What map for Gardens of Texcoco achievement?

Genghis_Sean

High School English teacher
This strikes me as a hard one to get. I can only remember one map I've played where I encountered lake tiles. Is there a particular setup I can use that is likely to generate them? I'd like to knock this achievement out.

Well, the 'lakes' map might be a good start ;)

Aztec have a start bias to have a lake or three within their starting area. So it should be doable on nearly every map. If you really really really wanna make sure play this map type:

Spoiler :
Lakes

Surprised?^^
Set the bodies of water type to "small lakes" too.

Well, the 'lakes' map might be a good start ;)

I know of an island map, the archipeligo map, but I don't recall a lakes map being one of the choices. I'll have to look again when I get home from work. I have like pangea, continents, archipeligo, and random from what I remember.

I know of an island map, the archipeligo map, but I don't recall a lakes map being one of the choices. I'll have to look again when I get home from work. I have like pangea, continents, archipeligo, and random from what I remember.

You have to click 'advanced start'.

I'm a civ IV player, and when I set up my first game and thought there were only 4 mapscripts (Pangaea, Continents, Archipelago and Fractal) I was really mad and felt inclined to stop the game - without even playing it - until I realised there was an advanced start button :p

You have to click 'advanced start'.

I'm a civ IV player, and when I set up my first game and thought there were only 4 mapscripts (Pangaea, Continents, Archipelago and Fractal) I was really mad and felt inclined to stop the game - without even playing it - until I realised there was an advanced start button :p

Gah. Never knew that. I presumed that advanced start meant that it maybe gave you three cities with a few prebuilt buildings or something. Thanks. Now I've got to go look up what I've been missing.

Aztec have a start bias to have a lake or three within their starting area. So it should be doable on nearly every map.

Main exception is the Earth map which ignores start biases.

You do need more than one lake fresh tile for the achievement though (I think you need three) so while you are likely to start next to a fresh water lake, it might not be big enough on a given roll.

Also, best to avoid the duel size maps for the scripts as well; as the fresh water region may just be a single tile.

Gah. Never knew that. I presumed that advanced start meant that it maybe gave you three cities with a few prebuilt buildings or something. Thanks. Now I've got to go look up what I've been missing.

Lots of maps if you have the Discovery DLC. (Which is also available as a combo with Denmark); otherwise not so much.

Much Ado About Nothing. I had a single lake tile near me on a Lakes map. I went quick setting, bought the tile, rushed the building, done. Easy. Thanks.

Top Bottom