently. But hello! (Covets lands you currently own.)

Similar to many others - I'm a long time (if somewhat on-off) player of Civilization (Civs 2, 3, 5 and now 6). Have lurked on these forums from time to time over the years but never quite got round to signing up before. Keen to now so I can get involved with the new Game of the Months on Civ 6!

Hello everyone :) As many others, i'am lurking this awesome forum since i've started playing the Civ, with BNW.
Name's Marco, from Italy

Hi all,

I am back here after many years, from the times of Civ3. I even had a nick ¨Civilizator¨, that I have been
unable to recover because the system doesn't recognize my password after so many years.

Hi there,

I've referred to these forums for years, but have now finally decided to join with Civ VI supporting mods on the Mac version. I have been playing since Civ II (though I skipped III), each one a mac version, back to the OS 9 conversion of Civ II by MacSoft. After the disappointing mod support in Civ V I'm pleased to see Aspyr has included mod support from release for VI.

Hah, I've been posting for the past month or so and didn't realize there was this Welcome thread.

Anyway, hello there! Been only playing since Civ V vanilla.

hi.

im your on call Doctor and will be playing civ thru all my surgery.

In fact the creative part of your brain gets more activity when you play strategic games. So when im operating i get more creative. Its like "whow lets connect, that one to that one". And... "That one looks weird, i best cut it off and use a garden hose instead". So its good, helps me be on top. When you play first person shooters its a whole other part of your brain. Its mostly spinal reflexes but it makes me like, crazy mad when you get teamkilled so its hard to be concentrating on both. Interesting, isn´t it. No? Ok... Lets moooove along, as the cow said.

I Brought game, hope you did too.

I love to joke around. Laughter is the best medicine.

See ya all around

Dr.Draker M.D spec. Trauma / emergency care

oh forgot to say, welcome all newcommers. lets all pray they´ll make civ 6 as moddable as civ 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All!

I played civ 5 way back ago. But fell on ice this weekend and found Civ 6 is out so here I am! Hoping to meet more players!

Hello,

After some weeks reading the amazing topics you have here, and sometimes I felt I could add to the discussion, I've decided to create an account.
I have played Civ V last year for some weeks, when I bought the full edition on sale. I've got Civ VI now, and I don't know how long I will stay on it (lots of other games I've still never played...).
I may try the GotM... once I manage not to reload at each move without thinking (I failed at that for the Gotm03 - but less than usual -, so not submitting) !

Hi everyone, I play CIV since the first edition. I still remember the nice CIV II Eiffel Tower video. I like the going away from stacks of doom. I dislike the missing of many tables/overviews in CIV VI. This forum helped me to improve my gameplay a lot in CIV VI, so maybe i can contribute a little from now on.

Hello everyone. I may have just joined the forum, but I've been a CIV fan for most of my life (considering that I'm pretty young). I was first introduced to the series with Civilization 4, and from there I liked the Civilization franchise ever since. So here's a bit about me:
Favorite Civilization Game: Civ 4 (Beyond the Sword specifically)
Favorite Civilization Feature: Unstacked Cities of Civ 6
Favorite Leader/Civilization: Casimir/Poland (duh)
Favorite Victory: Science
Highest Difficulty ever beaten: Immortal
Playstyle: Grow and Expand (I like to maintain large cities across a large area)
Favorite Unit: The Infamous Rocket Artillery

Top Bottom