Why do you stick to Warlords?

Mainly becasue I don't have BTS yet

And becasue I like most of new leaders and the Vassel states.

Cause I don't have BTS and I am cheap. Also because I was rather disappointed in Warlords, so I am paranoid about BTS.

Because I like Warlords more than Vanilla, and I haven't had it that long, so it is still new to me.

Also, while I'd like to get the new civs and the random events from BtS, it seems BtS boosts the modern era, and I'm more interested in the Ancient and Medieval periods myself. I've downloaded The Ancient Mediterrean mod for Vanilla, and I'll give that a try.

I don't stick to it anymore cuz I now own BTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I bought BtS for Christmas. I'm switching back to Warlord's right now primarily to play Total Realism. I expect mods to have more content than the vanilla release. In fact most mods just do that, toss the entire kitchen sink at the thing. But to actually be more engaging, balanced, realistic, and enjoyable...and arguably more polished and well thought out...that's rare. TR is generally all those things and more. (although it did get a bit excessive in the later stages of the latest release. A few too many random buildings)

Right now I can see alot of potential with BtS in the right hands, but I'm a bit disappointed with the initial release. I'll basically wait for a TR release or until someone develops an AGC-EEP style mod with the 'random events' (which was a great, long overdue touch)

But I'll take suggestions. What are the best 'straight' mods out there currently on BtS? By straight I mean full campaigns (nothing focused only on certain periods) without a major, game-changing, conceptual alteration. (aka, I don't want to play Star Wars/Fantasy Civ. I want to play Civ. Nor do I want to wait 30 computer turns before I can play my Civ)

I tried several mods on Warlords, but honestly most just had too much. Too many buildings, too many teches, units, worker improvements (this was especially annoying, I do not go 'hooray for micromanagement!'). TR was really the only one that I'd consider very good. (that I've played)

But I'll take suggestions. What are the best 'straight' mods out there currently on BtS? By straight I mean full campaigns (nothing focused only on certain periods) without a major, game-changing, conceptual alteration. (aka, I don't want to play Star Wars/Fantasy Civ. I want to play Civ. Nor do I want to wait 30 computer turns before I can play my Civ)

I tried several mods on Warlords, but honestly most just had too much. Too many buildings, too many teches, units, worker improvements (this was especially annoying, I do not go 'hooray for micromanagement!').
Well, I have my Wolfshanze Mod for BtS... it's definately NOT a "throw the kitchen sink" kind of mod... it's mostly normal old BtS, with a few changes... most notably several new ship classes in what I considered a big whole in the tech tree... the mysterious jump from Civil War Ironclad Gunboat to WWII Battleship (and nothing in-between). I added ocean going Ironclads, Pre-Dreadnought era ships and WWI-era ships (Dreadnoughts), that eventually lead to the WWII era ships. I also added WWI units (early fighters, bombers and tanks) and the leader heads for Hitler and Hirohito. I also did a fairly extensive "ethnic flavor units" mod, and that's mostly where I left off... I didn't add a single new tech to the game, nor scores of new units... I think there's no more then a dozen (or less) new units in my mod... mostly plugging a few holes.

It's not the smallest mod, and it's certainly not the biggest mod... I wanted Civ4 to still feel like Civ4, but just some minor tweaks and a few new units. That's what my mod is about.

I REALLY WANT to play bts but because of this only ONE reason which ruins the game, I sticked with warlord. That reason is the leaderheads(in my computer, it is all mixed up)

how mixed up is mixed up?:lol:

Ok, my reason for sticking with Warlords.
It has huge numbers of units with same stats and leaderheads that are clearly quickly modded from originals. And I hate ovepowered cepelin bomb runs.

How are airships overpowered? They can't even kill stuff.

yeah, I don't think they're overpowered.

yeah, it's very sad......

I came late to Civ IV due to being unable to run vanilla. Eventually I bought a new video card and that let me run Civ IV. I was just learning vanilla then Warlords came out. So I bought Warlords and started playing. Then BTS came out and I bought that. I then realized I had never really learned the game system enough to jump to BTS. So I went back to vanilla and then decided it was time to advance to Warlords.

what difficulty do you play at?

I am a casual gamer and play at the Warlord level for the most part and have played a few games at Noble. I have other hobbies so I am taken away from the computer on the weekends and after work I am too beat to do anything.

I'm going to fire up CivIV Warlords tonight and get back into it.

Top Bottom