Who's not playing until a patch comes out?

Who's not playing until a patch comes out?

• No, I'm playing.

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • No, but I really really want a patch.

Votes: 50 27.8%
  • Yes, I'm waiting for a patch.

Votes: 95 52.8%
  • Yes, I'm just gonna forget about this game alltogether.

Votes: 12 6.7%

• Total voters
I put this game on the shelf after 2 weeks and went back to games that are fun. I don't say I wouldn't try it again after it is thoroughly patched. Amateur patches don't count as they usually improve some things and worsen others. The probability, that it catches my attention again is, however, not very big.

It's ridiculous - I played until 1713 and when declaring independence, there were 365 british dragoons, 150 cannons, and 114 man of wars! Insane.

The liberty bell dynamic running up the REF is out of control. You can exploit the game and beat it in 40 turns, and if you play correctly by maximizing liberty bells, you get penalized.

Who beta tested this game, anyway? It's an embarrasment to Sid Meier's record to have a release like this that is basically unplayable. ALL of his other games going back nearly 20 years have been better than this when they were released.

It's ridiculous - I played until 1713 and when declaring independence, there were 365 british dragoons, 150 cannons, and 114 man of wars! Insane.

The liberty bell dynamic running up the REF is out of control. You can exploit the game and beat it in 40 turns, and if you play correctly by maximizing liberty bells, you get penalized.

Who beta tested this game, anyway? It's an embarrasment to Sid Meier's record to have a release like this that is basically unplayable. ALL of his other games going back nearly 20 years have been better than this when they were released.

What's unplayable about it? I've beaten bigger REF's than that. Did you even try? What military had you built up yourself? What preparation had you made to fight - stocking up guns and horses plus a strong economy to produce more during the war, battlehardened veterans from fighting other europeans or indians, selected FF to give you added bonuses in combat, a large Rebel Sentiment (courtesy of all those liberty bells) to increase that, careful selection of the most important constitution elements etc etc

The game gives you plenty of warning about the size of the battle you will face but it gives you the biggest break of all - you get to choose the starting date!

The game's mechanics does not make the game unplayable-but it does require a different approach to victory. I have replayed it some in the past couple of weeks but the game just doesn't capture my interest like the original Col did. So regardless of a patch, I'll play the game rarely between games of BtS.

Top Bottom