When barbarians break your deals

Camarada78

Chieftain
Do I get diplomatic hit when a barbarian destroys a resource i'm selling to another civ?

Recently, playing an Emperor game, I was rushing for cash during the ancient era and sold my only resource of Spices to the Greeks for $250.

Just two turns later, a barbarian destroyed the improvement and I got an update saying that the deal was broke, but it seems i did not get a diplo hit. So i sold the same Spices again to another civilization.

Is this normal?

tnx have a good day people.

Moderator Action: Moved to appropriate forum.

Yep, it can be really rough when the barbs come to pillage your sold luxuries... :D

As Guinsoo reflects- it can be a bonus top not kill a barbarian so that they can pillage your sold luxury items. Kill the barb, repair the damage and resell.

Yep, it can be really rough when the barbs come to pillage your sold luxuries... :D

Ha ha yes . Ole the profit for your and the loss for the Ai . I see it as just a way that I even the score with the Ai bonuses . Fix her up and sell her away again .

it should be fixed. you should get a severe diplo hit ( i want meh money, with army so weak no wonder barbs have more culture than you)

exploiting it to resell is super cheaty

Is there a diplo hit if you sell luxes and DoW in the same turn? Just asking as I never saw that but sometimes I see people on the forum stating that.

Pillage and resell is great, 240g in 10 turns instead of 31

I never INTENTIONALLY let the Barbs pillage the luxury; I think I might be a little OCD and don't want to see the pillaged tile. But it will occasionally happen when you get one of those starts with no one nearby and the Barbs just swarm you. When it does happen I inevitably forget it happened and end up selling it like 10 turns later with my other luxuries. I'll sell it and then be like "Wait, I thought I sold this already" :crazyeye:

Personally I would like to see the deal automatically resume when the luxury is repaired without the gold being repaid.

Personally I would like to see the deal automatically resume when the luxury is repaired without the gold being repaid.
This will work. Not once I'm in situation when I have a choice between letting an enemy unit/barb pillage the tile and killing it. I'll go with the latter every time. Moreover, I find it exceptionally satisfying, watching those who intentionally try to cause the deal to be broken fail. They sell the resources, AI doesn't pillage it and they're stuck in unhappiness. That's what I call poetic justice. :devil: Muahahahahaha...

what is diplo hit?

btw, if your relation is normal with other civs, they will buy your resource for 330 gold.

I sell them to the guy about to DOW me.

Hey buddy, how about some cheap gold...

I sell them to the guy about to DOW me.

Hey buddy, how about some cheap gold...

Yeah, I don't seek out AIs to do that, but if it happens, not my problem. They pulled the trigger and broke the deal, not me :)

On epic you can sell for 360 gold if they are friendly ;) If they are not you can only sell for 313 or less.

Yes, the general rule with epic speed is that everything is 50% greater than standard. Maximum gold deals, DoF length, production time, research time, last turn for time victory is 750 (actually, that last one's an assumption). There are exceptions though, like EXP from combat and EXP needed for promotions, which do not change with game speed.

I believe Marathon is 150% greater than standard and quick is 33% shorter.

Thanks for the tips!

This "cheating" should not be fixed (auto-resume deal) but a pop up should appear saying

"Our RESOURCE NAME has been destroyed, breaking a deal we have with ANOTHER CIV, do you want to resume it or cancel de deal?"

Then we get diplomatic hit and probably a denouciation.

In fact that reminds me of a good Wonder missing = WTO (World Trade Organization)...

Top Bottom