What kind of Music are you listening while playing game

IkM

King
Title says all. or you listening in-game music?

Peace to all.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Frank Sinatra mostly. Though sometimes I put in headphones to hear the war theme from the game.

When I played vanilla and G&K, it was the Civ5 soundtrack on my iPod (didn't like the G&K soundtrack much at all). Since starting BNW last weekend, I've been listening to my customized BNW soundtrack and so far, close to 50 plays despite only playing during evenings and weekends.

The music in-game of course! Michael Curran and Geoff Knorr did such a great job with the new themes in BNW, and maintained the terrific standard they had set with G&K and vanilla CiV. Indonesia's peace theme is banging, especially.

When I found out that my Great Musicians' pieces wouldn't play for some reason on my install, I just started listening to Geinoh Yamashirogumi- the people responsible for the soundtrack of "Akira." So amazing.

I can't imagine ever listening to in-game music. Don't you just get snippets which can be abruptly cut-off/changed?

The first thing I did after installing BNW was to turn the music volume to zero.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Buccaneer said:
I can't imagine ever listening to in-game music. Don't you just get snippets which can be abruptly cut-off/changed?

I'll echo that. Though the BNW original music is awesome, the regular background music for the game is generally tedious. Consequently, you barely hear the peace/war tracks in the game (though the war tracks do usually play fully after you declare war or are DOWed on).

One time there was a fortunate error in the playback which resulted in the diplomatic themes of other civs playing to the finish until interrupted. (For example, meeting Elizabeth launches the Peace theme, and you hear it until another leader chats to you, at which point their theme fully kicks in). That was the way it should have been implemented, in my opinion.

It's especially egregious since each civ has less variety in background music. You'll sometimes hear the same track some four or five times in the course of 100 turns. And some of the background tracks are downright depressing or cacophonic. Why they couldn't implement Curran and Knorr's music in a better fashion puzzles and frustrates me. :(

------
Also, here's a great and catchy Shoshone song:

Link to video.

Thanks for the awesome Sufi music, Khagan_Bek!

Yeah I have the music volume turned all the way off and don't listen to any music in the background..... I personally find I will just tone out the music after a while. Like I'm not listening to anything at all anyways

This used to be the case, but I think they patched it at some point. Nearly all songs play out entirely now, simply fading out when you talk to a leader, and back in when that's done. When there's war you always hear the enemy's and your own war themes now. There's still some weird bugs now and then, for example where one song is repeated over and over for ever, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the way the themes play now.

Hmm. Usually I don't have music on. I have the TV on instead. Lately, it's been a steady stream of MST3k episodes.. although I did do a Mel Brooks night a few months ago, where I chose the civs based on the movies of his that I had on in the background. That was a good night. :)

For my first few weeks with BNW, however, I'll play with the TV off so that I can hear the new civilizations' music, etc.

When I play as some civs, I only play their music endlessly, only changing when war is declared or when peace is back.

I much prefer Shaka's theme over the default Middle Eastern music when playing as Shaka.

I can't imagine ever listening to in-game music. ...

I can't imagine not listening to the in-game music (for myself). :D

- - - - - - - -

In my current Zulu game right now that I'm finishing up, I sometimes save and reload the game just to hear my epic war song. It really makes me feel legendary as I command my horde of troops; especially earlier in the game with my unstoppable impis. :lol:

Am I the only one who is listening to the Iron Maiden album Brave New World while playing Brave New World? Seriously, it writes itself...

This used to be the case, but I think they patched it at some point. Nearly all songs play out entirely now, simply fading out when you talk to a leader, and back in when that's done. When there's war you always hear the enemy's and your own war themes now. There's still some weird bugs now and then, for example where one song is repeated over and over for ever, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the way the themes play now.

If by "songs that play out entirely now" you mean the background songs that's true, but the peace themes of other leaders in the game do fade out as soon as you exit the leaderscreen. Only on the start of the game and reloads do you hear your own civ's peace theme. :(

Pink Floyd. Another Brick in that Wall :lol:

And I wasn't even alive in the 70s.

Top Bottom