While We Wait: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, as promised, here is the new thread. There are a few rules we will be sticking to, and whomever starts the new thread, they should include these rules in the first post as well.

1) This thread is for topics/posting related to NESing, but that would not fit into another thread. If you feel the need to spam/post off topic, we have an entire subforum provided for just such posting. Use it. Spamming this thread, or for that matter other NES threads, will be dealt with.

2) This thread will be binned sometime after it's 1000th post. That doesn't mean that as soon as the post hits 999 replies run off and start the next one. Report the post, state that it is time to close the thread, and continue to use this thread until a moderator (that's a CFC moderator) gets around to closing the thread and starting a new one.

3) Spam will not be tolerated in this thread. Period. Warnings, infractions, or bans will be handed out as needed. Posting off topic will not be tolerated. Again, we have a subforum for it.

4) Yes, I said point 1 twice. I'm bringing it up here again because I'm serious about it.

I will be subscribed to this thread and will be reading it. Any violations in the forum rules, or the rules laid out above, will be dealt with.

Enjoy!

WTF? I leave you guys for a few months and all hell breaks loose!

Abaddon has returned! And BJ is now an almighty mod! Today’s a good day…

I'm going to work with Beej to tidy it all up.. seems all very cluttered at the moment.

Reposting my congratulations here, as well. With our own mod, is it possible that (gasp) the NESing forum has achieved respectability?

It already exists, but the idea doesn't work, was not used last time, its much easier just to keep track of in the thread.

Well did you miss them because you were unaware when the deadline was, or that you didn't have enough time?

Its usually that a mod does post the deadline not long after updating.

if you missed THREE, perhaps you could consider dropping some of your NES, and really concentrating on just a few.

I want to ask for a Central "Orders Due Date" Thread. Mods will post orders and a Link to the last update and the front page. Those who doesn't: well... settle for less orders on time (I used to rely on it!)

It already exists, but the idea doesn't work, was not used last time, its much easier just to keep track of in the thread.
Abaddon is correct the previous thread did not work, because mods did not use. If an active mod bumps it and uses it, and other mods follow suit, then perhaps further discussions will be held.

Moderator Action: On a more general note, my domain is the NESing forum and that's it. You all know the rules and shouldn't need me to repeat them. If you need me I'm here.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I already know how to do that^.

Experiement with the colours.. isn't there like 4 different mod codes? [/mod4]

This is all hell? Cool! :p

Congratulations to the moddification of Birdjaguar- I think you're a great choice!

You go into a spiral of WWW spamfest (I believe 3 in the time I was away?) until the mods have to step in!

I'd like this as PROOF i'm not the worst culpit, we ALL are! ;)

You go into a spiral of WWW spamfest (I believe 3 in the time I was away?) until the mods have to step in!

I'd like this as PROOF i'm not the worst culpit, we ALL are! ;)
Enough. In NESing you all have a clean slate, a fresh start. Make the most of it.

Lets start a discussion about... NEB1!
My hastly made odds with reasons:

Gold: 40%, massive amount of units with strong strategic position.
Red: 20%, large amount of forces but in a 2 front conflict.
Brown: 10%, Good amount of forces but their position limits their options.
Aqua: 10%, Good number of units but their position limits their options as does their current diplomatic situation.
Other: 20%
Orange: 0%, Be happy if you last the turn.:p

On the upside Bird does know more about the difference between trolling or flaming and heated intellectual debate. ;)

So do I. :p
Trolling and Flaming is when you're losing and that's what the other guy is doing to you. Heated intellectual debate is what you're doing when you're winning. :D

Hey...I may not post much in OT anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm not an experienced veteran poster there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom