What became of the panthers?

Jabie

Wanted in Monte Carlo...
There are panthers in Age of Ice (in the jungle at the North of the map), but there are no wild panthers in FfH? Is this purely because f gameplay reasons, or is there lore justification for it?

There is no lore reason.

There used to be panthers, but then someone got the idea of introducing packs of animals. Wolf Packs were given the same stats as Panthers, which led someone to complain about how they were only graphically different. Rather than heeding my suggestions and making the animals more unique in different ways (like giving Panthers Woodsman I and II and letting them be invisible in jungles), Kael simply removed the Panthers.

There is no lore reason.

There used to be panthers, but then someone got the idea of introducing packs of animals. Wolf Packs were given the same stats as Panthers, which led someone to complain about how they were only graphically different. Rather than heeding my suggestions and making the animals more unique in different ways (like giving Panthers Woodsman I and II and letting them be invisible in jungles), Kael simply removed the Panthers.

I would've gone with MC's idea. That sounds like it would work. Each animal hunts and kills (or runs and hides) different, so it makes complete sense to me.
Damnit, I want more animals.

There are panthers in Age of Ice (in the jungle at the North of the map), but there are no wild panthers in FfH? Is this purely because f gameplay reasons, or is there lore justification for it?

There were no panthers. There never were panthers. Move along, Citizen. Nothing to see here. The Computer is your friend. Trust the Computer. :D

Top Bottom