What are you driving?

Beep beep. This is a cute car!
cute car 1 geely-lc-1.jpg

It looks like a lady bug. Should be red.

This one is nice too. Should also be red. Still it sold by $70,000,000 making it the most expensive car in history probably.
60.jpg

It is if the buyer sells it by $100,000,000 in few years.

1963 Ferrari 250 GTO! My favorite car from that era is this Porsche 904

porsche-904-gts-2-326708276.jpg

That is a serious contender!

IMO sport cars reached the stetic peak in the 60s.

Lambo Miura. And at $2,000,000 is a bargain!

Yes, the most beautiful cars are from the 1960s (with a few outliers from other times). EVs may enable some new impressive designs though.

I have a ten (ish) year old Kia Venga in the driveway. Car ownership is a catch 22 for me. If I have one I get annoyed over the insurance money I sink into something I hardly use. But every now and again something comes up where it's super handy to have easy access to a car. If I had real money I'd get a good EV with good range. I love my e-bike it's by far my main mode of transportation but yeah, sometimes you just need a car for something.

Recently I've been on an Alfa Romeo small sedan kick.

Alfas have that je ne sais quoi, even with its bad reability reputation. According to Jeremy Clarckson they are made to be great during a brief period of time. In any case i will add one to my car collection. (if i ever have a car collection)

This one is nice too. Should also be red. Still it sold by $70,000,000 making it the most expensive car in history probably.
I think this is the most expensive car, a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé that cost $135m in 2022.

I think this is the most expensive car, a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé that cost $135m in 2022.

No wonder, only two like that were built (street approved). All other 300 SLR were pure racing cars, winning many races in the 50s, and were driven by Fangio nothing less. And they looked even more amazing IMO:

Sadly this very model was the one causing the big massacre in Lemans in 1955 killing 80+ spectators (plus the pilot Pierre Levegh) and making Mercedes to retire from racing for 30 years. So big history of motorsports behind (even if the most macabre aspect) which makes it even more valuable.

Beautiful car, but yeah, the old head-on shot of Levegh's car flying straight towards the stands is haunting.

Top Bottom