Who is your favorite new leader in bts?

bitplayer

Warlord
Ive only had the expansion for a few months and after wandering around the game with my favorite loser churchill I recently started to look at some of the newer leaders.

Charlemaigne is my tops so far. Even though I tend to expand too much too early with him I like the outside chance of getting judaism without being a rel civ. Plus his traits suit my game and how I set them up.

Darius is really good but maybe too good with his traits.

I like Gilgamesh as well. Early powah is always good imo.

To be honest, I can't recall who was new to BTS from Warlords. I've been playing mods this year (primarily LoR), and they tend to add new leaders, so I'm all jumbled up about what's in the "base" game. I'm telling you this, because the game's been out for a bit, and I think you'll be getting alot of feedback along the same lines. I do recall that Suleiman was very cool (strong leader + strong civ = very cool). Was he introduced in BTS?

To be honest, I can't recall who was new to BTS from Warlords. I've been playing mods this year (primarily LoR), and they tend to add new leaders, so I'm all jumbled up about what's in the "base" game. I'm telling you this, because the game's been out for a bit, and I think you'll be getting alot of feedback along the same lines. I do recall that Suleiman was very cool (strong leader + strong civ = very cool). Was he introduced in BTS?

What is LoR? And, Mehmed II (Also Ottomon :rolleyes:)

Mehmed was in Warlords, Suleiman in BTS. Churchill was in Warlords I think, since thats when they nerfed Redcoats. Personally, I love Darius, Financial/Organized is awesome. Zara Yaqob is a close second for the strong REX-power

LoR = Legends of Revolution. Very fun mod; all the cool kids are playing it. :cool: :lol:

Not sure If I like what they do to my good old Wolfshanze mod - unfixing things that have been fixed for example. But I guess I have to try it.

For the OP: Yeah Suleiman is nice, although I'm not very leader focused when playing civ and have mostly played huge earth18civ where new leaders/civs are not available.

I suppose the new Austrian and Vietnamese in WS/LoR are nice additions.

New leaders (according to the BTS Info Center): Hammurabi, Justinian, Willem, Zara Yaqob, Charlemagne, Suryavarman, Pacal, Sitting Bull, Joao, Gilgamesh, Lincoln, Boudica, De Gaulle, Pericles, Suleiman, Darius

My favorites: Zara Yaqob and Pericles first, Justinian and Sitting Bull second.
Most hated: Joao and Suryavarman, by far.

My favourite four traits are Phi, Fin, Cre, and Org, so I'm a big fan of Zara, Darius, but my two favourites are Willem and Pericles, and if pushed I'd say Pericles has the best combo. At least for me, anyway. I had my fastest ever tech speed with him in one game.

I don't doubt that Boudica has a great combo too, I've tried a couple of games with her as leader of Rome, but I never really got going with it.

Pericles has a good combo, though I still gotta give Zara the best combo (only his UB brings him below Darius for me) Creative&Organized lets you secure ridiculous amounts of land without completely crashing your economy, and as anyone can say. Land is Power. Pericles can play a very strong game, though if his Creative was say... Industrious, he would easily be first. He is the stronger of the two Greek leaders however (and his Creative bonus to Odeon's is very nice).

I find myself using Pacal a lot lately. Good traits, good UB, and a decent UU.

I haven't tried all the new ones yet, though.

I like Hammurabi for some reason. I just seem to gravitate to him despite having a lacklustre UU. Another one of my fave leaders is Zara because has insane culture. I don't like being his neighbour though, so I usually plan on taking him out as others plan on taking out Monty early. I hate Sitting Bull and Sury. Sitting Bull is a spy whore and poisons your water whenever he can. Sury is an unappreciative brat, asking for your best techs, then becoming cautious two turns later, assuming that you give it to him.

Willem and Darius. The lazy mans leaders. Some traits require thought or effort to see a real benefit, FIN/CRE and FIN/ORG just kind of happen. Lincoln and Boudica are pretty fun as well.

