Welcome to the Diplomacy II Sub-Forum!

Update: 7 April 2010

Alright, well playtest IV is officially out and already being discussed in the playtest feedback thread. The next playtest, much like playtest IV, is going to have a lot of new content in it. The next playtest is going to get another LH update, which means some will be removed (and if they come out in time added), new traits will be added and given to the leaders, I will change more of their personalities, and some of their favorite civics as well. Religions will get a huge boost with the addition of a inquisitors, a new project (the Grand Inquisition) as well as a new Religious Vicotry. Of course there will most likely be many other changes (gametext, final UU and UB edits, a new building or two, and new graphics) in the upcoming playtest.

We are nearing the end of this project, so right now feedback is crucial to our success in making this mod a fun and high-quality work. I appreciate all of the help and support Diplomacy II has received.

As usual, feel free to start any thread, or post anywhere on this forum. We appreciate new visitors, and seriously consider all feedback we get.

:goodjob:

Cool, I also think the mod is shaping pretty nicely!
Hm, but just noticed, you plan to remove some leaders from the base version? :S

Oh, and seeing Religious Victory there: I think I already mentioned before, but I would really like to see Mastery Victory type too along with the Religious Victory
It's optional (so won't mess up the usual game for anyone), but for many players it's definitely the best playing style. You have to be good in every aspect of the game, not just in one and claim victory because of that part...

I do plan on adding that one too. I have a folder with all of the modcomps I am going to add to the mod on my computer, and someone has agreed to merge them for me when I get a final list. :goodjob:

Well, I hope to do some serious playtesting today. Yesterday I was up 'till the wee hours redoing some math work :sad: but today I have significantly less work :D

Hey Capo, you realized Diplomacy II has more than 1000 posts in 25 days?
We already overtook some big names in post number, and who knows where will be the end? ;)

Also this shows how important was this new subthread. Can you imagine following all this information in the old thread? :D

One of the files appears to have been corrupted (sorry I could't post this earlier :()

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 115
Umm, wrong thread I guess? :p

Damn it! Not again! :mad:

Update: 27 April 2010

A few things are being discussed with Playtest IV out right now. I am personally noticing performance issues, which have caused me to REMOVE Machu Picchu from the mod. This is not officially done yet, if I can figure out a way to decrease the MAFs I will reinstate it. If you are a playtester please discuss any issues you notice in the PLAYTEST FEEDBACK THREAD, if you are a first-time visitor or an observer please visit the thread and see what we're discussing, maybe you can help out. :goodjob:

Update: 8 May 2010

As I am sure most of you are already aware, I am going to go back to making LHs for a couple of weeks again. For the most part none of these LHs will appear in the mod, at least not this edition (there may be some of them in module packs however), so if you want to follow along with what I am doing as far as they go visit my LH gallery (there is a link in the sig).

What does this mean for Diplomacy II?

Basically nothing, actually.

I am still in the tedious process of trying to slim down the mod a bit, file-size-wise, and working on LHs actually helps me do this rather than distracts me. Optimizing LHs and units is exceedingly boring, and every now and again it is good to step back and work on an LH. So basically everything is going fine. The only thing that will probably occur due to this lull is a major lack of information going on here.

Firstly, there won't be much in the way of updates because all of the new updates generally rely on how well I address the MAF error issue. So far there is a bit of good news and a bit of bad news, I have managed to make the MAFs less frequent, but it seems like I may not be able to entirely get rid of them. So we'll see. As for everything else that was planned for the mod, well that is being worked on by my super-secret helper. :mischief:

Wonder who he could be... or she... or.... it?

Anyway, point is; don't worry, mod's still being worked on. There just won't be a bunch of new info for a week or two. I would APPRECIATE it, however, if everyone else could please chime in in the Playtest Thread. Even if you have nothing to report, it just makes me feel better if I know my playtesters are playtesting. :goodjob:

Update: 28 May 2010

Alright, I have some relatively excellent news.

First, I have mentioned there is something really cool coming at all of you, and I am sorry there hasn't been much talk here but I wanted this to be a surprise. That is why there haven't been many updates from me.

Another reason, of course, is that I don't really have much to show you right now. Which is why, if you noticed, I started making some new LHs.

Anyway, I just wanted to report that I got some very good information today in a PM, some of which has been edited out to maintain the surprise, but the point of posting this is so you know that the next playtest is going to :):):):)ing awesome...

Hi.

I've merged your dream list except *******. That must be still done. And I haven't done the ****** stuff yet. But both shouldn't be very hard. Have you got update files and stuff for me?

The number of *s does not indicate the amount of letters or even in some cases words that I covered up, so don't read into that. But needless to say, I sent this guy a list of things to do, and he's almost done with them. So yeah. You will :):):):) yourself when you see what they are. ;)

Diplomacy II is going to own.

EDIT: I am protecting his name for good reason. :mischief:

EDIT 2: On a completely unrelated note, I am the new regular host of ModCast. :goodjob:

Wow! That's awesome man! :goodjob: Since the semester's almost over, I will get to enjoy the next playtest shortly (after July 2)! Plus, it'll be good to hear your comments on modding, etc. more often on ModCast!

Update: 16 June 2010

Okey everyone, I hope I still have some of your attention because I know there has been scant news and updates lately, and definitely little to no action around here. This should change quite dramatically in the next week or so.

First, I have been trying my best to skim as much unnecessary art and files from this mod. Right now I am around two thirds of the way finished with optimizing texture on the units I use, hopefully that should put a significant dent in the size of the unit files when I am finished (I am hoping for at least 20% off).

Secondly, Bakuel finished his Turkish units, which I have been eagerly awaiting for a while. Of all the unit sets that were taking up memory I think the Turkish and Indian sets were the worst. Which is good because Bakuel does a great job keeping the files as streamlined as possible, and he has recently announced that an Indian (an Arab) set is in the cards. I am pretty excited about the Arab one because I have also been having issues with that set as well.

Third, and finally, I am STILL waiting on the guy to finish up the project I had him work on. You might ask why I, someone who is usually extremely transparent with his modding, would keep you guys in the dark over this stuff. There are a few reasons that may make more sense when I am allowed to discuss them, but for now I'd just ask you to trust me on this one. I know we normally discuss changes to the mod in great detail, and I understand that it usually results in a better mod. But the things I am having this guy do are either (a) too complicated for me to figure out on my own, let alone alter and (b) are pretty straight-forward anyway so I doubt much debate or discussion is necessary. Once this guy finishes I plan on adding the new traits and getting the next playtest out. So I think with the new additions and the optimized units this playtest will be the best yet. :goodjob:

In the meantime, there is something important we need to discuss, so please visit the Religions thread after reading this. Thanks a lot guys, I'm sorry I haven't been around as much lately, but your help and support has been invaluable to me, so I hope to see everyone that was here before stick around. :goodjob:

The Capo, I just wanted to say that you are of course free to use each and any optimized unit from VD, I believe we are using a lot of same units, so feel free to check as I did optimize quite a few of them!

The Capo, I just wanted to say that you are of course free to use each and any optimized unit from VD, I believe we are using a lot of same units, so feel free to check as I did optimize quite a few of them!

Thanks a lot!

I was wondering when you planned on another update for VD because I was going to wait as long as I could until you did that to pillage your mod for units. ;)

Thanks a lot!

I was wondering when you planned on another update for VD because I was going to wait as long as I could until you did that to pillage your mod for units. ;)

You are welcome.

As far as optimizations go, v9.1 is ready.
I do plan to include Bakuel's and Bernie's new units thou, but those are ok as they come.

Top Bottom