Welcome to the Diplomacy II Sub-Forum!

I wanted to take a moment for a general update on what is going on in Diplomacy II right now. So here goes:
  • The nex playtest, which I believe is playtest IV, should be out soon. I currently have around nine playtesters ready to go. Many of them have been handpicked, so I'm hoping to get a really good bit of detailed feedback.
  • The next playtest will include all of the new wonders, as well as a few new simple game features and on top of that a major unit update.
  • One of the things currently being discussed in the sub-forum is the new traits for leaders. Currently there is consensus on two of them (Seafaring/Enterprising and Nationalistic).
  • In addition to new traits, there is also a discussion about trait combinations and keeping them spread out evenly among the various leaders and civs.
  • The playtest after next will finally see the addition of inquisitors and the new religious victory. I am in the process of creating unique inquisitor graphics for each religion.
  • I finally got the Flavian Amphitheatre wonder to work, so for now the wonders are finished. Although I'd like to start up a discussion on some projects I have been thinking of adding.
  • There is also discussion of changing some UUs. The Musketeer, Mohawk Warrior, Maccabee, and a new Celtic UU are among those being discussed.

So there is plenty of action going on around here, and we always appreciate new feedback and ideas.

Wow, we're doing more than I thought we were doing. btw, isn't it about time for an Easter pic ;) :mischief:

Wow, we're doing more than I thought we were doing. btw, isn't it about time for an Easter pic ;) :mischief:

If you want to put one up go ahead, I am not Christian though, so I do not celebrate Easter.

But by all means, if you want to go for it. I don't care.

Naw, I'll wait 'till Easter for that :)

Capo do you.. oh I just got your avatar.. Capo, get it? Cap? ... damn it

My avatar has nothing to do with my SN, although that is kind of ironic that I am wearing a cap in it.

anyway, Do you celebrate Christmas?

I buy people gifts, but only because they buy them for me (and I do so similarly for my Jewish friends), but no I do not celebrate Christmas, not in a religious way anyway. My family isn't atheist though, so when I visit them there is Christian stuff going on, so I guess I kind of do, but I don't engage in any religious behavior. Even at my neice's baptism and funerals I go to I just sit there. I don't engage in pointless/meaningless rituals. I'm sure that would be offensive to some people, and it certainly has been, but on the same token you probably wouldn't like it if someone made you pray to Mecca five times a day, or sacrifice a bull or a virgin, so why should I do things I don't want to do/believe in?

But you still celebrate christmas (xD lol totally ingored what you wrote) J/K!

I am an Atheist but I will not stop celebrating the christmas, I just love the gifts and food :D.

But you still celebrate christmas (xD lol totally ingored what you wrote) J/K!

I am an Atheist but I will not stop celebrating the christmas, I just love the gifts and food :D.

There is a difference in being there, eating the food, and celebrating it in the sense you mean it. I have been to Sikh and Muslim celebrations, doesn't mean I believe in it or anything and doesn't mean they expected me to. So sitting and eating a meal on Christmas day, with Christians, does not make you Christian. Nor does it mean you believe in any of it, especially in the United States where Christmas is hardly a religious holiday at all for many people.

I like you you'r every .... umm.. wassa word? Smart :p

Btw, when can we expect the playtest, suprisingly I am very impatient about playing first playtest (for me)

Btw, can the playtest be played with people online? (via Internet?)

Yes, Diplomacy II is also good for multiplayer games. Furthermore it was designed for them in the first place.
BUT: How do you want to play it online, if it's only in playtesting stadium??
You cannot send this further to anyone, I'm sure Capo won't like that (at least I know I wouldn't allow that yet)

So you want to play it with other playtesters online.
Of course it's up to Capo, but I don't see anything against that. Maybe it would be even good to test that part out too
Though you will need to find other playtesters who volunteer

Don't get ahead of yourself there laddy. ;)

I intend on the last playtest to be done in MP by a few playtesters who are willing to do it. Of course it would be a quick game just to make sure it works. And I would say to be patient about it, I am making this for MP, which means I intend on playing MP with it, which also means I already have a group lined up for such games, which means you can play with us too, and so on and so forth.

So I wouldn't worry about that just yet, however if you are interested send me your contact info and I'll be willing to play a game or too with you. If you send this out to anyone else though, I will put you on ignore and never give you another playtest. ;)

It would supposed to be out two weeks ago actually, but it got backed up a bit. It will be out as soon as GeoModder and Bakuel finish some art for me, and I get around to putting it in. So I'm hoping for sometime next week, maybe within the next five to seven days if all goes well.

Since I have received some PMs about the playtest, I am going to make an announcement here. I have all of the material I need for the new playtest, I got the Cidainh unit from Bakuel and the Polynesian city-style from GeoModder (there are previews in the art thread). I'd like to thank them both for their contributions first of all.

Between the time I got those files, and the time I finished up the Flavian Amphitheatre I decided to try my hand at putting in some new air unit promotions. There is no real issue other than the stats for these promotions and the prerequisites, we are discussing that in the Functions/Features thread of this forum, so I would really appreciate some help on setting up the promotion tree for these promotions. I am also having some small issues with the new city-style. Both of those should be easy fixes though, so I'm shooting for the playtest (IV) to be released sometime this weekend, or early next week at the latest. Thanks for your patience, and I hope I haven't turned-off any playtesters.

As usual, if you are interested in playtesting please PM me.

What's the small issues with the new citystyle?

Top Bottom