Mehmed was in Warlords, Suleiman in BTS. Churchill was in Warlords I think, since thats when they nerfed Redcoats. Personally, I love Darius, Financial/Organized is awesome. Zara Yaqob is a close second for the strong REX-power

I guess I'm with bestbrain. I can't even remember whose is who. I bought, "Complete Edition" back in May, so I mainly play BtS. I can't say I don't mooch on some Warlords mods though... :mischief:

Come to think of it, BTS was really the annoying leaders' expansion.

Hammurabi: aggressive and difficult to rush
Justinian: imperialistic zealot
Willem: city spammer
Zara Yaqob: creative city spammer
Charlemagne: protective jerk and city spammer
Suryavarman: where do I start ? Somebody kills him already!
Pacal: teching as fast as Mansa, if not faster. Greedy %£$#.
Sitting Bull: takes a dump in your water tanks every two turns, impossible to please.
Joao: unappreciative beggar
Gilgamesh: I like him, but lots of people don't.
Lincoln: nothing to say here
Boudica: Mother of Doom
De Gaulle: errr... French? I like his traits though, and he's less annoying than the two other French leaders to have nearby.
Pericles: I like him. When he's here, Alex is not.
Suleiman: nothing to say.
Darius: FIN/ORG?! Really?! With Immortals, too?! Let some for the others dude!

Although Augustus Caesar was introduced in Warlords, his traits were changed in BtS - I like the Ind/Imp Augustus better than the Warlords version (Cre/Org).

Actual new leaders I like: Willem, De Gaulle, Gilgamesh, Justinian.

Zara, Darius, and Hammurabi are great but I don't like the Organized trait much, so I maybe don't look on those leaders as highly as I should.

For some reason, I like to play as Pacal and Suryavarman even though there's no logical advantage.

I do not like seeing Gilgamesh. But I like him at the same time. He's a capable leader who is loyal if you are good to him, and an absolute devil if you wrong him. Very capable AI. I actually find Mr.Washington poisons my water even more then horsehockytin Bull.

Ive only had the expansion for a few months and after wandering around the game with my favorite loser churchill I recently started to look at some of the newer leaders.

Charlemaigne is my tops so far. Even though I tend to expand too much too early with him I like the outside chance of getting judaism without being a rel civ. Plus his traits suit my game and how I set them up.

Darius is really good but maybe too good with his traits.

I like Gilgamesh as well. Early powah is always good imo.

Darius is easily countered as he has a low unit build probability... which means you can crush his advanced 3 units in each city with a decent stack of outdated units. He's a wimp.

Charlemagne is pretty cool.
I can't really remember who is new though. Whenever Justinian and the Byzantines came out I was excited, but the Civ programmers never do them justice with the traits, etc... so it ends up a let down. It was an empire for 1000 years, they can't come up with a decent civ to play?

Can I include Warlords leaders as well?
In that case I'm a huge fan of Hannibal. Especiall on the island maps. Financial means I don't have to worry about commerce as much and Charismatic keeps my citizens happy and producing units :) The Numidian Cavalry also work well as a quick strike team. And also just because he's Hannibal

Darius is easily countered as he has a low unit build probability... which means you can crush his advanced 3 units in each city with a decent stack of outdated units. He's a wimp.

Charlemagne is pretty cool.
I can't really remember who is new though. Whenever Justinian and the Byzantines came out I was excited, but the Civ programmers never do them justice with the traits, etc... so it ends up a let down. It was an empire for 1000 years, they can't come up with a decent civ to play?

What nonsense is this? Justinian is pretty solid in this game, and his uniques are average at WORST.

Darius isn't THAT low unitprob but underexpands. With a lot of land (aka some luck his way) he's a serious problem and one of the earliest liberalism AIs (along with Willem, Pacal, and Mansa Musa). He's easy to manage in diplo though.

Sitting Bull, Sury, and Joao all have a tendency to be pretty annoying outright, due to lots of begging and in sury's case a -2 for each refusal. If you align with sury, you better make sure you're prepared to ONLY align with people he likes.

Top Bottom