• Autumn 24

• By the end of the year 24

• Spring 25

• Autumn 25

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for the detailled answer !
On a very practical level, I bought my current computer with the goal of playing Civ6. I am waiting to see if I need to get a new computer to play Civ7.
Ah ah, same here except this was for Civ5. (in 2010 August) The nice thing, although at time I thought it as a poison gift (I thought there was not any graphical gap between Civ5 and Civ6, and was disappointed), is that i didn't need to change a bit to play Civ6 comfortably. The two run comparatively equal on my machine, except for extra loading wait for 6 and extra AI turn moves for some Civ5 maps. (in the same time, I don't think I played very far with 6 huge maps) There was just a moment where i add the new Avira free antivirus, it made my games lag so hard. Now that I've changed it's better.

Anyway, all this to say that now I'm ready to invest in a new computer, I will do it as soon as Civ7/Titan Quest II are released. Eventhough I now find cool that my computer lived nearly 14 years (with the exception of its DVD burner/reader -never used the burner part, but reader came in handy), it can't handle a random number of games quite well, or not at all. That's why I bought a PS5 and a 4K TV to play more eye candy. That was an investment for me, that's why if Civ7/Titan Quest II are released on PS5, I could probably make some money saving. The only thing that hurts me is that with PS5, I should subcribe to an online fee if I want to do multiplayer, on both games (the only games I ever played online on Steam were Civ5 and Titan Quest I), but I can't afford it. I think this would be a better calculation to buy a new PC around 1000€ and keep my 1080p screen rather than pay what, 72€+ per year ??? 72€+ X 14 years >= 1008€ :eek:. That said, I definitely couldn't afford another upgrade before another 14 years most probably, so maybe it would worth the cost ? Minus the PS6/7 "fee" obviously !!! (not talking about the Switch 2 "fee" while I'm at it :crazyeye:) Well I guess it depends on if I want to play at top-notch graphic games all the time or not. I guess I don't care. (completed Ratchet & Clank on PS5 and it was a meh. However I loved Uncharted 4 graphics and ambiance, can't go back after that, alas there's not better up to this day. Hmmm well yeah I think I can go back, currently playing Read Ded Redemption PS4 and while at first I found the atmosphere cold due to to PS3 graphics, I learned slowly to appreciate the game) Well I don't know all right ! :p

I can't fathom playing games in 1080p. 4K OLED is such a big QOL improvement.

I can't fathom playing games in 1080p. 4K OLED is such a big QOL improvement.
When I'm what 50 cm from my screen, 1080p doesn't disturb me, as long as my screen has a 'normal' size. However with much bigger sizes like TVs, 1080p would indeed be too low. As to OLED I avoid it like the pest because I'm not confident on its sustainability, and as you understood, it's important to me. (my father has an OLED TV, I don't know if it lacks settings but it's pretty not obvious that it's superior, it's even uglier for TV from internet)

One of the gaming events around this time of the year which would be suitable for an announcement is the PAX East (this coming weekend), but neither Firaxis, 2K or Take2 are on the list there... so... that'll not be it.

The other thing is AAA games take so much longer to develop now days than days of old. You simply cannot use past numbers to figure it out. Now a Civ game is different than a game like BG3 or Cyberpunk that have many animations, but it's still going to take time. And for all we know, Civ7 could have much more animations or even cut scenes. Though I hope not, but who knows.

What indicates to you that they are having technical difficulties? They haven’t said anything about anything.
Surely he is referring to 'groundbreaking' ideas popping 'lately' (or not so) on the I&S subforum, and there's a war into Firaxis studios to whether adopt my very suggestions or go with someone's else. Also they didn't hire enough artists to make the leaderheads, because 'supposedly there are none', and they are as a whole very undertermined about doing it. Even Sid Meier is hesitating. Well, that's my 2 cents obviously. :rotfl::hammer2:

Surely he is referring to 'groundbreaking' ideas popping 'lately' (or not so) on the I&S subforum, and there's a war into Firaxis studios to whether adopt my very suggestions or go with someone's else. Also they didn't hire enough artists to make the leaderheads, because 'supposedly there are none', and they are as a whole very undertermined about doing it. Even Sid Meier is hesitating. Well, that's my 2 cents obviously. :rotfl::hammer2:
'Groundbreaking' ideas, exactly... I feel like Sid Meier's has covered most of his bases in the series thoroughly that it has made them difficult for them to get something new. If they surprise me and make something new then I guess bring it I hope I'll be impressed.

Problem with 'groundbreaking' ideas in fact is that it could easily turn away a good fanbase from the series, if not done carefully. 🥶 I guess it all depends on Firaxis talent to impose new standards like they achieved to do in the past. I don't want to jinx it 🤬, but I have good confidence about their ability to do so. However, I have no doubt that a picture of a caveman in underpants would be enough for plenty of speculation and 'excitation'... :lol:

The longer we wait, the more I want something revolutionary instead of evolutionary. If Civ 7 ends up being a refreshed Civ 6, I'm going to utter a disheartened "We waited this long for this!?"
Which is a slight worry for me, because gaming industry when it comes to a lot of the even semi-mainstream (I know CIv isn't like... super big... but its' still a known franchise) are struggling with... good choices.

And there is a lot of pressure from higher-ups to pressure companies to favor monetization over quality.

The longer we wait, the more I want something revolutionary instead of evolutionary. If Civ 7 ends up being a refreshed Civ 6, I'm going to utter a disheartened "We waited this long for this!?"
There would be a good poll to make out of this I believe.

I, on other hand would really love Civ7 to be evolution of Civ6 ... same style - just more and better.

Some new ideas OK, but nothing big.

I dont wanna risk Civ7 with spider-man and batman running map, and than wait another decade for Civ8.

I, on other hand would really love Civ7 to be evolution of Civ6 ... same style - just more and better.

Some new ideas OK, but nothing big.

I dont wanna risk Civ7 with spider-man and batman running map, and than wait another decade for Civ8.
I like that they are experimenting with things, such as districts.
I am ok with them experimenting even further with things (modes), as long as they are modes that can be toggled on and off.
What I do not like is when they try to reinvent the wheel, like they did with the world congress.
The civ 5 world congress was great, and they could have improved upon it further while keeping the core system intact.
Instead they redesigned it from scratch, and created an utterly terrible system out of it with random resolutions, victory points, and very uninteresting resolutions overall (if you can even vote for them, because that stuff is random) and whatnot.
I do like diplomatic favour and envoys in city states though, that system would have meshed perfectly with the civ 5 world congress if it wasnt for Firaxis inventing a square wheel in the form of the new world congress.

Watching the EA investor meeting to find out when Dragon Age Dreadwolf is coming out. They didn't explicitly say it, but said "We have two unannounced titles in FY25: one partner title expected in Q4, and one owned IP title..."

So, I suppose Take-two could pull the same thing with Civ 7.

As a big fan of revolutionary changes, my guess is that this wouldn't be the thing to do. Strategy fanbases are somewhat conservative when it comes to changes like that (regardless of execution - it simply ends up polarising).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom