Will Civ 5 have a 64-bit client?

Civ4 already should have gone with 64 bit.
For me at least anything bigger than a standard map regularly hits(and goes past) the 2Gig mark.
And while I guess Civ4 is pretty well written - beyond zoom-out-crashes and slow performance I've had no problems.
However I can't say the same for Galactic Civilizations 2, for which I get Out of Memory errors every 10 turns or so on Immense maps.

Ah well... at least dev's are staring to get a clue. :D

Did find this though: http://maketecheasier.com/increase-...-applications-in-windows-64-bit-os/2011/08/13
Testing now...

People have already explained this a few times in the thread, but I just want to confirm for everyone:

32-bit applications work just fine in 64-bit operating systems. Most of the programs you run in your 64-but applications are (probably) 32-bit. Civilization V works perfectly in 32-bit and we've done all of our testing and presentations and everything in 32-bit.

My WIN7/64bit PC will not run CiV in dx10/11 - it locks up and has to be hard booted. I have eight gig of RAM and an Nvidia RADEON HD6970 with 2gig of memory and latest drivers.

Does CiV not run in dx10/11 on 64bit machines?

My WIN7/64bit PC will not run CiV in dx10/11 - it locks up and has to be hard booted. I have eight gig of RAM and an Nvidia RADEON HD6970 with 2gig of memory and latest drivers.

Does CiV not run in dx10/11 on 64bit machines?

Yes Civ 5 runs great on 64bit machines. In fact the graphics show both a shadow and a reflection in the water. It is quite awesome, if you are into graphics like that. It works in 3D as well, stereoscopic.

... I have eight gig of RAM and an Nvidia RADEON HD6970 with 2gig of memory and latest drivers. ...

I doubt the game will run properly with this graphics card. You probaly need an ATI GeForce 680 or something better. :king:

I doubt the game will run properly with this graphics card.

The game will certainly run with this graphics card. It's one of Nvidias strongest graphics cards in the second last generation, and the game runs with far more weak cards.

I doubt the game will run properly with this graphics card. You probaly need an ATI GeForce 680 or something better. :king:

The game will certainly run with this graphics card. It's one of Nvidias strongest graphics cards in the second last generation, and the game runs with far more weak cards.

If you guys check his thread you'll see he's already solved his issue, it was a case of corrupt DX9.0c libraries.

If you guys check his thread you'll see he's already solved his issue, it was a case of corrupt DX9.0c libraries.

I am curious if that fix would help all those with Nvidea 560's?

Top Bottom