Which EVIL civ would you live under?

Remember that death in a fantasy world is different to death in the real world (for all I know).
With the whole souls thing and gods existing, I imagine there are lots of niches that involve a life (and, especially, death) not worse than one in a neutral or good civ.
At the very least, life would be very, very interesting :p.

Balseraphs sound very interesting in that they aren't evil due to any evil agenda, but due to their chaos, unpredictability, and lack of morals. The civilopedia entry of Garrim Gyr (?) is a prime example of this.
Besides, the insanity would be centered around Perpentach and Keelyn, so I suppose as long as one wouldn't draw their attention (or engage in power struggles with the "normal" leaders), one would be fine. And as has already been said, there would be real entertainment, from the normal to the insane, but entertaining in any case.
I figure the Balseraphs would follow OO, so as a priest of that religion, one would be kind of fine, too. One's own insanity would blend in well with the insanity of the civ :p.

Calabim society sounds nice with becoming a vampire, but if that's impossible/not certain, this is probably the last choice. If it isn't, I guess this (or life in a Sidar civilization) would be far better choices for those who want nothing to do with the gods than the Grigori (after all, when you die, they kind of get you back, don't they?).

Sheaim with the AV sound great, too. You get incomparable magical power and ancient forbidden knowledge, trying to bring about the world's end (which might involve your death, but not necessarily your end, although I'm not sure what the possible outcomes of a successful Armageddon in respect to one's soul are).
This society would probably be among the easiest to rise up in power, too, seeing how their magical secrets are shared openly. Then again, power always has a cost...but not having power would be much more costly in a society that sacrifices the weak.

Svartalfar society sounds rather humane to its own citizens, as has been said previously, and I figure being a priest (of CoE or FoL) or a druid might give a male the best chances to survive in a female-dominated society of backstabbers. Or simply leading a normal life without being in a position of power.

The Luichuip Leader you're thinking of is Beeri Bawl.

The Calabim, absolutely. Of course I am a vampire. If I can't be on the top of the food chain, the dullness of my current life will do. And as the hunter feeds, he will live to feed again. (And forget that sunlight crap, vampires are just superior to humans in many way and have no specific weaknesses, except perhaps numbers. And soon Kael will say they instadie in sun...)

It has been explicitly stated (because of a curse from Lugus, an acolytle of whom was Alexi' first victim) that the sun weakens vampires and causes them pain, but is non-lethal.

Illians, I would choose, they're the less dystopian of all the Evils. Followed up by The Kingdom of the Good Ol' Clown Perp, the Balseraphs (they're second because I dislike completely random things, and even more if they can be deadly) and the Sheaim, powerful wizards that can destroy anything they want, and have the power to do so, Oh yes, I would want to be one of these.

And at the Bottom of my list are, the Calabim (I dislike both being cattle for some overgrown vampire bats, or being a bloodsucker), the Doviello and the Clan (I'm not a tough person, so these societies would dislike me) and the Infernal, Fire is an element that I dislike.

I think the Calabim are getting a bit of bad press here....

At least with the Calabim you know the score, yes, you're potential food, but for the most part a law abiding citizen will likely be left to their own devices. Indeed, it's possible to imagine that it'd be possible to rise through the ranks without the gift - the farmer who improves yield (...and thus bolsters the foodstock of the upper crust), the bureacrat who keeps the census. The Calabim would be looking for the most gifted (and loyal) to join the heirarchy.

Contrast that with the horror of the Balseraphs - where an ordinary person going about their business could find themselves being entertained one moment, and then being the entertainment themselves the next.

Three possibilities, although I'd love to live under a new Civ that would be a mixture of all three: Balseraphs (for their insanity), Sheaim ("A free chance to destroy the world? Hell sure I'm in!") and Calabim (vampires!). Just like everyone else, I see.
Or the Bannor (or the Malakim, saying that) with Evil Decius.

I would live a short life under Faeryl -- it would be nice to be an elf, even if I had to be the kind of elf that always fears a knife in the back and poison in the food.

I would probably choose Illians, because men are not treated very well in a Svartalfar society.

Though Doviello or Clan of Embers societies would in my opinion be the opposite of civilization and so less desirable, i wouldn't either be tempted from living in a Balseraph society. It's just too sinister and probably any sane man would just go crazy really soon in that kind of society. Hyborem is not an option ;), while Sheaim is just pure craziness.

Or the Bannor (or the Malakim, saying that) with Evil Decius.

I could live in an evil Amurites civ (AV or OO), as long as I was not the subject of the experiments . . .

Sometimes I think some of the more good civs are evil. Especially when it comes to crusades, burning witches, and "Well, we only have a 1% chance of being right that they are a witch, but we'll burn them anyways to be safe".

For me, I'd perfer to live with either Calabim (I am smart, I'd invent 10000 FPS suncream lotion), or under the Balseraph but only if Keeyln was the one in charge, because she is less likely to put a sword in my face and say its a gift of good luck.

Balseraphs are a *bit* overconsidered imo.

Most thinks on how much funny could be assist their insane "shows", without considering they can cross the line the very next moment after and become the show themselves, without reason.

It is easy to say "trying not to", but in fact you can never be sure when an insane mind would choose you as his next target...

Living in a madmen society is one of the worst conditions you can have, if not the worstest at all.

Just because we are speaking of a fantasy word, adding such things like demons, we can say it is one of the worst in erebus. Imo btw.

I share what many people said: if it were possible to be a vampire, Calabim (who doesn't want eternal life?).

If not, and if a was a woman, surely Svartalfar.

As a man as I am, I' m in doubt between the two because they are in fact the less worst imo.

I have to ask where it is said the Svarts are a worst place for men to live in.

Yes, the leader IS a female, but it doesn't mean it is against males... most civs has male leaders and nobody said it means they're mysogine societies....

So if there is no lore about it - and I find none reading manual - I guess it is a misunderstanding.

You got my answer.

Svartalfar. The only glamorous Evil civilization. Every other Evil civilization is so unaesthetical, with bloodsucking, dirty circus performers, smelly Northern barbarians, demonic thingies, but the Svartalfar have glamour.

Svarts. Keep your head down and stay out of trouble.

Calabim is only good if your an aristocrat.

Balseraphs would be interesting but incredibly dangerous. See Life at the Top in the GUST for an outsider's take on the Balseraphs society.

ha. It's easy for me to blend with the Balseraphs becasue I AM insane.
Multiple personalities and such.

Insanity is really actually kind of fun, in a evil demented kind of way....:evil: :mwaha:

LOL we had no doubt on it... ;)

Jokes apart, I think a life among the Balseraphs could be way too much short.

So I'll stay with my Svarts, keep myself away from politics and live long and prosper. OR as a Calabim aristocrat, if possible.

Clear ;)

I now have to surf to other forums...

I' m searching for help about AoI and it is too late to post questions w/out waiting till tomorrow for answers, so I have to check many threads in search of something similar..... o_O

Top Bottom