Will Gods and Kings include CiV DLC?

IMO the best way to deal with DLC's, would be to include them in the expantion and give a xx%discount of what you payed for each DLC you have bought.
A full reimbursment would be wrong tho as you have had the fun to play them, but in the same time your purchase have helped pay the development of the expantion.
Most important i feel that including them would bring the game on level par for everyone.

IMO the best way to deal with DLC's, would be to include them in the expantion and give a xx%discount of what you payed for each DLC you have bought.
A full reimbursment would be wrong tho as you have had the fun to play them, but in the same time your purchase have helped pay the development of the expantion.
Most important i feel that including them would bring the game on level par for everyone.

There's already a way to bring the game "on level par" ... just buy them.

Civ V vanilla had the same amount of civs as Civ IV vanilla (more, even, once they gave away Mongolia for free). The first Civ V expansion has more civs than the first Civ IV expansion (9 to 6). I don't understand why some people still feel entitled to getting the DLC for free and having it included in the expansion.

Civ V vanilla had the same amount of civs as Civ IV vanilla (more, even, once they gave away Mongolia for free). The first Civ V expansion has more civs than the first Civ IV expansion (9 to 6). I don't understand why some people still feel entitled to getting the DLC for free and having it included in the expansion.

Folks can make their case all day long. They won't be included, nor should they be, in the expansion.

This is actually what makes me think that G&K is Bts for ciV. Warlords was just new scenarios, 6 civs with generic UUs, UBs & copy paste leader traits as well few minor additions. ciV has achieved that in form of patches & DLCs. I don't think it would be fair to get all previous DLCs for free along with G&K, the xpack already has enough content for $30. People who want to buy them cheap should wait for the right opportunity then.

Depends on how desperate they are,

Civ3 conquests included PlayTheWord expansion to make the pitch that it was the ultimate XP. The publisher of the game was Atari however.

Since the DLC were just civs and not gameplay features, I think they can get away with not including the DLC civs. That said, I would expect the core game, patched and all, to be included in the XP however.

It is also possible we could get 1 free DLC coupon of some sort if we pre-order a boxed copy (assuming they go that route)/

Civ hasnt done this yet. I highly doubt this will be a stand alone expansion pack. You WILL have to have the base game to use this.

Spain, according to that new French article.

I'm still not sure if that article was referring to Spain being added to the standard game or just that Spain appears in a scenario. If it's just the latter, it's not much. The Scenario Spain could be drastically different than the standard game Spain (like how Egypt has a different UA and UB in the Wonders scenario) and you still could not be allowed to play it in the standard game.

With that said, Spain is a clever choice for free DLC. Since you can't buy Spain individually, people who already own it aren't cheated as much as they still own Inca. Plus, anyone that wants to buy the Inca would technically have to "rebuy" Spain.

I'm still not sure if that article was referring to Spain being added to the standard game or just that Spain appears in a scenario. If it's just the latter, it's not much. The Scenario Spain could be drastically different than the standard game Spain (like how Egypt has a different UA and UB in the Wonders scenario) and you still could not be allowed to play it in the standard game.

With that said, Spain is a clever choice for free DLC. Since you can't buy Spain individually, people who already own it aren't cheated as much as they still own Inca. Plus, anyone that wants to buy the Inca would technically have to "rebuy" Spain.

Its also possible that when they made Spain+Inca double pack they already knew that they would use Spain in their next expansion. Why they have not released other double civ packs?

I think its quite clear from the article that Spain is playable also in the normal game.

Its also possible that when they made Spain+Inca double pack they already knew that they would use Spain in their next expansion. Why they have not released other double civ packs?

I think its quite clear from the article that Spain is playable also in the normal game.

Because the "New World" scenario was the only one that made use of two new civs. If they were to come up with another scenario that called for two new civs, they would do another double pack.

Spain being a included in G&K makes sense for the Medieval scenario (Reconquista anyone?). I think that Isabella and Spain is the staple of the series since the fanatical REX Isabella from Civ4, and therefore essential for a good Civ game, so I'm ok with it being included in expansion pack for free. I bought the DLC pack, but there are still the Inca :)

Spain being a included in G&K makes sense for the Medieval scenario (Reconquista anyone?). I think that Isabella and Spain is the staple of the series since the fanatical REX Isabella from Civ4, and therefore essential for a good Civ game, so I'm ok with it being included in expansion pack for free. I bought the DLC pack, but there are still the Inca :)

When you think of faith-based civs, Spain definitely jumps to the top of the list in my mind, so I agree that they fit right in with this expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if their UA or UUs get modified to something faith-based.

Spanish exploration UA is insanely powerful if you get lucky with the map. I'm afraid a faith-based bonus would overpower it no matter what map you will roll. I'm guessing this UA will be changed to focus on faith in the actual scenario, but not in normal games.

Spanish exploration UA is insanely powerful if you get lucky with the map. I'm afraid a faith-based bonus would overpower it no matter what map you will roll. I'm guessing this UA will be changed to focus on faith in the actual scenario, but not in normal games.

Well I would think in a historical scenario, your religion would be pre-determined, making the accumulation of Faith pretty trivial.

I don't see any need for Spain's normal UA to be changed, since it's one of the more interesting out there. But the New World almost certainly won't feature in the medieval scenario, so I expect a highly religious scenario-only UA to feature there.

Well,Spanish territory has a NW(Gibraltar),so there's no need to change their UA,unless they found out that this UA is too overpowered . They've done something like that with Egypt on "Wonders Of The Ancient World" scenario .

Well,Spanish territory has a NW(Gibraltar),so there's no need to change their UA,unless they found out that this UA is too overpowered . They've done something like that with Egypt on "Wonders Of The Ancient World" scenario .

What is an NW?

I doubt the DLC's will be included in the expansion (they're much too greedy to give that away), but I could easily see a later package that included the expansion and DLC's together.

I don't doubt 2K is greedy but I don't think that'd be the main reason. For now you want the DLC to retain its value for the people who overpaid for it originally. Including it in an xpac would be a slap in their face.

Plus including DLC in an xpac would be kind of shortcutting and short changing the xpac. As in, hey, instead of developing new content for the xpac we're just repackaging stuff some of you already bought.

As many are saying, I wouldn't be surprised to see it bundled later at some point. It's pretty much the way it goes and is no big deal.

Spain isn't the only DLC civ that will/should show up in the Medial Scenario:

"Grow your medieval kingdom into one of the great nations of Renaissance Europe, fending off outside invasions from Mongols and Ottoman Turks and fighting the religious wars of the Crusades and Reformation!"

Denmark comes to mind as well.

Thing is, I always thought they were going to use those "generic" civs to represent the aforenamed ones. But they're bringing the "real" Spain for that purpose.

Perhaps they're going to use a generic, Hun-based Mongolia. Perhaps one of the new, unknown civs can serve as basis for a generic Denmark and Scandinavian kingdoms.

Top Bottom