Where To? Science Poll 1

What Path Should We Research (Paths are detailed below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
blackheart said:
Capping a neighbor city with iron or trading for it are also possibilities... It could wind up that there is no iron near our starting loc or someone will already claim it by the time we get there.

Trading for strategic resources is expensive, and has no garentees, and obviously NOT the prefered way to go if possible.

The point is to get the tech so we can make informed decisions, even if that decision is "We've already got it so no need to worry any more" or "We've explored everywhere and we ain't gonna claim the nearest one anytime soon."

We can't ignore something based on the possiblity there's nothing we can do about it.

I'm not neccisarily saying Swords should be researched NEXT... but we shouldn't delay too long on researching it.

The best choice for Japanitica is too take the currency/construction route. The simple fact that we get our Pyramids and Great Wall, one of the wonders that will help up get a golden age. Considering we already can build, when we found a coastal city, the Colossus, we get the other half of our needed Golden age. A Golden age even in despotism is better than going for the other paths. The fact that we also get Pyramids means we can get fast expansion if we build it in time. So my choice was the currency path with Construstion and Iron working being research aslo.

EDIT. I forgot that Pyramids would also give a GA requirement

Iron Working then Republic. Republic is the only form of gov we should ever need.

Abstain, public poll.

-- Ravensfire

You have the most ridiculous position I have yet to see (hmm, thinking...thinking) Yes, most ridiculous. If you don't want your opinion heard because your name will be public, so be it. It doesn't affect anything anyway in these types of polls. Except, of course, that if you have an opinion, nobody will know 'cause you haven't stated it.

Masonry is cheap so we should get it after bronze working is finished (unless it is decided to change to something else before its done). I would like to go for republic but i don't want to research alphabet, it takes ages. If we somehow could trade for alphabet? Now i don't know what to choose. I definatelly want Great Library before Hanging Gardens becase of culture value and additional techs are cool.
Someone help me decide where to put my vote :).

invy, if we take the Monarchy path, we will be able to change governments quicker. This means we will be able to develop our civilization faster, as our production and growth will increase faster. In doing so, it will generate income at a quicker pace. Plus we will be able to spend gold to rush items that much quicker. Because of a much improved society, we will stand a much better chance of trading for Alphabet.

Cyc said:
invy, if we take the Monarchy path, we will be able to change governments quicker. This means we will be able to develop our civilization faster, as our production and growth will increase faster. In doing so, it will generate income at a quicker pace. Plus we will be able to spend gold to rush items that much quicker. Because of a much improved society, we will stand a much better chance of trading for Alphabet.
I was just playing my game on emperor and i went directly for monarchy. I played earth standard scenario and had USA position only for myself, so i had quite many and good cities for early game.
The point: Oracle was built in no time by AI, i lost race on pyramids and wasted 70 shields, i first got to polytheism for 20+ turns and traded for wheel and alphabet. The i go for 40turn monarchy at maximum science (so i lower to 10% because 100% didnt make difference,and i collected about 150gold until i could make faster research). Couldn't buy any tech for gold :/. I got first monarchy went revolution and building Hanging Gardens in 28 turns.
Now i don''t want to trade Monarchy because i want wonder and AI has Writing, Iron Working, Map making and who knows what else.
I can trade Monarchy for either Iron Working or Writing, not both. I can't even think of Great Library. I need 5 turns to Iron Working.
Tho this is at Emperor level Monarchy really takes time and is not so profitable.
Maybe researching more cheaper technologies to republic would improve trading and at least we can try Great Library (anyway we have libraries before).
I will vote for Republic then we can trade for monarchy and do quick anarchy.

i believe masonry should be the first tech we try to trade for if we dont research it...

Top Bottom