WHFB Leader Traits

Good thing IMO, at least for the woodelves (not sure about highelves, darkelves should certainly chop down the forests).

We should give 'em the cottage and don´t let 'em chop anything!

Duke van Frost said:
Good thing IMO, at least for the woodelves (not sure about highelves, darkelves should certainly chop down the forests).

We should give 'em the cottage and don´t let 'em chop anything!
Yes only for woodelves. Highelves should be able to do both working on forests and chop them down. Darkelves as other civs.
I want the ancient forests to be stolen too, btw.

But we should wait for that since this is still worked on in FFH.

We'll leave that to Lord Olleus. The big advantage in WHFB over FfH that I see is that religions in FfH and races sometimes are at a cross purpose. If we institute racial traits then the Elven Trait can disallow chopping via python (I think).

To explain further; in FfH you can have Fellowship (Elven), but not be elven. That creates some issues IMO. Here we can have Elven Traits for Elves and have the religions mean something else.

woodelf said:
We'll leave that to Lord Olleus. The big advantage in WHFB over FfH that I see is that religions in FfH and races sometimes are at a cross purpose. If we institute racial traits then the Elven Trait can disallow chopping via python (I think).

To explain further; in FfH you can have Fellowship (Elven), but not be elven. That creates some issues IMO. Here we can have Elven Traits for Elves and have the religions mean something else.
The easier way I think is just define the worker actions differntly which I think can be done via unitxml. Just remove Build_remove_forest for woodelf workers(they are unique unit after all)

Ploeperpengel said:
The easier way I think is just define the worker actions differntly which I think can be done via unitxml. Just remove Build_remove_forest for woodelf workers(they are unique unit after all)

Yepp, you´re right, no python-magic involved in that issue.

I'm not sure if Kael plans on using this or not, but we had suggested a Subterranean trait for certain civs that would mean vastly different things for their cities. Just a thought to ponder.

Psychic_Llamas said:
what would the subterranean trait do exactly?

Allow "underground" parts of cities which might increase defense, increase living space, have resources that only they can use. Maybe night vision since they live in caves? In MOO2 the Subterranean trait doubled the max pop of a planet. Maybe here it increase the base :health:?

Yes, i vote for subterranean then, sound very nice, and will add alot of flavor to underground dwelling race, Skaven and Dwarves are a must. maybe make this trait make building cities in Peaks possible, and once there is a city in a peak, all civs can traverse it.

Psychic_Llamas said:
Yes, i vote for subterranean then, sound very nice, and will add alot of flavor to underground dwelling race, Skaven and Dwarves are a must. maybe make this trait make building cities in Peaks possible, and once there is a city in a peak, all civs can traverse it.
Nice idea! yes that's something that would fit.

Psychic_Llamas said:

Maybe also roads (would be Tunnels - but a really high number of rounds should be needed to complete those).

And certainly this trait would be something for Hobgoblins and Chaos-Dwarves also

Ok guys that are all nice ideas but we need to focus on what's achieveable now. The release is sheduled for early July that means what isn't finished by the end of the monch won't go in the next release. So what we need is a concrete list what traits the Leaders should have for that next release.
What traits else we're planning for the future we should talk about after that.

I like the idea about the subterrainian trait but we should focus on that as soon the Dwarf get more important. For next release it's about Elves and Orcs mainly.

Ok, so am I right when I think that for the next release we only take the traits that are in vanilla cIV?

If so we can stop to discuss abou other traits for now, but take up this discussion again after the next releas.

Good, then we should take up the discussion on the Friend of the Woods trait for - you guess it - the Woodelves.

Olleus suggested +1 food from forests and twice as long to chop.

I suugest: +1 food from forests, is able to build cottages on woods (woods give no commerce, remember that.), unable to chop and build lumbermills.

Top Bottom