Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Vikings/Norse

Votes: 62 53.0%
  • Zulu

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • Other (Please post)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Well, if I could pick just ONE it would be ZULUS!

I miss my Shaka! :)

And then *cough* Dutch *cough*

Let's see:
Middle East
East Asia
Europe
North America
East Asia
Europe

A good candidate for the next one would be Middle East/Africa (combined in culture groups since Civ3) or North America. I'm still thinking Carthage, but Ethiopia, Moors (Almoravids), or maybe the Zulu could be candidates.

Let's see:
Middle East
East Asia
Europe
North America
East Asia
Europe

A good candidate for the next one would be Middle East/Africa (combined in culture groups since Civ3) or North America. I'm still thinking Carthage, but Ethiopia, Moors (Almoravids), or maybe the Zulu could be candidates.
I'm going for the Zulu as my guess for te next Civ.
There hasn't been an African-DLC yet and as we had two naval civs now it'll probably be a landbased civ.
So I say Shaka and his impi's :king:

Well, Africa and Middle East are together, but there hasn't been either since Babylon.

All the candidates:
Carthage
Ethiopia
Zulu
Moors
Nubia

Well, Africa and Middle East are together, but there hasn't been either since Babylon.

All the candidates:
Carthage
Ethiopia
Zulu
Moors
Nubia

Vote for Ethiopia, one of the oldest sites of human existence must be in Civilization. Maybe they can start earlier then other civilizations or with some starting bonus (more rounds) ;)

Someone had a great idea for Ethiopia. Sort of make them the horizontal France. They get culture based on population. Make it a certain threshold (like one culture per four people or something) so they won't normally be better, but will do well in mid to late games.

ETA: I'll look up the logic. Possibly something to do with religion.

ETA2: No logic. I like the idea, although I'm hesitant to add anything unless I can justify it with something directly related to the Civ (and can name it too).

I think that because the next DLC will likely be African or Middle Eastern, that we'll get Carthage and/or the Ethiopians next. Both of them deserve to be in the game.

And of course we need the Zulu: They're a civ classic and can't be ignored (Shaka will be angry).

All the candidates:
Carthage
Ethiopia
Zulu
Moors
Nubia

Probably not Carthage, I'd say its another naval civ.
Moors and Nubians haven't ever been in, so unlikely.
Ethiopians are possible, but Zulu has a nice geographical spot not inhabited by another civ, which I think they're going for considering Incans/South America, Polynesia/Oceania, and Vikings/Scandanavia.

You can pretty much bet that a lot of the old veteran civs will be coming back in either DLCs or XPs.

That means at the very least Carthage, Korea, Celts, Zulus, Dutch, Portuguese, Mayans.

Some of the other lesser veterans like the Byzantines, Sumerians, and Ethiopians are also possible.

Other than these, I could foresee some new faces. :D

See here for a reference chart of all civs and leaders through each version of the game.

I'm going to narrow the definite list a touch to Carthage, Dutch, and Mayans. But I do think Celts are quite likely as well and I've warmed up to Korea being likely.

Portugal and Zulu I see as being potential additions, but I don't see extraordinary motivation. It feels Songhai were made warlike specifically to be similar to the Zulu. Portugal is nice, but I literally can't think of a way to make them play uniquely (especially with Spain getting an exploration bonus).

Based on precedent, Carthage, Korea and the Celts have been added at the same time as a group since Civ3. The same with the Dutch and the Portuguese. Firaxis tends to clump them together for some reason--which is not to say they won't change their minds, though I don't see them intentionally neglecting any particular civ that has been popular with fans in the past.

The only civ that doesn't get any love are the Hittites, who were added in C3C and haven't been seen since.

Hey, we were right!
57% Vikings (Denmark)

I dunno I just have a feeling that either the Sioux or Cherokee are going to break into this series.

Sioux were in Civ2. I'd love to see them back though. I'd rather have two individual tribes than just "Native Americans."

I'd love Mississippians or Pueblos. Basically, one of the more sedentary ones that relied on agriculture and permanent local structures. The Cherokee would also be on that list.

Top Bottom