Windows-7, BTS hangs everything

geofelt

Warlord
I recently upgraded from vistaHP-64 to windows7 64 bit.
I had been running BTS without a problem before forever.
After a variable number of turns, sometimes late in the game some popup would lock out everything. I think this happened with build requests and leader communication.
The display just froze, the cursor and keyboard had no effect. I have two monitors, and had the task monitor active. It was not moving, and it showed normal cpu utilization and normal ram usage.

Thinking that the update in place procedure might be at fault, I did a clean install of windows-7. vanilla and BTS installed properly, along with the patches, and I set it to run in administrator mode. Well, it happened again, at about 1270 AD. Asoka was offering to be a vassal and everything hung.

This is a high end system which has run BTS well before.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• BTS-DxDiag.txt
    38.1 KB · Views: 91
I experience the same problem.
Have run Windows 7 for a while now, and decided to have a go at Civ4:BtS again today. It's been a while since my last term of addiction :)
No problem installing/patching.

Problem:
The game freezes after a variable number of turns. Actually the computer freezes. No response to anything. Only option is a hard power off.
I'm running on a mid-specced laptop, but it ran BtS smoothly when I was using XP. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 148
Yup. Same thing happening here. I've had a rock stable pc until this. Happened yesterday and today. Have only played multiplayer on this system though. So I thought that was the reason.

Yesterday I heard my friend was clicking for end turn, when everything froze. Today, I got the diplomacy pop-up. Then a total freeze.

Thank $Diety I'm not the only one!

My system:

Windows 7 RC x64
Intel Core i7 920
6GB ram
Asus P6t Deluxe
Asus GeForce GTX285
WDC regular 7200 rpm HD.

I updated my graphics driver to the nvidia beta driver to 195.39 and have completed one session w/o problem. So far, so good.

Ok, I've got the 191.07 driver. From what I can see, others use that one too.

Changed to the beta drivers. Played singleplayer a couple of times. Maybe 4-5 hours. No lock ups so far.

For me the solution is to set the power manager from 'best performance' to 'long battery life' There must be an issue with the Lenovo power management drivers. I can live with the reduction in performace to play until new drivers arrive.

I'm sorry I didnt find a more gereric solution, but my problem seems to be spesific for my laptop.

GL to those who still suffers from CTDs.

Top Bottom