Will Mac Civ5 be free if you have Windows Civ5?

Xyth

History Rewritten
EDIT: Now there's a dedicated page to the topic: http://blog.gameagent.com/2010/11/16/call-for-comments-to-steamplay-or-not/

Since the Civilization V Mac announcement, we’ve been trying hard to field the mountain of questions we’ve received about the game, and while we’ve been able to answer most of them, we’ve so far avoided definitive answers on the full integration with Steam, particularly SteamPlay. First, we apologize for not addressing these concerns sooner; however, we are still in intense, internal discussions about the pros and cons of utilizing the system.

As some of you may be aware, we recently started a discussion in the comments of our most recent Civ V Mac FAQs post regarding the use of SteamPlay and buyer expectations. As a result, we’ve received some awesome feedback from some of our readers and fans, and thus have decided to more formally invite others to comment on the situation by creating a dedicated post to the discussion.

As noted above, we would love to hear from more of you about your thoughts on the subject. We know many of you will feel very passionately one way or another, so we do ask that anyone leaving a comment try to follow a civil and/or cordial level of discourse. That being said, thanks for your time and your thoughts!

Aspyr seems to be trying hard to be responsible

Moderator Action: I've fixed the thread title for you

Moderator Action: I've fixed the thread title for you

Thanks. I think I left a word out or something, sorry for the confusion!

Little late to be renegotiating terms? AIUI Civ4 Steamplay only happened because Aspyr didn't have the digital download rights.
As he said giving away content isn't good business model. Steam HW Survey has OS 10.6.4 at 2.92% so I doubt Take2 is going to them a percent of the Windows revenue.

Now there's a dedicated page to the topic: http://blog.gameagent.com/2010/11/16/call-for-comments-to-steamplay-or-not/

Since the Civilization V Mac announcement, we’ve been trying hard to field the mountain of questions we’ve received about the game, and while we’ve been able to answer most of them, we’ve so far avoided definitive answers on the full integration with Steam, particularly SteamPlay. First, we apologize for not addressing these concerns sooner; however, we are still in intense, internal discussions about the pros and cons of utilizing the system.

As some of you may be aware, we recently started a discussion in the comments of our most recent Civ V Mac FAQs post regarding the use of SteamPlay and buyer expectations. As a result, we’ve received some awesome feedback from some of our readers and fans, and thus have decided to more formally invite others to comment on the situation by creating a dedicated post to the discussion.

As noted above, we would love to hear from more of you about your thoughts on the subject. We know many of you will feel very passionately one way or another, so we do ask that anyone leaving a comment try to follow a civil and/or cordial level of discourse. That being said, thanks for your time and your thoughts!

I've updated the first post.

Top Bottom