Welcome New Members

hey guys, just a quick intro. yea i regret the name already but what can you do...just trying to come up with something australian. i got civ2 for my ninth birthday and i;ve been playing ever since. i think its hardwired into my brain by now. i've finally decided to join the forum, after taking so much, so maybe i'll be able to help some of you guys out one day.

cheers

Greetings and Felicitations,

I am a long time Civ player going back to the Avalon Hill days.
This is my first internet post of any kind so excuse any protocol
mistakes. I plan on posting some intelligent, non-redundant
questions as soon as I have read all the threads.:borg:

HI, PEOPLE!!! Glad to find a great GAME! This is my first Civ. I've been playing Heroes, Warlords and Age of wonders series for many years and didn't expect to find anything more intersesting. Now I see that i was wrong. This is the GAME!!!

I've been addicted to CIV since finding the original windows version of CIV I on a neighbors computer; I remember using my only warrior to uncover the shroud and look for the little huts for about an hour until someone sacked my only city, I think I was 10. Anyways I've been d/l mods off the site for about a year now and figured it was time to join.

I just got a copy of Civ III. I really love it! I also just found out about this web-site and tried to download the WWII and Mideval Japan modules. Problem: I have a Mac and they seem to be for a PC. Does anyone know if there are Modules for Mac? OR how I can use the PC modules on my Mac version of CIV III?

also, I live in Japan. Id like to get CIV IV for Mac in ENglish and cant seem to find out how to do that (amazon wont send it here and Cant figure out how to work the Japanese site). any ideas?

THanks!
Scott

'Allo all,
Weeell now, let's see: been a gamer for at least 27 years (currently 43 yrs. old). Started playing Civ back in Avalon Hill days too, during off-duty time down in Panama, Republic of. Been addicted ever since. Civ III and Galactic Civilizations are basically the only comp games I play at the moment. Going to be getting Civ IV and GalCivII here real soon.But... how do I get involved in the Democracy games?

Hiya...

well, I'm new here (you might've guessed as much). I'm a woman of science and infinite wisdom (in my dreams... :mischief: ) and as such, I like Civilization. Most notably, Civ III and IV are what I've played so far - and I've played Alpha Centauri, too, which is a cool game as well. I'm a fan fiction writer, but sadly am now still working on my Alpha Centauri fan fiction... but I have a short but sweet Civilization fan fiction lined up, soon to hit a computer near you!

...And I even have a question!! Is it true that the Space Race victory of Civilization is actually going to Alpha Centauri? (Just guessing here, I read that the space race ending of Civ III is actually the beginning of Alpha Centauri, and the theory seems plausible since they're both Sid Meier games...)

ShadowZero said:
Hiya...

well, I'm new here (you might've guessed as much). I'm a woman of science and infinite wisdom (in my dreams... :mischief: ) and as such, I like Civilization. Most notably, Civ III and IV are what I've played so far - and I've played Alpha Centauri, too, which is a cool game as well. I'm a fan fiction writer, but sadly am now still working on my Alpha Centauri fan fiction... but I have a short but sweet Civilization fan fiction lined up, soon to hit a computer near you!

...And I even have a question!! Is it true that the Space Race victory of Civilization is actually going to Alpha Centauri? (Just guessing here, I read that the space race ending of Civ III is actually the beginning of Alpha Centauri, and the theory seems plausible since they're both Sid Meier games...)

Sid has always said that SMAC is a true sequel to Civ and does occur after the end of the game. As a matter of fact, I think the victory movie for the Space Race victory in CivIV hints at that. That certainly looks like someone from one of the factions has just awakened a bit....early.....from coldsleep.

Tom

Hi everyone! :wavey: I'm glad to be here and glad to have Civ IV! I satrted with Civ II which I didn't really get into until there was a third one! :lol:

High Everyone First Things First These Downloads How do you Install them

Hey gang,

New to the site. Found it while looking for a Strategy Guide for CIV3 which I just started playing (had it for a couple of years but it got put in a box during a move and I just dug it up - now there's CIV4 - go figure...) - pure vanilla, I guess - v1.07f.

Anyway, I'm a 40 year old guy from Jersey, married with a 1 yr old boy. Work for Big Pharma. Been playing since the original CIV. Also play MOO II (SciFi guy). I do volunteer EMS work, hence the handle.

This site is amazing!!! Thanks to all posters for their tips and thoughts - it has already made my gaming experience more enjoyable! Looking forward to the opportunity to contribute myself.

raw

I just had to join this forum being amazed time after time how good people are at the different civ games.

I remember crashing the first civilization with a score the game could not handle...

sgrolly said:
High Everyone First Things First These Downloads How do you Install them
Usually the thread where you downloaded the file should have install instructions, or the downloaded zip may contain a ReadMe file with the info.

Welcome to the forums, everyone! :wavey:

just found this site, ive been playing civ 3 for awhile now, and just bought civ4....still getting used to it:)

Hi...I just joined. It looks like I am not alone with a problem. My computer hangs up and the game discontinues as soon as I start getting to the wonder movies. The game is worthless because of this, and I do not know how to fix it. My system more than meets minimum requirements. Bill3

knightwill said:
Hi...I just joined. It looks like I am not alone with a problem. My computer hangs up and the game discontinues as soon as I start getting to the wonder movies. The game is worthless because of this, and I do not know how to fix it. My system more than meets minimum requirements. Bill3
Temporary solution: Try editing the Civ4 ini file under "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4" to disable the movies. Just change
NoMovies = 0 to NoMovies = 1

The upcoming patch also has some movie problem fixes...

Top Bottom