Why would anyone vote for McCain?

Princeps

More bombs than God
McMorons and tons are McCains and metric tons respectively throughout this post.

So now that we've seen McMoron's pathetic incompetence, ignorance, unscrupulous lies and generally unpopular positions, why would anyone vote for him?

When he talked about the Wall Street and this financial crisis, he told how the Wall Street had violated some supposed "social contract" between the citizen and capitalism as stipulated by.. Adam Smith. Funny, I thought Adam Smith explained how the agents involved in the market do not act for the good of society, but for their own self-interest. The baker sells his stuff so he can make a living, not out of charity or some common agreement.

But the point is that McMoron, having been a fanatical proponent of deregulation for Wall Street, believes that there's some sort magical, imaginary "social contract" between the American commoner and the Wall Street. As if the secretive, totalitarian, profit-driven institutions which dominate business should be expected to follow this tacit contract. What sort of contract is it? Where is it written down? Who enforces it? No one. But McMoron apparently believed that you can replace sound regulations with blind faith in some imaginary "social contract". So when McMoron rails against the "greed and corruption" of Wall Street, doesn't that imply that he really cannot understand the basic nature of these institutions, which have to be greedy because that's demanded of them by law.

Futhermore, "Obama has been talking about the need for better financial regulation well before this crisis hit and has done some real thinking about it,'' says Donaldson, a lifelong Republican. "McCain comes across as someone who suddenly realized changes have to be made.''

And, yes, I could go on about his flip-flops, of which there are a ton.:p

But anyway, the question is, why do some people vote for McCain?

If someone is so brainwashed as to believe that elitism means wanting to steal from the poor and give to the rich, it is no wonder that being or voting for a conservative (whatever that means in their twisted mind) is beyond consideration.

I dunno Princeps, you just have it all figured out.

If someone is so brainwashed as to believe that elitism means wanting to steal from the poor and give to the rich, it is no wonder that being or voting for a conservative (whatever that means in their twisted mind) is beyond consideration.

This is a pretty impressive non-sequiter argument right here. The only instances of the words "elitism", "conservatism", "poor", and "rich" in this thread are in your post. How did you interpret the OP this way?

Because he crashed 5 planes and survived so he must be lucky and we need some luck.

I dunno Princeps, you just have it all figured out.

No I don't have it figured out which is why I'm asking why people vote for McCain.

In your state, Texas, McCain has a solid lead. Why is that the case?

I thought it was good to be Elite?

In the Army, when I was a paratrooper, we were told we were an 'Elite Force'. That always sounded like a good thing to me. :D

No I don't have it figured out which is why I'm asking why people vote for McCain.

In your state, Texas, McCain has a solid lead. Why is that the case?

Obama is a scary liberal who wants to raise your taxes.*

*So goes the lie.

The real question is why would anyone (who's not on welfare) vote for NObama?

And to answer your question - I'll vote for McCain, because I don't like NObama's plan, which basically amounts to taxing the crap out of everybody...

*So goes the lie.

And to answer your question - I'll vote for McCain, because I don't like NObama's plan, which basically amounts to taxing the crap out of everybody...

There's certain irony in this post. I can't exactly point it out. :lol:

There's also just ignorance.

Also, mr.objectivist, I would like to trash your ideology some day. I hope we'll have a thread on objectivism some day.

Spoiler :

Everybody likes something different, and once they're set in their ways they'll come up with whatever cockamamie convoluted reason not to change their minds.

Why would anyone vote for McCain?

Because he comes across as a kindly grandfatherly figure
and many old people are wise, and he is a war hero to boot.

But if he'd been truly wise he'd have stuck to his, "I am not a financial
expert" and people might have mistaken ignorance for modesty.

I thought it was good to be Elite?

In the Army, when I was a paratrooper, we were told we were an 'Elite Force'. That always sounded like a good thing to me. :D

My comment references another thread. Either 'elitism' or 'what is elitism', in which the OP uses one possible ramification of elitism (in its most perverted form) to define the whole.

What unit and when were you in?

I was D 3/505th PIR from '90 - '94.

Expierance,
this is all he's got goin' for him in my eyes... the ability of being older than Obama
and he's a POW.
this (no offense to you, or any POW out there) is not a trait I'd want in a President... I know of NO stories that were told of POWs in Nam that came out better than they were going in... only stories of people coming out mentally unstable. Its a steryotype, yes, but frankly, its quite a realistic one

Its a steryotype, yes, but frankly, its quite a realistic one

I heard Obama was a groupie for 'Bone Thugs and Harmony'. It's a stereotype, but...

Because they dont want a 3rd Bush term. Just say no to McBush.

Listen to the truth... Obama wants to tax the wealthist 10% not the poor. Do your research.

Top Bottom