what is a jaimo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I wonder if Firaxis people still check these boards. If they do...

"HEY FIRAXIS PEOPLE...QUIT READING THIS AND FIX THE FREAKIN' GAME!!!"

Hmm I cannot seem to re-create this. Suggestions?

This is with PTW right?

GIDustin

Set the date on your PC to Jan 8th 2004, then restart it.

Open PTW, and start a regicide game. Viola!

As for putting in the Jaimo unit, Miriya13 would know better.

and that jaimo folder appears where? I am still not getting it. (I collect units, this is a must have for me :p )

GIDustin

@GIDustin

For me it wasn't a folder, it was a file without and ending and i renamed it to a zip and all the files were in the zip. The file appeared in the extras folder.

GIDustin,

Change the year on your computer to 2004 (2003 didn't work for me).

Start a PTW game. I played one turn then exited.

The rest King of Camelot covered. A file called "Jaimo" was in the extras folder. Renamed it "Jaimo.zip" and then opened it with WinZip. All the files were in the zip.

I wonder what the trigger is that makes it appear in a game and what the silly bugger does. :confused: :scan:

P.S. Once you get the file you can change the date back. :cool:

Originally posted by dog

Well, maybe that's how they just spelled it out. Maybe they call him J-Mo (like J-Lo, if you look at the fortify.flc you'll see that the man can dance ;) ) and they debated for hours whether to name the unit jaimo or jaymo or jaymoe etc etc.

Here's J-Mo's pic from the Firaxis site. Looks like Jaimo to me! :lol:

LOL! well now I know what it is. Thanks!

@GIDustin
I think you have to start a new game after you change your date but once it starts the file is in your extras folder. When you get to the main game screen just exit it should already be in your folder

Here's what the fortify.flc looks like. :lol:

Attachments

• jaimo_fortify.gif
    jaimo_fortify.gif
    65 KB · Views: 2,151
EDIT:

i,ve just been informed that the "elvis unit" is actually in the game. my bad.

I was never told about actually entering the game first/afterwards. I will try that.

GIDustin

Dog-
Those are the funniest anims.
Lmao! I think the sounds are the best! Almost all play some music in the backround, when he dies he screams 'argg', then you hear a car-crash sound. And then a womens voice- "Oh im sorry (young one?) I didnt see you."

Great discovery Miriya13:goodjob:, someone should e-mail thunderfall about this.

it worked. It caused my game to crash, but it worked.

Also, setting my clock ahead 2 years erased all my cookies, so now I gotta type my password in everywhere i go :p

Thanks

GIDustin

Originally posted by PCHighway

Lmao! I think the sounds are the best! Almost all play some music in the backround, when he dies he screams 'argg', then you hear a car-crash sound. And then a womens voice- "Oh im sorry (young one?) I didnt see you."

Yeah, they are funny but I thought posting them would be copyright violation or something (secret copyright violation?:confused: ).

"(young one?)." I think it's "young man" but now you got me thinking... :egypt: Could that not be Jeff Morris but actually be "Neil" from The Young Ones?? :lol:

GIDustin- it worked. It caused my game to crash, but it worked.
Also, setting my clock ahead 2 years erased all my cookies, so now I gotta type my password in everywhere I go:p
Is there no limit to what the Civ community will do for new units!?!?!

Lol, no dog, its probably just my speakers.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom