• Nothing- music distracts me too much

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I´m fine with the original civ-background music

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • My panzers rock with German folk music

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Gangasta Rap rules when I kick the Ai´s ass

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Manowar, Hammerfall-, what else can be more motivating for my little warriors

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Bach and Wagner, like all villains who are going for world domination

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Jazz and Soul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • situation-depending- Metal when warmongering, Something relaxing when improving terrain and cities

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Classical music, namely beethoven and mozart, was created for two things: gangster movies and civ playing.

LLXerxes said:
I'mgood with the regular backround music.

I like it so much, I burned it onto a CD :blush:

I love the CivIII music!! Sometimes I just sit on my computer listening to the songs over and over again from the CivIII folder on the hard drive.

Civ music is great..aspecialy improved version in Conquest :thumbsup:

What I think would be good also.. hm..Mike Oldfield for every Era, and for a Ind/Mod era wars: Gary Moores - Out In The Field!

I love the first song they play in the Sengoku Conquest. It's awesome. I like most Civ3 music, except most of the Industrial Age music and one of the Modern Age songs (I'm not a fan of classical stuff. I wouldn't consider most Civ songs classical).

I would prefer classic rock but usually hear various Baby Einstein classical cds since that is what is playing while my daughter sleeps.

I just like to put on the radio.

Here's a funny story, last week I was listening to a classic Rock station, and I was playing C3C as the Babylons. AC/DC's "hell's bells" came on, and not even 2 turns later, the Ottomans sneak attacked. Talk about foreshadowing.

BTW, I saw in another thread something about listening to your MP3 and CDs off of your computer while you play CIV. How do you do that? I would love to rule the world while listening to Pink Floyd.

Brothers Of Metal, King, Heart Of Steel, Kings Of Metal, Louder Than Hell, The Crown And The Ring, Return Of The Warlord, The Gods Made Heavy Metal, The Power, Today Is A Good Day To Die; and so on. :D

Dont know better music for warmongering during Middle ages!!! Its great feeling, when your knights are headind towards enemy and you listen... Brothers of metal are fighting with power and steel! YEAH!!! :devil: LOVE THAT! You HAVE to try it!

I played recently:

Tooikonomachide, Fruit(s) Candy, Honey, Catch you Catch me, Yoru no Uta, Prism, and Groovy (i.e. the songs in my sig)

I had to for 3 days actually. I couldn't civ under the rules I set upon on myself that everything I did had to be Cardcaptor Sakura related. (including having to sleep to it's music)

Now I'm used to it, and besides I like the music. :D

If you want to click on my link to Yoru no Uta in my sig though, you'll see how strange it is to listen to that while I'm crushing (or being crushed by) my neighbors.

I just use the Auto-DJ feature on my jukebox software to generate a random 2-hour playlist from my mp3 collection (which acts as both soundtrack AND timer... :) )

Here's a typical (and typically eclectic) example:

Charles Aznavour, Beethoven, Brahms, Jacques Brel, Dvorak, Elton John, Leo Ferre, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Mozart, Oasis, Ozzy, Pink Floyd, Serge Reggiani, Schubert, Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, U2

Civ3's music, except if it's screwing up/skipping, in which case nothing.

Most of the time i listen to the Civ music, sometimes i play CD's or records. Occasionally i'll just listen to the radio. Funny options by the way. :D

The Civ-provided soundtrack is fine...I do wish, however, that you could choose your own tracks, much like you used to be able to do in Civ II. I've been playing my first extended multiplayer game with a couple of friends, and I started to get weary of the percussion-heavy "early era European" track.

-it varies depending on my mood. mostly a lot of ambient stuff like Groove Armada or Tweaker. lately i've been playing the Mechwarrior series soundtracks in the background. i never use the in-game music, i find it repetitive.

Ozzy is a must... and Lemmy(Motorhead) when things go wrong :)

Top Bottom