Wheel of Time Unit: Asha'man (Oct. 4, 2004)

Judging by the cover art of the series, I'd say the rough RL historical equivalent would be 16th-17th century Europe, perhaps even a bit later -- but in the books gunpowder is only just beginning to be used for anything other than fireworks. There seem to be cage-style lobster helmets (Cromwellilan feel), rapier-type swords and a fair bit of poofy sleeves and lace. Then again, the Aiel are half-naked savages with spears who can kick everybody else's ass, so that doesn't really fit in to RL history. Plus, I get the impression that some civs from the "borderlands" use good old-fashioned broadswords. I don't get the impression that there's much full plate, but rather a lot of "post-plate," sort of what you'd expect once firearms got used more often. I think it's a bit of a mish mash, personally.

I'm sure someone in the WoT thread could give a better answer than what I've given.

The Reason it seemeds mashed is because the lack of stable states to impliment standardized weapons, Armor, Tactics, and Command Structure With the Exception of The Tower Gaurd And The Sheanchan, and possibly the queen's gaurd in andor. Never saw any Rapiers and it seems unlikely that there would be any since the raiper was a responce to heavy plate armor, which there is a lack of in The wheel of time do to the lack of funds. Sabre style swords seem to be the most popular, and the Broad/Longsword in second being used by The Tower Gaurd, Children of The Light, Borderlands, And Warders using them. The Slightly curved Longn sword are common in the borderlands, and The Cutlass and Simitar are Popular with The Sheanchan. Also the the reason for pikes being popular is easy, when you have a peasent levy what else do you do with them, They have no skill with swords or bows or axes, so you teach them drill and disipline and show them how to hold a pike.

Ashaman are kind of male magic users who have been trained to use magic for fighting and battle almost exclusively. In some role playing games (Rolemaster) you have Warrior Mages which is kinda the same thing.

At the same time, in the WoT series, the male side of the magic is tainted with evil so that eventually every Ashaman goes mad. That's why male magic users are universally feared and hunted down by female magic users.

BTW: Great unit, CamJH! Hope to see many more!

The books make it Clear that The Power is not Magic, But is instead a Manifestation of The Creators Power.

dude ... you do realize the guy you're replying to posted almost 3 years ago?

dude ... you do realize the guy you're replying to posted almost 3 years ago?

No Actually I Didnt I should Have looked at the date, Damn If This Mod is not Done by Know It will probably never be done.:cry: :mad: :(

*sigh*

OK, here we go again..

Hi Srinath49, welcome to CFC. Please try not to bump old threads if your post doesn`t contain some valid information regarding the topic. Everyone knows this unit is great, its been said so over 4 years ago.. ;)

You can see the time of the last post above the name of the last person to have posted in the thread. And now I notice someone bumped this very thread a year ago..

Read the thread, not just the first post..

So...in the very beginning of having to add all 2134 units I had downloaded back (or at least those which saw use in scenarios), and the link for this one goes nowhere. If anyone could re-upload it to the downloads database, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I know about the whole not bumbing threads thing, but I thought since this still seems to be one of the units that is missing, and I found that I had it. So hopefully this upload works.:confused:

Attachments

• Asha'man.rar
    577.4 KB · Views: 98
So two years later and with the unit built into a scenario...does anyone have access to the fixed Lightning attack animation (Attack B)? It isn't necessary, but it is my preferred attack animation for the unit it represents.

Top Bottom