When do you ragequit?

I just did it a little while ago for the first time. I had two cities and had Attila and Hiawatha on the same continent. Friends with Hiawatha.

I had 4 military units total, when Attila handed me a DoW. No big deal. Three turns later, the Iroquois show up with about 10 units and DoW. There was no point in continuing.

I have fought two or more civs at the same time plenty of times but there was only way this one was going to go.

I could have stuck it out for four our five more turns until the inevitable but, why?

I guess the "rage quit" part comes in because I was playing as Morocco and had Desert Folklore and Petra but hadn't done any saves and my auto-saves didn't go back far enough to change the future (I tried)

I usually never save scum because that's just tiring. If I'm doomed to failure, so be it. I don't like the prospect of reloading because...well...it's not like actual nations throughout history have had that option.

My principle is to play a game through to the bitter end, and I'm pretty good about adhering to this except in one circumstance, and that is I just finished a game that went to, say, turn 150 or beyond.

In that case, I have a hair trigger. No start pleases me. I get upset over the smallest things. I once found El Dorodo on turn 2, and quit on turn 6 because I didn't like where Germany put his second city. (Deity, of course, but El Dorodo was going to let me have the same two-city start as the other civs)!

I'm not upset at the starts, per se. I'm just frustrated by not already having knights and roads and all the things from the previous game.

I have to calm myself down, say before the next roll, "Ok, this one you play out regardless." And then I'm back to my principle of not quitting til I conquer or am conquered.

I actually don't rage quit. I rather "boredom quit". If I fail to get involved in the story in the game or if I am dominating completely, I rarely play on.
I kind of wish there was a button you could press that was just, like, "It is more or less mathematically impossible for me to not win; the time for meaningful decisions is over. Just call me the winner." (The button knows you are telling the truth using magic.)

I kind of wish there was a button you could press that was just, like, "It is more or less mathematically impossible for me to not win; the time for meaningful decisions is over. Just call me the winner." (The button knows you are telling the truth using magic.)

What if somebody drops a nuke on your capital?

I rage quit if I move my warrior and don't spot FoY on turn 1.

ETA: I also rage quit if I find out there's another civ on my continent. F that noise. Who wants to deal with another civ on the same land mass?

Also, I only play Pangaea.

Starting as Carthage in a lovely coastal spot, expanding second city to another lovely coastal spot, then finding out that you can't sea trade with anyone from either city because the whole shoreline you're on is blocked by ice up north on BOTH ENDS.

When I find myself in a situation where there is no good spot to put a second city

When I find myself in an unwinnable situation (such as having three civs ganging up on me and being unable to expand my empire either through new cities or conquest)

When I am the clear victor and there is no other civilization that is in any way a threat to my world domination

A lot of barbs pillage my land or steal my workers and it makes me wonder how you guys even let that happen ....

I never rage quit. I feel like I owe the computer a fair game, and I play it out til the bitter end.

I also play Dwarf Fortress so I believe losing is fun!

Founding your capital as Venice, then realizing the area you're given is just absolutely horrible.

Any bad start I think I allow myself to restart. I wouldn't call it ragequit, but when you plan a non generic Civ, or a Civ like Venice, Inca, Polynesia, Iroquois that is terrain dependent and the mapscript screwed up, you SHOULD restart or you're essentially playing a harder game.

Sometimes though they can yield unexpected games. I was playing well below my difficulty level on Venice just for fun. Found my capital was next to a lake, so I kept playing.

Never did manage to get enough sea trade routes so I didn't see the full potential of Venetian power, but I was still rolling in cash by the end and won diplo as I wanted to.

There's a post of the game I played in the bugs report section where I was reporting a DoF issue.

When getting beat to a wonder 3 times in ancient & classical eras

Try playing at a higher level, then you wouldn't have to worry about attempting to build wonders in those eras (there are much better things to spend production on, anyways).

first and only rage quit was playing a game against brazil as shaka and having my happiness fall below -20 in 1 turn. I learned my lesson about culture that day.

i smacked the rage quit button last night playing as portugal. founded Lisbon, was looking for a suitable 2nd spot while building Great Library, found no good spots and got beat to the GL 2 turns before completion.

Try playing at a higher level, then you wouldn't have to worry about attempting to build wonders in those eras (there are much better things to spend production on, anyways).

Well I should say getting beat to it even when you chop and try to build mines and still lose it ):. I play on king btw

Also, when playing against Venice when they're getting 300 gold a turn, 100 production in capital, and spitting out all the wonders like it's nothing. That's usually by mid/end game though so I don't quit but it makes me pretty mad

a start like this

What you got one of them settlers without legs? Just find a better spot. Even one tile east to get hill, and fresh water mountain start. Wonder where the luxes are? Sparse toggled on, this looks awful for sure.

I only did once, when due to my stupidity I forgot to unassign a GS and missed a crucial double pop timed to grab Hubble. But then reloaded and played on without my GE. Things I put up with for GotM ;)

Top Bottom