Wildmana Development, Take 2

I uploaded the Unitart XML from FFH patch, which means using the Wildmana version in the SVN requires the art from the new full install
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=351165
Guess we also need an art folder in the future.

I have also added a function to CvPlayer that allows to change the civilization later in the game.

Um, so I guess either Sephi or Skyre need to add me to the project to upload things? Or maybe I fail at SVN, though I was pretty sure I had it set up right. :(
If you haven't already, you need to register an account at sourceforge.org (only valid email is needed). Then either post your account name here or PM it.

Using the base Wildmana 7.20 plus the latest files from the repository, I end up getting a load of Python error messages about missing functions in the FFHPLUS module. Is the repository version not up to date?

I also get an error about PROMOTION_GOBLIN on startup, but that's a minor thing.

looks like either in the initial import or the folder move something broke. Config folder had recent changes, other folders not. This also explains all the errors you got. Updated the SVN, should start now without a single error message.

I updated everything from svn. I now get more messages on startup (all to do with FFHPLUS) and the game crashes when I try to put it in autoplay.

I guess I should read a good tutorial about SVN, those icons in Tortoise seem to be misleading. When I used commit it somehow didn't upload changes in all subfolders.

uploaded now changes to SVN, then downloaded and tested.

So, I've been working on extracting all the hard-coded text from the various files and creating variables so they can be subsequently translated. I've just been sticking everything at the bottom of WildmanaNew.xml - lemme know if there is anything I ought to move elsewhere.

I was also wondering if CIV4GameText_VElohim.xml was active or not... trying to decide if I need to extract and create new variables or if I just need to slip the variable names into the place of the hardcoded text.

Finally, I was wondering where you define the XML files that actually get used? I'd really like to nuke the irrelevant files so I quit opening stuff I don't need to. :p

a few things from vElohim are used for the Elohim module. You could remove the file and then add back all txtkeys elohim are missing.

The game automatically loads all xml files it can find. If a txt key file isn't needed anymore, just delete it from the SVN.

So, I've been working on extracting all the hard-coded text from the various files and creating variables so they can be subsequently translated. I've just been sticking everything at the bottom of WildmanaNew.xml - lemme know if there is anything I ought to move elsewhere.
I have seen you uploaded the translations to the SVN :)

In two files you accidently removed the changes I recently made. I corrected this in revision 26 and 27. Maybe someone who is more experienced at SVN knows a way how to prevent this in the future.

I'm surprised it wouldn't give you a warning message if you tried to commit a change when your local copy was out of date. Calling 'SVN Update' before you do the commit *should* stop this happening, though. If you've both changed the same file, it'll attempt to merge the changes.

From what I've read it's supposed to, though it does nothing to solve it; You have to merge the files yourself. Either using winmerge or their 'TortoiseMerge' software.

Of course, as of now I'm the only RifE team member uploading to it as I had Vermicious's files already and GreyFox isn't done with his... So I'm not really sure. :lol:

In two files you accidently removed the changes I recently made. I corrected this in revision 26 and 27. Maybe someone who is more experienced at SVN knows a way how to prevent this in the future.
Aw, crap. I'll be more careful in the future. I have the SVN stuff in a separate folder from the files I'm actually working on (so my games don't get messed up and I can still test in-game), so I'd just copied files over when I finished them. I'll use WinMerge from now on.

Top Bottom