Who Are You Picking to Win the Superbowl?

Who Are you Picking to Win this Epic Superbowl 2002 Rematch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm... is Griese the only one to lose his first SB then come back the very next year and win? I *think* the Cowboys switched from Morton to Staubach between SB 5 and SB 6.

Hmmm... is Griese the only one to lose his first SB then come back the very next year and win? I *think* the Cowboys switched from Morton to Staubach between SB 5 and SB 6.

Only one on that list I think. But...

Hmmmm.

Yeah, that looks like a one off. And yes, you are right about the 'pukes switching from Morton to Staubach.

Maybe once the game starts we won't have to listen to any more whining about that call. Yeah, it sucked, but man, it's over.

Maybe once the game starts we won't have to listen to any more whining about that call. Yeah, it sucked, but man, it's over.

Have you never met a Saints fan? There will be whining about that call the day of my funeral. If you ever find yourself in a Fallout style vault you better hope you aren't stuck with a Saints fan, because you'll never hear the end of it.

I just placed a 100 dollar bet on the Rams. Let's pray they win lol.

I am glad that Sean McVay remembered to drink his Pepsi.

Won't miss that. It's not like that was the final play of the game. They had opportunities after that and in overtime, they didn't get it done.

I like the Rams QB, but I still like Tom Brady (I used to hate him, but have learned to just accept he is the best that's ever played the game). I'm rooting for both teams LOL.

Rooting for both teams is lame. :thumbsdown:

I’m surprised Belichick has shut Rams offense down. They are going to have to make some serious adjustments.

I refused to watch this game but I feel offended that I had to share a planet with Jared Goff tonight

EDIT: All these Rams fans on social media complaining about the refs makes me hard I may need to see a doctor about this

Last edited:
I refused to watch this game but I feel offended that I had to share a planet with Jared Goff tonight

EDIT: All these Rams fans on social media complaining about the refs makes me hard I may need to see a doctor about this

Meh. Complaint is probably valid, but not unexpected. Goff took a handful of hits that if they were delivered to Tom Brady would almost certainly have been penalties, but that happens every game to every quarterback who isn't Tom Brady so no point complaining about it. It's just part of the game.

Meh. Complaint is probably valid, but not unexpected. Goff took a handful of hits that if they were delivered to Tom Brady would almost certainly have been penalties, but that happens every game to every quarterback who isn't Tom Brady so no point complaining about it. It's just part of the game.
Meh, Brady took a few doozies... there was one where he got slung to the ground after the ball was clearly away... no flag... Overall, I felt like the refs tried to mostly stay out of it and let them play, which is part of why the score was so low...:p

Meh, Brady took a few doozies... there was one where he got slung to the ground after the ball was clearly away... no flag... Overall, I felt like the refs tried to mostly stay out of it and let them play, which is part of why the score was so low...:p

LOL...I knew someone would have something to say about that one. Donald had him by the shoulderpad when he threw the ball and pulled, so Brady spun around and fell down...and was astonished that by hitting the ground he didn't draw a flag.

I think the score was so low because the Cheatriots, credit where credit is due, played magnificently in the defensive backfield...and the Rams defensive backfield looked just as good but probably because they were playing against the zero outside threat passing attack of the Cheatriots. I was impressed that in that regard the refs definitely let them play...there were a whole lot of passes defended by excellent coverage that a flag happy crew could have spoiled with the usual "good defensive play, just must have been a penalty" approach.

Honestly the only good thing to come from this is that it will probably get the media to chill the f out about Sean McVay.

Nothing personal against him, I'm sure he's a nice dude, but I feel like half of NFL analysts were one step from just masturbating on camera whenever his name came up, like the NFL equivalent of Brad Stevens

LOL...I knew someone would have something to say about that one.
Only because you started it. ;) Like I (we both) said... the refs weren't really a factor worth mentioning in this game, other than the fact that they surprisingly... and refreshingly, stayed out of it for the most part.

So what does it mean for a football team to be physical?

I was watching CBS last night and one of the announcers said the Pats and Rams were two of the most physical teams in football. In basketball being physical means pushing and shoving, hard fouls and the like. In football it seems like hitting the other team as hard as possible is integral to the sport.

So what does it mean for a football team to be physical?

I was watching CBS last night and one of the announcers said the Pats and Rams were two of the most physical teams in football. In basketball being physical means pushing and shoving, hard fouls and the like. In football it seems like hitting the other team as hard as possible is integral to the sport.

Hits are integral, as hard as possible is optional.

Some ball carriers will duck out of bounds satisfied with a first down. Some ball carriers will fight for an extra couple yards rather than getting pushed out of bounds. Some ball carriers look for the opportunity to land a stiff arm that is about as close to punching someone in the face as can be gotten away with on a football field.

Some defensive players will see a guy pulling up at the sidelines and let them run out of bounds. Some will put their hands on them and give them a push to guide them out of bounds. Some will see the runner letting up and recognize it as an opportunity and try to put the guy into the stands as long as they can make contact before they actually make it to the stripe.

Some offensive lineman will finesse a guy out of the hole and laugh as the back runs through it. Some will keep driving their guy just because they have established the leverage. Some will use that leverage to get their guy to the ground and then bellyflop on them.

Some teams play to the whistle, some play through the whistle, and some apparently have collective hearing problems so when you play them you have to be braced to take a hit even after the whistle.

Apparently you weren't alone. Saw that only 28% of NO homes watched the game, and NO is usually one of the highest % outside of participant cities.

Top Bottom