What Music are You Listening To? - 67, the Summer of Love

Don’t worty if you missed psychology class today. I’ll give you Das Ich;

More egg on the faces of people who say they can't find new music: Here in the 23rd year of the 21st Century, I only just heard for the first time last night what might be my favorite Depeche Mode song. "Fly on the Windscreen", which was the B-side for "It's Called a Heart" (1985), and then was included on the compilation Catching Up With Depeche Mode (November, 1985), which was itself kind of a 2nd-string release, picking up some things that were left on the cutting room floor after they finished The Singles 81-85 (October, 1985).

This is the 2nd Depeche Mode song I've discovered in recent years that I like more than the songs that got onto the radio, back in the day: "Christmas Island" was originally the B-side for "A Question of Lust", and was added as a bonus track to the 2007 Collector's Edition re-release of Black Celebration (1986).

I've been away from these parts of the Internet for a while so I'm probably a bit late to saying this, but I still love that this particular artist made a cover to this particular song.

"Festival of Dionysus", Christopher Tin.

Top Bottom