what is the best slowdown mod?

cain3456

King
I'm looking for a mod that slows tech research, so that everyone is not researching atomics in 1800.
I've tried Zee's mods, but they seem a bit artificial in that once the next age is reached, the previous ages' techs are 1 turn.
However, Zee's mods include slowing down the pollution count to match, which VIII Ages and Take Your Time don't seem to have. But Zee's doesn't slow the diplomacy game, which I won in a laugher. Emergencies, Statue of Liberty just overpower the diplomacy game.

Nothing works against Babylonian nukes in 1300 AD. But for the rest I prefer Historic Speed by Pokiehl

Take Your Time Ultimate.

It allows you to adjust the Tech and/or Civic tree speed by 1x, 1.5x, 2x, ..... up to 5x, independantly of each other. You can also say whether you want ages, great people, etc to scale with it or use a different % scale. Furthermore, it allows you to change the Eureka etc given. For me this always feels like the most complete mods of all the slow-down mods.

I cant remember their names. But my favourite are the ones that change the way the difficulty settings work. So rather than giving the AI extra yields. They instead give the player yield reductions.

Helps balance out the game speed slot, and also increases the difficulty a bit

I do appreciate Zee’s hard coding the era length, as it makes sure the game era doesn’t stop moving when a handful of AI fall apart.

I notice that 1-turn effect happens because the Erueka bonus is multiplied by the ahead-of-era score multiplier (+120%) so that 30% becomes 66% when the era catches up to the tech, and then >100% when the era moves ahead of it. Setting the behind-era multiplier back to -20% instead of -60% might make this feel less artificial.

Is there any mod that can adjust game speeds as the game goes along? I still think marathon speed for the ancient era is best. Would love to go to epic speed for the 2 eras after that. And the last half of the game be normal speed.

Top Bottom