What additional civilizations would you like to see in Civilization V

What additional civilizations would you like to see in Civilization V?

• Total voters
Yes please, no Uncle Ho. I think it's rather unfortunate but most non-Vietnamese (and even a lot of Vietnamese) don't know about Vietnamese history before the Vietnam War. Granted, much of it was just fighting off China (it's a huge part of Vietnam's national identity, in my opinion), but it also presents a rather interesting contrast to the rest of Southeast Asia and East Asia.

Yeah. I mean, it wouldn't feel right if Vietnam didn't get a VietCong unit, but they don't need everything to be the Vietnam War.

Yeah. I mean, it wouldn't feel right if Vietnam didn't get a VietCong unit, but they don't need everything to be the Vietnam War.

Yeah, true, indeed the Viet Cong unit would be pretty iconic. As long as everything doesn't have to do with the Vietnam War I think that'd be reasonably representative of Vietnam - actually maybe a bit more than would be expected, given how little most people know about Vietnam outside of the Vietnam War.

Brazil is confirmed in BNW (when it was on the 4th place)

Christina Kirchner not good enough?
UA: Whine about Las Malvinas. Reduces population unhappiness in founded cities by 25%.
UI: Pampas. on plains/grassland +1 production, +1 food. +1 extra production and food if cattle
UB: Same-sex Wedding Parlour. Replaces Temple. +2 faith, +2 happiness, no maint.

;)

Maybe also possibility to export great prophets to the vatican CS?

Ok, I have to admit I think that Whining about the Falklands UA is pretty funny, but seriously Argentina does have potential. Eva Peron would be the leader because she's iconic to the people, despite the controversy that surrounds her. I sort of like the Pampas idea, and the Gaucho could be their unique unit. As for the UA, it should definitely tie into the new ideology system, maybe making it easier to force your ideology on other countries or making Argentina less susceptible to other ideologies imposing their ideas on you. I know it's a long shot, but Argentina is a strong, modern country with colonial roots and it helps fill out South America. I wish people would take Argentina a little more seriously in the forums.

After 360 votes (+34):

1. Portugal: 181 (+19)
2. Zulu: 163 (+14)
3. Indonesia: 142 (+9)
4. Brazil: 128 (+12)
5. Poland: 125 (+11) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 4th place
6. Sumer: 125 (+12)

7. Kongo: 112 (+10)
8. Hittites: 108 (+8)
9. Sioux: 101 (+7)
10. Hungary: 90 (+13)
11. Khmer: 88 (+8)
12. Tibet: 87 (+7)
13. Phoenicia: 86 (+11)
14. Assyria: ~83 (+10) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 14th place
15. Morocco/Moors: 82 (+13)

16. Hebrews: ~77 (+9)
17. Mali: 69 (+9)
18. Armenia: ~67 (+9)
19. Zimbabwe: 61 (+6)
20. Khazars: 60 (+8)
20. Vietnam: ~60 (+8)
20. Nubia: ~60 (+10)
20. Swahili/Kilwa: ~60 (+10)
With at least 3-4 North American Native civs going in this list somewhere between 60-80 votes
Apache, Navajo, Comanche, Mississippian, Pueblo/Anasazi are among the most likely candidates that made it over 60.

I want to see all civs from the first 18 ones, without any exceptions!
My top choices include: Phoenicia, Khmer and Hungary!!

I want to see all civs from the first 18 ones, without any exceptions!
My top choices include: Phoenicia, Khmer and Hungary!!

Hey, since Sumer and the Hittites probably aren't, Khmer and Hungary have decent chances.

Hey, AbsintheRed, I posted on your other poll as well so I might as well do it here, even though they're getting quite old by now. But no one else is giving love to my pet favorite so let me:

Minoans!

That is all.

Hey, AbsintheRed, I posted on your other poll as well so I might as well do it here, even though they're getting quite old by now. But no one else is giving love to my pet favorite so let me:

Minoans!

That is all.

Yep, thanks for bumping the threads :king:

Alright, here is another sum of the results:
In the grouped options, the method is similar than previously:
Spoiler :
Based on feedback and on other polls to some extent, I try to guess the votes for the civs in the grouped options

Other Middle Eastern civs
In this category, Assyria, Israel and probably Armenia are the most popular candidates.
119 votes are a lot, there is a good chance all 3 of those made it over 60 votes
I would put Assyria around 95, the Hebrews around 85, and Armenia around 75 if I had to make a very rough guess
I'm pretty sure all the others are below 60, with much less than half of the votes for the category.

Other European civs
They are not too popular with their 52 votes
Not surprising, mostly because of the eurocentrism of the 1st expansion
Anyway, this combined option is on the last place currently
So, none of the other european civs got more than 35 votes so far

Other North American native civs
This is the hardest category to guess, there are just too many similarly popular options, and it got 117 votes
Which could be the dominant civs there? Apache? Navajo? Comanche? Cherokee? Pueblo/Anasazi? Inuit? Cree? Mississippian? Or one of the 5 civilized natives?
Really hard to guess...
Also, it's in this category where IMO it matters the less whether someone get's the Apache or the Comanche in the end...
So I cannot really have any good guesses, only have a clue based on the few comments, but that's not enough here

South American native civs
62 votes. Not that few, but no real leading candidate here
I would say none of the options can have more than 35-40 votes
Probably the Mapuche is leading, but not by much

Other African civs
81 votes for them. As opposed to the previous category, I think there are some popular options here (based on feedback). Probably Nubia and Kilwa/Swahili got around 80% of the votes.
Possibly both could make it somewhere around 65. Maybe the Ashanti as well.

Other South Asian civs
Similar case to Africa, with 73 votes
Here is a clear leading candidate, Vietnam. Based on feedback almost everyone would gladly see them ingame who voted for this option
Somewhere between 65-70 votes seems plausible.
None of the other civs could possibly reach anything more than 40 votes

Other Central Asian civs
58 votes. Very similar to the South American civs.
Don't think any of these have more than 35 votes.

Other colonial or "modern" civs
104 votes are not few, but in this option most voters are opting for their own country.
So no real leading option here IMO.
Most likely none of the civs have more than 1/2 of the votes

After 400 votes (+40):

1. Portugal: 205 (+24) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 1st place
2. Zulu: 179 (+16) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 2nd place
3. Indonesia: 162 (+20) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 3rd place
4. Poland: 139 (+14) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 4th place
5. Brazil: 138 (+10) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 4th place
6. Sumer: 134 (+9)

7. Kongo: 120 (+8)
8. Hittites: 112 (+4)
9. Sioux: 108 (+7)
10. Hungary: 106 (+16)
11. Khmer: 97 (+9)
12. Morocco/Moors: 96 (+14) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 12th place
13. Phoenicia: 95 (+9)
13. Tibet: 95 (+8)
15. Assyria: ~93 (+10) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 14th place

16. Hebrews: ~85 (+8)
17. Mali: 80 (+11)
18. Armenia: ~75 (+8)
19. Khazars: 70 (+10)
20. Vietnam: ~68 (+8)
21. Nubia: ~65 (+5)
21. Zimbabwe: 65 (+4)
23. Swahili/Kilwa: ~63 (+3)
23. Ashanti: ~63 (same as Swahili)

With at least 3-4 North American Native civs going in this list somewhere between 60-90 votes
Apache, Navajo, Comanche, Cherokee, Mississippian, Pueblo/Anasazi are among the most likely candidates that made it over 60.

And the categories got:
Other Middle-Eastern civs: 119 (+10) - Assyria, Hebrews and Armenia
Other European civs: 52 (+6)
Other African civs: 81 (+6) - Nubia, maybe Swahili and Ashanti
Other South Asian civs: 73 (+8) - Vietnam
Other Central Asian civs: 58 (+5)
Other colonial or "modern" civs: 104 (+10)
South American native civs: 62 (+5)
Other North American civs: 117 (+10) - As stated before, probably some of the Apache, Navajo, Cherokee, Comanche, Pueblo/Anasazi, Mississippian, Crow, Cree, Inuit made it to at least 60-90 votes, but I don't have enough information here for a good guess

Previous result:
Spoiler :
After 360 votes (+34):

1. Portugal: 181 (+19)
2. Zulu: 163 (+14)
3. Indonesia: 142 (+9)
4. Brazil: 128 (+12)
5. Poland: 125 (+11) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 4th place
6. Sumer: 125 (+12)

7. Kongo: 112 (+10)
8. Hittites: 108 (+8)
9. Sioux: 101 (+7)
10. Hungary: 90 (+13)
11. Khmer: 88 (+8)
12. Tibet: 87 (+7)
13. Phoenicia: 86 (+11)
14. Assyria: ~83 (+10) - confirmed as a civ in BNW when it was on the 14th place
15. Morocco/Moors: 82 (+13)

16. Hebrews: ~77 (+9)
17. Mali: 69 (+9)
18. Armenia: ~67 (+9)
19. Zimbabwe: 61 (+6)
20. Khazars: 60 (+8)
20. Vietnam: ~60 (+8)
20. Nubia: ~60 (+10)
20. Swahili/Kilwa: ~60 (+10)

With at least 3-4 North American Native civs going in this list somewhere between 60-80 votes
Apache, Navajo, Comanche, Mississippian, Pueblo/Anasazi are among the most likely candidates that made it over 60.

