Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Vikings/Norse

Votes: 62 53.0%
  • Zulu

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • Other (Please post)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
This Civ made the choice of selecting nations that have had prominent political, cultural, and/or economic influence on the world, especially considering most of the choices we have were at some point in history, empires.

The fact that Seoul was a city-state from the beginning dashed my hope of Korea being in the game, and yet, there were anomalies.

Consider the fact Spain is mentioned in the introductions to Arabia and Rome, or the fact Korea is mentioned among Mongolia's conquests. Low and behold, Spain became available. Korea may not have been an empire, it may have been split in two by a clash of ideology and diplomacy, but as a modern state, the Republic of Korea gained worldwide recognition for its economic miracle, and now as a major exporter of culture.

There are some worthy highlights in Korean history that are otherwise overshadowed by its more prominent neighbors of China and Japan, but the perseverance of the Korean cultural identity can be quite remarkable considering. All the reason I'd be just as happy if Korea's inclusion would break the mold of CiV's choice of preferring civs that are/were empires.

In that case, Korea shouldn't be in. But, your theory looks hopeful for the inclusion of Portugal and Carthage.

It's actually the reason I still have strong doubts about Korea. I think it was a translation error or a miscommunication to suggest they are being added. I think they had some idea in advance who they would add and city-states are designed around this.

You guys know that Korea was both in Civ3 and Civ4 right? -- Korea's inclusion would be very much expected and typical of the series, not the other way around.

Back in the day I thought a Jefferson Davis / Abe Lincoln combo plus scenario would have been a golden idea. Now not so much (3 leaders for america??). Still, a civil wars pack would be interesting enough.

You guys know that Korea was both in Civ3 and Civ4 right? -- Korea's inclusion would be very much expected and typical of the series, not the other way around.

they're saying that, because korea is pretty much represented by the city-state of seoul, it's not very likely that they'll be added into the game. the same argument can be made for the vikings being represented by oslo. it's a reasonable argument, though i'm not sure if i agree with it.

It's actually the reason I still have strong doubts about Korea. I think it was a translation error or a miscommunication to suggest they are being added. I think they had some idea in advance who they would add and city-states are designed around this.

Makes sense. Someone on 2K Forums mentioned religion would come in the next patch, but that doesn't seem likely. Still, nearly half of the voters think it will be in.

I can imagine the Cherokee breaking into this series at some point due to their significance as another Native American tribe.

I also think it'd be somewhat ingenius and different if they included the Inuit.

Oh and it might just be me but I have a suspicion civilizations such as the Dutch, Carthaginians, Celts, Vikings, Zulu, etc. will all be included in an expansion, if that ever happens.

Goths etc. can all be wrapped up in a Barbarian DLC. I have always wanted to be the little guys in black who cause all the trouble. They cannot win - just stop anybody else from winning. A victory condition in itself. Thier advantage is they have no worries on a cultural victory...(yes I know, the Dark Ages were extremely cultured and are still highly visible architecturally in Europe, this is a game - not a history lesson). BARBARIANS as a culture - we all love the bad guy.:)

Goths, Huns, maybe even Celts, but those weren't as much of barbarians and have been included. Maybe the Sea Peoples or Dorians?

Hittites aren't new, they were in Civ3: Conquests.

I'm voting Hittie, Norse and Dutch, but would prefer an Expansion rather than a DLC.
On an side note, why is it Prussia/Poland? Prussia is already in the game, since Bismarck was Prime Minister of Prussia before he unified Germany. Poland on the other hand would be quite nice.

to add to the list i made earlier in the thread, carthage, ethiopia and the netherlands are all pretty likely, even if belgium was part of the netherlands at one point in time.
also, i still say that zulu and dutch would make a decent double pack.

to add to the list i made earlier in the thread, carthage, ethiopia and the netherlands are all pretty likely, even if belgium was part of the netherlands at one point in time.
also, i still say that zulu and dutch would make a decent double pack.

Carthage, Moors, Zulu, and Ethiopia, possibly Nubia, could be in an Africa expansion pack. I could see tons of scenarios.

So the winner is Vikings, by any other name (Danish / Scandinavians / Norse / whatever you want to call them, this is who they are going to represent, I'm afraid), and just over half of us plumbed for them.

I had thought that a twin release of the Vikings and someone else might be difficult to fit in a joint scenario, and it looks like Fireaxis thought the same. Didn't guess a single release though, and certainly not the map pack as the "brother" to the Danes though it does actually sound quite interesting if I couuld find more details on it.

What next then? I'd reckon Dutch and Zulus sound like a possible pair. And I'd guess they'll show up in late August or September.

Regarding the supposed 'Korea DLC Press Release' I asked a Korean friend to translate it, I don't think she got that I meant translate 'word-for-word' so to speak, but here is what she said:

what is this? ur trying to play korean game? what it says is basically its a game based on korean culture. in this game, there are traditional korean houses and traditional korean leaders etc.

Top Bottom