What is your Y-DNA haplogroup ?

What is your Y-DNA haplogroup ?

• C (Mongol, Siberian, Polynesian, Australian)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D (Ainu or Tibetan)

• E3b1 (North African)

• G (Scythian, Samartian, Alan, Georgian)

• K (Persian, Central Asian, Papuan)

• M (Papuan)

• N (Finno-Uralic, Siberian)

• Q (Hunnic, Siberian, Native American)

• R1b1c2 or R1b1c4 (Basque)

• Total voters
Some sort of semi-master-race romanticism or something? Why would you be anymore flattered to be of Saxon origin than say Persian or African?

:lol: Or maybe just the other way around!

Spoiler :
Maybe because I think it would be cool to be part of a small minority? There's virtually none of them left and they are by far the most respected group, as they are about to be completely extinct in this area.

For your information, nobody ever considered the Saxons a superior or even separate race, not to mention I really don't see what connection your post has to mine or to the thread.

R1b1c6 (Iberian)

What?! Does the Iberian race really exist? WTF!!!

Either R1A, H, or L., considering those are all Indian. I'm not sure what part of India I'm from though.

I have only just applied for a haplotype analysis through the Genographic project. According to statistics I am likely to have a Y-chromosome I1b haplotype since father is from serbian/croatian ancestry, however I could be in for a surprise.

Actually it does nothing of the sort. AA programs do not exist because people discriminate on the basis Y-DNA group. They exist because people discriminate on the basis appearance. A person who looks white could have more African DNA in him than a guy who looks black, but that's irrelevant. The black looking person is going to be treated differently within society than the white looking person. AA exists, in part, to counteract that effect. No matter their class, people growing up black in America have a uniquely different experience, an often negative one comparatively, than those who don't.
Everyone has a unique experience growing up, regardless of race.

Good luck measuring the negative effect that being black has on one's opportunities. Good luck implementing a system that discriminates people based on something as subjective and non-discrete as appearance.

I don't know for sure but mine is probably R1a Aryan. My caste supposedly comes from up north and usually is Aryan.

please don't make me try and pick one.... I'm a bit of most every European culture (with a touch of Native American) aside from Spanish, Italian, Greek, and Turkish....

I'm a bastard, so who knows? Probably not even my mother. Why exactly is this in History? And wasn't there a similar thread in OT about six months back?

According to the date of the OP, it was probably this one.
Nah, the one I'm thinking of was much longer, on the order of six or seven pages. What is it with frigging necros lately? It's pissing me off no end.

I have only just applied for a haplotype analysis through the Genographic project. According to statistics I am likely to have a Y-chromosome I1b haplotype since father is from serbian/croatian ancestry, however I could be in for a surprise.

No surprises here, I got my results yesterday and I am as predicted I1b.

Top Bottom