Where are the Makaras?

Veras

Prince
Has anyone noticed how the Makaras hasn't appeared in any of the streams lately? Even when they show up, it is so rare that it's almost like they're not there.

I've seen only one Makara on one of the early Writing Bull's videos, and they did not show up after that.

Any thoughts about that? Maybe the Makaras will be removed from the game like the Scarabs? Or maybe the devs are having trouble programming it?

Has anyone noticed how the Makaras hasn't appeared in any of the streams lately? Even when they show up, it is so rare that it's almost like they're not there.

I've seen only one Makara on one of the early Writing Bull's videos, and they did not show up after that.

Any thoughts about that? Maybe the Makaras will be removed from the game like the Scarabs? Or maybe the devs are having trouble programming it?
Scarabs are being removed? why? :confused: and Makaras aren't being removed from the game they just look like sea dragons in the water and a Makara was in the IGN livestream,

Like the Scarabs were removed from base Beyond Earth* :D

Haven't seen this one on IGN, which make me relieved about their presence in the game. But they still very rare, don't you think?

Makaras are late-game colossal unit, which would probably explain it, and given they are amphibious i can udnerstand why they wouldn't appear in most games.

They mentioned them so I think they are still in there.

Are there late-game aliens? Immersion-wise, that doesn't make much sense.
there are no late game Aliens,

Even if that was the case, the Makara appears on the very first turn in this stream:
I think Colossal Aliens spawn less? it may just be sheer coincidence that you haven't seen any, Maybe they were on the other side of the map?

I think Colossal Aliens spawn less? it may just be sheer coincidence that you haven't seen any, Maybe they were on the other side of the map?

Probably that.

Makarabs, the Kraken and the Siege Worm.. defeniately not fun having 20 of them.

Colossals never seemed to spawn much, though, and they were the only Aliens worth caring about beyond Sea Dragons in the early game.

At very least spawn rates are probably easy to adjust with modding.

Think it depends some what on the map they are on. Each biome's aliens has a different theme which probably effects how often specific types spawns.

Think it depends some what on the map they are on. Each biome's aliens has a different theme which probably effects how often specific types spawns.
it does the Biome effects Aliens [lush biome has more aliens but they are weaker], plus I think primordial has extra geothermal too every time they play that biome I see tons of geothermal.

Colossals never seemed to spawn much, though, and they were the only Aliens worth caring about beyond Sea Dragons in the early game.

At very least spawn rates are probably easy to adjust with modding.

Perhaps, if it's not in RT, someone could mod spawn rates so that colossal units spawn rarely at first, then often as the game progresses, as the aliens are angered. Aliens seem to be tougher now (at least the worm).

Perhaps, if it's not in RT, someone could mod spawn rates so that colossal units spawn rarely at first, then often as the game progresses, as the aliens are angered. Aliens seem to be tougher now (at least the worm).

Or better, the aggression level increases their combat strength like in SMAC where the aliens get tougher and not just more numerous. Having increased spawn rate for higher aggression levels at nests would also be fine, especially since aliens in vanilla aren't so problematic going into late game.

That last livestream showed how to do a Might + Precision trait build which meant generating so much science from aliens. If you are going to increase the alien spawn rate, they have to be tougher or this build becomes ludicrously OP.

It didn't seem to be generating much Science, though, if I remember the number correctly.

I like that idea of tougher aliens. As they are now, it's not that they're too weak (though they are by late game); they're just too static, while players are always growing stronger and more numerous (in units).

Or better, the aggression level increases their combat strength like in SMAC where the aliens get tougher and not just more numerous. Having increased spawn rate for higher aggression levels at nests would also be fine, especially since aliens in vanilla aren't so problematic going into late game.

That last livestream showed how to do a Might + Precision trait build which meant generating so much science from aliens. If you are going to increase the alien spawn rate, they have to be tougher or this build becomes ludicrously OP.

the Might plus Precision/Honorable strategy isn't OP, it would work very well on lush since aliens spawn faster but are weaker Precision/Honorable are fixed yield per kill so the more kills the better, but the strategy isn't OP [I think] it requires an early military probably 3 marines maybe a ranger [for defense] and it doesn't work on all biomes either, on arid aliens spawn less and are stronger so scavenging is still useful but precision/honorable would be less useful, so Biome types have an effect on your overall strategy.

Farming Aliens with Might is not that strong anyway, because you spend 3+ virtues to increase your science "income", while not using them for what virtues are needed for - global health and empire development. That strategy basically pushes you forward in the tech tree, but doesn't increase your overall progress in any way, which means that very easily you end up with techs that just aren't of any good use for you and often stagnate, unless you have a very clear goal that you want to reach in the mid-game and a plan to circumvent the overall drawbacks.

Also, the Alien Types that are spawned and the amount of colossal land units that are maintained are tied to the alien aggression, so if you get them to red very early on you can put yourself into quite a lot of trouble.

Farming Aliens with Might is not that strong anyway, because you spend 3+ virtues to increase your science "income", while not using them for what virtues are needed for - global health and empire development. That strategy basically pushes you forward in the tech tree, but doesn't increase your overall progress in any way, which means that very easily you end up with techs that just aren't of any good use for you and often stagnate, unless you have a very clear goal that you want to reach in the mid-game and a plan to circumvent the overall drawbacks.
that is right now but with the Diplomatic traits I mentioned above it could be a potent early strategy for getting more culture or science, plus with the diplo traits that give health for having a standing Army or just give health it might not be necessary to get the big Health virtues that early, I'm just saying there are a lot of possibilities and we shouldn't rule them out until we play the game.
Also, the Alien Types that are spawned and the amount of colossal land units that are maintained are tied to the alien aggression, so if you get them to red very early on you can put yourself into quite a lot of trouble.
I foresee a lot of Colossal aliens on the Primordial biome. :ar15:

I can see a lot of colossal aliens on lush because of the might-science strategy angering the aliens.

Top Bottom