What's Your Army?

Well, it wouldn`t be appropriate, for a picture of a Chaos Warrior :mischief:

Mrtn, do you have any more pictures? I can`t seem to find any, even over at Warseer..

There's a grainy pic of the new marauder horsemen about as well, you can find it at Warseer, check the rumour round up, or the chaos thread I didn't start. Well, it's in the thread I started as well, but that is 112 pages or something, so it may be a tad difficult to find. :crazyeye:

I don't like the swordy/speary regiments having every single different style of shields. It makes them look unorganized, which is far from the truth.

I don't like the swordy/speary regiments having every single different style of shields. It makes them look unorganized, which is far from the truth.

You're mixing tactics with equipment. Remember that WFB is based on the middle ages/renaissance. There were alomost no "national" armies then. You had: local levies/militia (used whatever they could aford/steal), lord's standing castle guards (whatever the local lord could aford), the king's guard (whatever the king could aford) or mercenary regiments (whatever the regiment could aford/steal/conquer). So, a field army could be made up of dozens of diferent-looking units. It's one of the reasons why flags and tabards were so vital: identification by uniform was impossible.

If you want all dressed the same, then you have to go back to Rome or forward to the 17/18th centuries...

I think he is talking specificaly about his precious high elves, who pride themselves on their organisation (and pretty much everthing else, posh bastards), etc.

But look at it this way, DragonBird, in M2TW, as it would in in real life and in Warhammer world, when a regiment loses its numbers and needs to be reorganised and completed on the field, it borrows soldiers from other regiments.

So for egzample its all very nice and organized when they land near Marienburg, but by the time they come to help lift the siege of Altdorf, they have been trough a few scraps, and have mixed regiments, damaged armour and god-forbid, broken nails.

I think he is talking specificaly about his precious high elves, who pride themselves on their organisation (and pretty much everthing else, posh bastards), etc.

yeah well... elfs

"ahA! My regiment is prettier than yours!"
"Is not!"
"Is too! We even match our shield colors with our pants!"
"Pfft... that color is so last campaign..."

See. It's all the rage. Look like your allies so they don't go all stabby knifey on you! :p

Yes... I can see that Stormy. But what if you just enlisted that group? Hmmm? ;)

Top Bottom