And the categories got:
Other Middle-Eastern civs: 109 (+11) - Assyria, Hebrews and Armenia
Other European civs: 46 (+5)
Other African civs: 75 (+13) - Nubia and Swahili
Other South Asian civs: 65 (+8) - Vietnam
Other Central Asian civs: 53 (+5)
Other colonial or "modern" civs: 94 (+8)
South American native civs: 57 (+5)
Other North American civs: 107 (+7) - As stated before, probably some of the Apache, Navajo, Cherokee, Comanche, Pueblo/Anasazi, Mississippian, Crow, Cree, Inuit made it to at least 60-80 votes, but I don't have enough information here for a good guess

I originally envisioned this post as a separate topic, but I assumed that the mods would just merge it into this thread anyway. Assuming that the last two BNW civs are Venice (a foregone conclusion at this point in my opinion) and a Native American civilization (Pueblo, Seminole, Shawnee, or Sioux it would seem), which nine (G&K got nine new civilizations and BNW got nine new civilizations) civilizations would you want to see in a hypothetical third expansion?

Here's my preliminary list:

The Afghans
The Armenians
The Bulgarians
The Hungarians
The Khazars
The Kongolese
The Nubians
The Tamils
The Vietnamese

Depending on which Native American civilization gets in for BNW...I might sub a NA civ into that list in lieu of one of my other choices. I also wouldn't mind the Mexicans as a wild card civ similar to the Brazilians.

Argentina - Eva Peron
Ashanti - Yaa Asantewaa
Hungary - Matthias Corvinus
Inuit - Apanuugpak
Israel - David
Kongo - Afonso I
Sumeria - Gilgamesh
Timurids - Tamerlane
Vietnam - Trung Trac

My top 9 civs:
Armenia
Khazars
Khmer
Hungary
Mali
Nubia
Phoenicia
Sumer
Vietnam

And the next 9: ;)
(sometimes some of them shifting to the first 9 :crazyeye:)
Ashanti
Bulgaria
Comanche/Cherokee
Hebrews/Israel
Hittites
Mapuche
Kongo
Pueblo/Anasazi
Tibet

If I have to limit myself to 9 for a hypothetical third expansion:

1. Vietnam
2. Timurids/Central Asian Silk Road civ
3. Kongo
4. Mississippians in some form (assuming the Shawnee, etc. aren't the final civ in BNW)
5. Tamil
6. Hungary
7. Armenia
8. Zimbabwe
9. Khazaria

Subject to change.

Inuit.

Over in BNW section of the forum Venice and one of Sioux or Shawnee seems to be the popular guesses for the final remaining 2 unrevealed civs in the new expansion. This of course could change on a dime if new hints are released

With more info re: BNW, I'm going to go with Civs I'd like to see that are confirmed out. This is much harder because, quite frankly, many of the ones I wanted were included this time:

Mississippians
Vietnamese
Kongo (or Great Zimbabwe/Shona)
Israel
Sumerians
Haida
Timurids
Normans
Pueblos (hey, one can still hope)

I technically said 10 right there :p
11th suggestion can be the Ashanti. Hell, number 12 can be the Hittites.

Vietnam
Afghanistan
Khazaria
Bulgaria
Hungary
Colombia (i.e. Gran Colombia)
Somalia
Nubia (Kush)
Madagascar

Sumer
Hittites
Timurids or Khazaria
Kongo
Khmer
Vietnam
Gran Colombia
A Native American civ; Sioux if they're not in BNW
And then Yugoslavia as the dark horse

A nice spread continent-wise, and, more importantly, every civilization from the past games will have returned. In the case of HRE, it's covered by Germany. For Mali, Songhai overlaps with a lot of it.

With more info re: BNW, I'm going to go with Civs I'd like to see that are confirmed out. This is much harder because, quite frankly, many of the ones I wanted were included this time:

Mississippians
Vietnamese
Kongo (or Great Zimbabwe/Shona)
Israel
Sumerians
Haida
Timurids
Normans
Pueblos (hey, one can still hope)

I technically said 10 right there :p
11th suggestion can be the Ashanti. Hell, number 12 can be the Hittites.

Pueblo doesn't want to be represented so I don't understand why people are still hoping for them. People gotta drop it and find a different American Indian civ to follow

My Nine In this order. (Assuming Sioux and Venice/Italy are in)

Inuit
Israel/Hebrew
Kievan Rus/Ukraine
Navajo/Anasazi
Tibet
Argentina
Cherokee
Nubia or Zimbabwe
Carribean Civ (Cuba or other island civ)

Top Bottom