Will the DS version be worth it?

should i get it

• heck yes

Votes: 59 86.8%
  • hell no, we won't go

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
(2) Note: the following item is conjecture. Downloadable content on the DS cannot be saved. If it could, then there would be possibilities to patch it. So, the GotW will have to be played straight through without turning off the system. I imagine there will be nights my DS remains plugged-in overnight.

Actually, there is a small area on every ds cartridge that allows for save data (hence the reason that you can save your game in almost every ds game). Its also just enough to store some downloadable content like maps, you just might have to keep about 5 at a time. However you are right in stating that you can't patch a ds game, due to the fact that the area for saves and the area for game "ROM's" are completely different chips, one is writable, one isn't.

I'm getting the 360 and DS versions, but if I could only get one it would be the DS version. Portable CIV? Yes please.

I think the DS version makes even more sense than the console versions. If I'm at home and want to play Civ, I'll just get on the computer and play the real deal. Being able to play Civ anywhere on the DS - that's going to be schweeeeet! I'm picking up my copy in about 2 hours, and I brought my DS to work with me. So much for having a productive afternoon. :D

My kids (8-10) are DS fanatics.

They've been watching me playing Civ IV lately. I'm thinking of getting this to see if they get interested.

Okay, honestly, I'm thinking of buying a crimson DS for myself just for this game. I just got Civ IV for my laptop, but being able to play quick games on the DS in places where I don't want to bring the laptop is awesome (DMV anyone?).

:)

Same here. My gamer kids are 4, 8 and 12 and I had to buy another DS for my wife bc they took over both of ours. My 8-yr-old son has sat next to me for some of my long runs on CivIV and has asked a lot of questions about the game. He also showed an interest in the CivRev demo for the 360 so I'm picking him a DS copy for his b-day when I pick up mine. I'll try to play his when he is sleeping!

Why couldn't they put out a PSP version? I know, I'm only one of about 10 people who have PSP....but still...I could quit playing baseball and play civ instead. How hard could it be to whip a PSP version? That's it, I'm getting the other 9 people who have PSP to petition Sid

After playing the Xbox360 version, I'm hoping the DS version will offer some redemption for this game, as you wouldn't expect the best graphics on a hand-held anyways.

I find the colour-wash nauseating on the xbox.

Why couldn't they put out a PSP version? I know, I'm only one of about 10 people who have PSP....but still...I could quit playing baseball and play civ instead. How hard could it be to whip a PSP version? That's it, I'm getting the other 9 people who have PSP to petition Sid

I have a PSP (launch day), but I don't play it. I just got a DS recently (thanks Civ grrr). Anyway, I have 15 titles already and love it.

I'm thinking the PSP version wouldn't be too hard. However, there may not be any profit in it (according to their financial models).

We just bought a Gameboy for my son instead of a DS. The reason being that he's only 6 and that we can get the games cheap!

However....now that Civ is out for DS.....I'm really thinking that I want a DS with Civ for my birthday. We do a LOT of traveling, when gas isn't horrible, so it's perfect for me.

SO... what I want is for people to post here AFTER playing Civ on the DS and tell me how it is! Especially compared to the Xbox version.

Man... I'm out of town now... maybe I should just go and pick one up for the flight home....

Some where I had commented that DS GotW files could not be saved, or I had alluded to it. Let me just say, I was wrong. :blush:

Well, I haven't played the 360 version yet, though I have it and the next time I can get in front of my Xbox it's being played.

However, I did just win a Domination Victory in the DS version. It's very fun. It's pretty much just what all the websites are describing it as: a very streamlined version of Civ. I had to get used to it to be honest, but it still feels very much like a Civ game. Totally worth it (in fact, I bought a DS for it myself).

Looking forward to playing the 360 version tomorrow, but at least I have a portable version to hold me over til then.

I wonder how many DS units were sold because of Civ: Rev. :D

I wonder how many DS units were sold because of Civ: Rev. :D
from the looks of this topic, at least two, and the game just came out today.

I just got the game now, will post when I'm done playing around a little :) might have to wait until tomorrow for that though, its late.

from the looks of this topic, at least two, and the game just came out today.

I just got the game now, will post when I'm done playing around a little :) might have to wait until tomorrow for that though, its late.

Make that 3. I can honestly say if it weren't for Civ Rev, I would not have bought a Nintendo DS.

By the way, did you guys see the art on the inside cover yet? (Napoleon Poster :))

I was thinking of buying a DS for some time. Soon as I played the Civ Rev demo on the PS3 and saw it was coming to the DS, I bought one.

I haven't opened mine yet (no darn time :( ).

Top Bottom