Welcome New Members

hello people

I've been addicted to Civ for about 10 years or so, but have never monkeyed with the game before. I don't understand the terminology, so please forgive my dumb questions. Please help me to understand how this works.

what is a thread?

how do I download some of these cool buildings posted on this site and get them to play on my game. I don't know a lot about a computer, but I can
follow directions.

Hello to all CivFans,
I'm a 41 CS engineer who likes playing RTS for relax; I started with the first Master of Orion ...
Because I'm totally new to Civ IV I will surely ask many stupid questions, please excuse me !! Bye.

Lotta folks around this place.

My past is riddled with strategy-wargame play, starting with Risk, then Axis and Allies, then some Avalon Hill games. When Nintendo came out, my friend introduced me to a game called Nobunaga's Ambition, and then another called Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
I kept looking for more and better games of that genre, and then came Civilization 2 for the Playstation. WOW! Now, becuase it was Playstation and not a pc, I imagine there were limitations. For instance, I could never find a way to get an "earth" map.

Anyway, along came Civ4 after I finally upgraded me and my wife's laptop to a desktop(it was a really old laptop!).

I have a distinct preference for the Napoleonic Era and have read and reread any number of books on the topic, but favor David Chandler's The Campaigns of Napoleon. That doesn't mean I am not equally interested(or even moderately learned) in other cultures or periods. Some of the games I've played have made me go and research those time periods and that has given me a real appreciation of world history on a broad scale.

Hope to interact well here.

Hello people

Since this is a welcome thread, I think I should start here.

I've been following CivFanatics for at least two years. Actually I joined quite some time ago, but I didn't post anything and then forgot that I've joined.
I am a civ adict sice 8 when I first saw a computer (now I am 20). I've played all civ I,II,III and now I am playing cIV BTS. I like FfH2, SevoMod and long games.

Can I have some first beginner's questions?:
How can I add my own Avatar? Can I change my name?
Is there a place where to offer the others a play-by-email game?
Is it OK to argue about politics, history and other things in CivFanatisc forums? I noticed it's quite popular.

Thanks people
I hope I will fit in here quickly

Hello people

Since this is a welcome thread, I think I should start here.

I've been following CivFanatics for at least two years. Actually I joined quite some time ago, but I didn't post anything and then forgot that I've joined.
I am a civ adict sice 8 when I first saw a computer (now I am 20). I've played all civ I,II,III and now I am playing cIV BTS. I like FfH2, SevoMod and long games.

Can I have some first beginner's questions?:
How can I add my own Avatar? Can I change my name?
Is there a place where to offer the others a play-by-email game?
Is it OK to argue about politics, history and other things in CivFanatisc forums? I noticed it's quite popular.

Thanks people
I hope I will fit in here quickly

1) You can upload your own avvie when you've been a member for 30 days and have posted at least 30 posts. Look in the bottom of the 'Edit Avatar' page when the demands are fulfilled.

2) Send a PM to Thunderfall together with a reason why. You can't do it yourself.

3) dunnow.

4) Yes, as long as you aren't directly insulting people. Stay in OT though.

1) You can upload your own avvie when you've been a member for 30 days and have posted at least 30 posts. Look in the bottom of the 'Edit Avatar' page when the demands are fulfilled.

2) Send a PM to Thunderfall together with a reason why. You can't do it yourself.

3) dunnow.

4) Yes, as long as you aren't directly insulting people. Stay in OT though.
thanks to lord_joakim

in fact, is was a bit silly [of me] to ask that way
i spent some time reading forum rules, which answered most of my questions
and a i advise everyone new to do the same

Hi, I´m Agepito. I´m 38 years old and I´ve been playing civilizatión since the first one appeared. The one I like best is Civ III, and I'm very happy of been here because I can download many maps and other stuff.

I will put here my own thing.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am new to Civilization. I just picked up Civ IV a little over a week ago. This seemed like a great resource to help me along with this incredible game!

Hey Folks,

New to the forums and Civ IV. I've played every Civ from the beginning of time. I'm glad that it finally got difficult.

I've played a few games on prince and I haven't even come close to winning yet. Couple times I devised a decent opening strategy only to be smashed by barbarians!

Nice.

Anyhow, after a few days of playing the game I've finally started to read up. I like to try to figure some stuff out on my own before I do research.

But now my research has begun. I have questions...

What's going on, from what I've seen there's absolutely no better site for help for people like me, who think Civilization is one of the all time greatest games ever made.

What up folks, I just stumbled upon this forum and the World History section was to tempting to pass up. Yay for intellegent discussion.

Just wanted to say hello and thank all of you guys for sharing all those cool scenarios, maps and other stuff. I´ve been downloading a bunch of stuff that has made me enjoy civ even more and have decided to join the community and hopefully will soon contribute with some stuff my self.

Regards from Spain to all.

Jimmy Floyd

hey im new and im just a huge civ fan i have every game and i play Civ 3 more than civ but i love civ 4 so i love civ overall i intend on playing untill i die

Civ is an AWESOME game!! I've been playing Civ 3 Conquests for more than a year now, but it wasn't until about a month ago that I discovered this site. I really like all the custom units, graphics, real life maps and real life scenarios here. I'm looking forward to more customization!! I myself understand the game mechanics very well. But I'm pretty bad at creating new art and unit animations.

Hello.

I am Mekel (don't ask for the origin, it's a LONG story.), and I am new here. Found the site through Google (Hit #3.) I've only got Civ II (And the normal version, too, not FW or Gold) but it's among my favorite games.

Top Bottom