Votes: 141 12.2%
  • Maybe but I'd like to play it first

Votes: 75 6.5%
  • No I'll probably just nick my friends copy

Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 5.0%

• Total voters
I will buy Civ4 if I own a laptop capable of powering the game (requires decent 3D card).

In such an event, I would buy Civ4 because I do not currently have any multiplayer version of Civ :sad:

ahh, come'on! Almost everyone here will buy the game, even if the reviews would only be "ok"... This is the civfanatics-site after all and you wouldn't really be here if you wouldn'T love the concept in the first place...

I shall kill all those who get in my way of having cIV the day it comes out.. but, I'll wait for reviews on any expansions before I spend my money on those.

I will hand over my cash at the earliest possible moment.

I'm not sure if I'll get the game sooner if I go to the store early in the morning or if I pre-order it (since pre-orders often arrive on the date of release [or do they sometimes arrive earlier?]).

The beautiful part is that you guys will get the game a clear MONTH before we get it here in Oz. That means that ALL of you will be my Lab Rats for determining how good the game REALLY is :evil: Now, be honest guys-'coz I am counting on you ;)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

I'm with Own. I think I'll enjoy Civ III more, but will transition to cIV anyway.

I also won't buy it when it first comes out, but rather once the "complete" version comes out, because I'll be in grad school when the first version comes out, and thus, have no time for anything remotely fun. Plus, this way, I'll get to see people's reactions to it, wait for all the bugs to be patched/removed by expansions, and save my money (40 for whole thing rather than 40+40+40 for expansions as they come out).

Aussie_Lurker said:
The beautiful part is that you guys will get the game a clear MONTH before we get it here in Oz. That means that ALL of you will be my Lab Rats for determining how good the game REALLY is :evil: Now, be honest guys-'coz I am counting on you ;)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.
You are kidding me, right?

Does this mean I, being British, will have to order it from the states... :confused:

Since I have 1 -3 plus the “trick” civ games, probably yes. I am hopeful it will be a substantial improvement in game play, not just civIII in 3D. But I’ll wait and see.

Sure I'll buy it. I hope it's more like Alpha Centauri, cause I believe that model is what Civ 3 should have been.

Carver said:
I will hand over my cash at the earliest possible moment.
Bah, I already have 60$ in case tomorrow it magically appears on the shelves of every video gaming store, like that, POOF!

Will buy the game asap and also tell my boss I need one month vacation. :D

Yes, asap which means some months later than most of you, if I do not decide to order it from oversea which I think now would be a good idea, but I probably will forget to do it until it's too late to do it...

(Is that a gramatically correct sentence? :) Oh, well got to start writing correct English, need to acclimatizise for the advanced test)

mfG m

I have bought and played all versions of Civ from the beginning and it has always been my favorite. So I am looking forward to buying 4!!

Aussie_Lurker said:

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Yep, I'm the same. So please be honest little experements. Anyway due to the delay in the game comming out it means it should arive here just in time for christmas... but it will cost about $80 here. Way more than in the US even when you count the exchange rate.

Of course I will buy it, and I will buy all expansion packs as well. I only hope they publish it at the same time all over the world. As I remember we had to wait six months [pissed] for Civ 3 to be puplished in Europe.

I will buy only completed expansion pack, and for sure only after I get comments from friends and your site. Don't be jerks, Guys!

Top Bottom