Welcome New Members

Hey all.
I'm Dhokarena56- maybe some of you will know me from the ZBB. I'm just a civ addict, there's not much more to say.

Hello civfanatics!
I've created this account because I've learned I really suck at civ, and wanted to get better. I love the game...I'm just not that good at it. So I stumbled upon this community after looking for some mods and thought I should join. I hope you advanced players have some good tips for me. Ha!

Hello,
I played Alpha Centauri, Civilization 3, and 4(with expansions) before, and really adore the series. I actually stopped playing Civilization for now due to the fact that it always caused me serious addiction, now I'm considering reinstall this game again due to the upcoming release of civilization 5( therefore need to find another replacement instead for waiting until September). Anyway, have a good day and God bless ya!!

Hi all.

I bought Civ 4 Complete (game plus both add-ons) recently.
That's the first time I'm playing a Civ game, and I was having a hard time figuring how to do things (the tutorial lacks so much information on so many different concepts, or UI uses), to win a Noble game, so I looked up Civ IV tutorial and landed on this site.

Hoping that Civ 5 will be a great game and all.

hi everyone. I've got vanilla civ 4 atm but getting the complete version on wednesday I hope. Currently play on prince difficulty.

Hi everyone! I just recently bought civ IV and it was my first civilization game I've ever played. And I'm completely hooked now. I just can't get enough of it :)

Hi!

I've been lurking CivFanatics for a while now but decided to finally register with the coming of Civilization V. The first "Civ" game I played was SMAC, then I went back a generation and tried out Civ 2 and fell in love with the series since. What little free time I have is devoted to PC gaming.

See you around the forums!

Welcome! :band: wow! :eek: I haven't checked this in a while!

Hello
I have lurked for a year or so, now registering mainly to vote for the civ5 icon competition.
I've played all Civ varieties over the years to some degree, except Revolutions. Looking forward to Civ5 very much; I like eye-candy and dislike micro management.
My thanks to the community for creating and maintaining such a great site!
Now to cast my vote :)

I've played Civ 2 for years and years. Tried Civ III and really didn't enjoy it at all. Received Civ IV as a Christmas gift and really love it. Only problem I have now (really two) are: addicted to playing Civ IV and I've purchased the Complete Edition but can't install it due to not being able to uninstall Game of the Year Edition. Firaxis is very non-responsive to my questions, other than we will respond within 72 hours (even to a note stating it was past 72 hours and I still have no response). I'll be looking through the forums to see if anyone has the same problems as I do - have seen some responses, but none for Windows 7 (so I'll try what is recommended for Vista).

Pretty damn good automatic translator! Welcome! :)
=)
This is Google's translator. And I check that there was no frank delusions.

Well I've been playing original Civ since I discovered it on a college computer back in 199X :) I didn't know what the hell it was but I couldn't stop playing it. I still remember the first time I nuked the Aztecs - that Mushroom cloud was the coolest thing I ever saw in a computer game (EGA-style graphics or not it still is!!! :D)

I just got the full Civ 4 (BtS and Warlords add so much to the original, I never realised what I was missing with just basic Civ 4) and then I search online to figure out the Apostolic Palace and bingo - I find a great active resource site and it's telling me about Civ 5 - now THAT's timing!

And with Patrician 4 coming out this year all my old favourites are coming back swinging, sweet! :crazyeye:

Hello everyone,

As you can see I'm a new member here, I registered only yesterday. I've been coming to the site regularly for a few months now, and reading all the amazingly informative BTS articles has helped me to achieve my first two Prince victories.

I currently play a game or two every week, and I rarely ever set more than one or two initial conditions, as I enjoy having to figure testing my ability to adapt to ever changing situations. I used to be a pretty big fan of Asoka, but as of late I tend to leave my leader choice at random.

Truly a great site for a great game, and here's to hoping that I'll get a chance to interact with all of you in the future!

New to the group but not to CIV. Started with CIV 1 and now today just pre-ordered CIV 5.
Name here is Leo.
I use the name 'leebest' online as I used to kid with my computer guru (gees, has it been over 15 yrs) that in playing computer games I was the 'best' hence, leebest.
Still trying to live up to that and def. just wishfull thinking !
Win or lose, its just so much fun !
Regards to all and looking forward to reading all the good posts.
Leo

Hi... actually, I've been playing Civ since it was first released so many years ago. My sons are now into it in a big way. We've been playing multiplayer Civ IV quite a bit lately, and we're looking forward to Civ V. So, I'm looking for any hints and tips that will keep me ahead of my boys, amd maps and mods that give new looks to the game. Thanks for the forum!

Top Bottom