What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
Seven times, we've been down this road,
With seven thousand posts we've burdened the server load;
The eighth gate lies before
With untold stories and games galore;
Our hours spent are but dust
While tomorrow's games are a must;
Hours counted and empires built,
Are slowly covered with Time's river silt,
But in my stupor I dream my dreams
Of a perfect game, a game supreme!

What Video Games have you been playing I: My Muffintop Expands!
What Video Games have you been playing II: Have you finished that backlog?
What Video Games have you been playing III: You're gonna need a bigger boat.
What video games have you been playing? 4
What video games have you been playing V: the return of the subtitle
What Video Games Have You Been Playing VI: Because There Are No Elections In Video Games
What Video Games Have You Been Playing VII: The Real Ending is Locked Behind a Paywall

Last edited:
And to begin: Have any of you played NieR:Automata?

Not yet, I've installed it on my computer, and the shortcut on the desktop is waving at me from time to time, but for now I'm not in the mood for such game. At the moment, I'm alternating between Kingdom Come Deliverance on the PC and Xenoverse on the PS4.

It is on sale on steam at 50% off until May 6 and it is tempting me.

One of my friends has tried it, though I have not watched anyone play it myself. His review was that it is fun, but he's finding whatever the save mechanic is to be a challenge. Not sure if that's a positive or a negative.

I've been playing Civilization 5. My backlog is almost entirely gone, only got a few left: Tropico 5, Prison Architect, Project Highrise, Offworld Trading Company, Cities: Skylines, Stellaris, and Victoria 2.

Pretty much all of them are "ya gotta learn a bunch of stuff" games so I've been kinda holding off.

Oh but you simply must play OTC, Stellaris and Cities: Skylines. A learning curve, yes, but the results are worth it.

Victoria 2 is said to be very complicated, but you should really play Stellaris, especially with the DLC going cheaply right now!

I was robbed of my thread! And of my postcount! It got us a new Birdjaguar poem, but seriously, you cheated me out of the thread I was cheating to win!
Pretty much all of them are "ya gotta learn a bunch of stuff" games so I've been kinda holding off.
This is why this kitty is postponing the (re)installation of a few games until the midterms are safely done with.

Even in the days of Steam's "75% or get out" sales, a sale is still a sale. :)

I played my first game of Frostpunk last night and failed miserably. I think this may be the city-builder game I've been looking for. I think every city-builder I've ever played has been both aimless and super-easy, and I've lost interest quickly. Banished did the city/survival mashup years ago, but it immediately lost its nerve and handed everything to you on a silver platter, god forbid any of your struggling colonists actually get sick or hungry. And if running a real city was as easy as Cities: Skylines is, we'd all be living in a sci-fi utopia with transporters and food replicators. Of course it's only one game of Frostpunk, so it's still possible that once I learn the rules I'll be able to build my dream colony with my eyes closed, but at least in this first game, lots of people died, everybody got depressed, the opposition party grew too large, and I was run out of town.

I made the mistake of trying to take down a rhino with a bow in Far Cry 4. I needed the skins to craft an upgrade and if you kill it with a bow you get double the skins. This turned out to be a monumentally stupid task because it takes a metric buttload of arrows to take down a rhino and while you try to take it down it kills you. Over and over again. It turned out the proper way to take down a rhino is with a machine gun and just kill twice as many as you would with an arrow. :lol:

Also I realized something. Far Cry 5 is missing a ton of features that are in Far Cry 4 and a ton of animals. The game is set in Montana but there are no coyotes, foxes, possums, raccoons, hawks, armadillos and a ton of other North American wildlife they could pull from (even if they don't live specifically in Montana, these games aren't too picky). Then I realized they have planned like 4 or 5 DLC for this game (Far Cry 3 and 4 each got 1) so I guess they held off on all the missing features and animals so they can add them through DLC. SAD

Hey! PIKMIN on Nintendo's 2DS. :D

Haven't played a lot of it but what little time I have, loved it!

Hmmm. it seems that i can add Driver 3/Driv3r to the list of games that my laptop apparently can't handle, it's only like a 13-14-year old game....

Also I realized something. Far Cry 5 is missing a ton of features that are in Far Cry 4 and a ton of animals. The game is set in Montana but there are no coyotes, foxes, possums, raccoons, hawks, armadillos and a ton of other North American wildlife they could pull from (even if they don't live specifically in Montana, these games aren't too picky). Then I realized they have planned like 4 or 5 DLC for this game (Far Cry 3 and 4 each got 1) so I guess they held off on all the missing features and animals so they can add them through DLC. SAD
They'll charge you for a handful of possum animations then?

And to begin: Have any of you played NieR:Automata?
yes

i went through the game rather quickly once, and am in the process of a much more comprehensive playthrough

i typically do this to learn the mechanics and experience the story before diving into everything the game has to offer

i think it's quite brilliant, and frankly the soundtrack alone makes it worth playing

Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom