What will be our name in DG3?

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
We've covered everything, except what we plan on calling ourselves. It was the old world Phoenatica in DG1, the German Fanatika in DG2, but what variation of 'Fanatica' will we use in DG3?

Come on, we need some suggestions here!

we should wait till we get our civ chosen... so we know which "flavor" we resemble... but i still believe just deriving names from civfanatics is a bit lame.

I favor something in Quenya, but then again, I AM a bit biased... ;)

Something having to do with the civ we're playing. If it's random, we might have to wait until we know what civ we are.

Most likely we would have to name our Civ something Babylonian related. Ive just checked the polls and noticed that the babs are winning.

And the funny part of the choice of Babylon would be that Iraq is the latter-day version...

Originally posted by Noldodan
And the funny part of the choice of Babylon would be that Iraq is the latter-day version...

That is true, And seriously I dont want to here any referances to the Iraqi Dictatorship and Saddam "Insane" (Thoes two defenatly belong in the OT forums ;) ). The name of our civ would have to reflect the cultural achivements of the Babylonian Civilization :)

I could look through a recent paper on ancient artifacts in Iraq. It has some acient names.

Akkadians, maybe? :)

BTW, everyone seems to get so poetic when mentioning "The Shores of Babylon". (on a few occasions on CNN)

Originally posted by Noldodan
Not really. The only thing they actually have in common is RL geographical location. Different peoples, different cultures. Iraq is a primarily Arab nation, and ancient Babylon was nothing of the kind to my knowledge :)

OT tangent over :mischief:

Does somebody have an idea of babylonian mythology? Maybe we can get a name out of that... also maybe someone can post a historical extract about the babs (maybe in the metaindex of DG3?)

Tigritians? Euphratans?

We should also try to get a hang on the babylonian language ;-)

"Cuneiforumites"?

or...

"Cuneiforans"?

(Cuneiform being the the written script used by the ancient Babylonians, for anyone wondering what the hell I'm on about ;))

Actually, I agree with CT on here choice of name. We should be the Akkadians.

The only problem I have with that is that Akkadia is not a variation of Fanatica. How about Fanakkadia? :D

Top Bottom