Will Civ Rev outsell Civ 4

civoholic

Warlord
Civ 4 sold around 2 million copies,so i think civ rev will double that.
Civ rev will outsell civ 4

I think Civ Rev will hit around there. Seems like on the forums here alot of the Civ fanbase is becoming dissapointed in the game and may not buy it, while at the same time the Civ Rev demo is generating new fans.

I think less. Civ has a big loyal following. And judging from reading the forums here, not much posts or replies like in Civ 4. I could be wrong, would love Firaxis to be succesfull so they can make more content for the game, make it more complicated, or add maps for the 360 *hint EATH MAP* and have different size maps.

I think less. Civ has a big loyal following. And judging from reading the forums here, not much posts or replies like in Civ 4. I could be wrong, would love Firaxis to be succesfull so they can make more content for the game, make it more complicated, or add maps for the 360 *hint EATH MAP* and have different size maps.

I think another reason it will outsell, is its on 3 different platforms.
While civ 4 was on one

I will be one of the millions.... and milllions of civ rev fans to buy the game

IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLL..... what Sid Meier... is cooking!!!

I think less. Civ has a big loyal following. And judging from reading the forums here, not much posts or replies like in Civ 4.

Keep in mind that the people on the message boards for games are frequently the most vocal minority of the games fanbase, it does not mean that the bulk of it does not like the game.

That being said, i have no opinion, i'll wait and see how rev does.

Remember it's still a turn based game. Most young kids, or people with consoles do not like turn based games, that is why there is not many of them.

I do hope it sells well. I tried the demo, I like the quick pase of the game, something different from Civ 4 but like Civ 4. How long will it grab me? Will I like Civ 4 lite or will I earn for more tatics, more complicy? Only time will tell.

If Civ Revolutions is going to be a big seller, it will have to come from American sales. Look at the European sales charts, where the 360 and PS3 versions have seen rather poor numbers. VGChartz has the 360 version at 40k sales and the PS3 version at 30k (after three weeks), and they will both be out of the top 100 by next week. 150k lifetime for the two versions in Europe seems likely, 200k an absolute maximum.

Yes, everyone knows VGChartz is somewhat inaccurate. But if they are estimating sub-50k sales for both versions, it's extremely likely that the game isn't setting the world on fire.

There is basically a 0% chance that this game will see sales anywhere near Civ4.

Remember it's still a turn based game. Most young kids, or people with consoles do not like turn based games, that is why there is not many of them.

And most can't think and don't have the patience to do so. For them, it's always FPS FTW! :D

I'm buying 2 copies (DS+PS3), so we just need 1,999,998 to hit 2M. :goodjob:

Civ 4 has actually sold 3 million as of march 2008, but its been out for two years

I think people underestimate the number of people buying civ rev on the ds

i think 1 mill are going to buy it on the ds

and I've said before I think the DS version might end up the highest selling version.

I'd be surprised if CivRev doesn't sell at least 1.5 million copies....and whether it equals Civ4 in sales or not, anywhere around 1 million sales will almost assuredly lead to a continuation of the CivRev line.

I dunno how it's gonna sell. I just know that a lot of you would be surprised in how many of my friends... the stereotypical teen male shooter loving xbox types are really looking forward to this game. They loved the demo and are gonna buy it on release day. I love my shooters but I also love strategy and turn-based RPGs, so I played Civ 4, am excited for Rev, and am really thrilled to see so many of my friends being introduced to this great franchise.
Maybe my little experience won't extrapolate out to large scale sales numbers, but the game's generating quite a bit of buzz on live, so you guys may be surprised.

It may, but that's why they made it. It has mass-appeal, unlike Civ IV.

i think it will out sell civ IV just because of all the different platforms it is being released on.

CivRev had what seemed to be a great demo(with a lot of people getting interested), me being one of them! I think the sales will top 1 million because some people will buy DS version, while some will buy console, while Diehards will buy both!

Top Bottom