WIP: Master of Mana 1.43

BlackArchon

Warlord
Hi guys and gals,

since I was recently in the mood to play Master of Mana again, I took another look on our last patches A-G for MoM 1.42 from the years 2012/2013. There is no other way to express this: I fudged up the last patches. Basically I broke the Faeries/Aos Sí since patch A and the Scions in patch G.

If you are asking why I'm not working with MoM Xtended (which is based on MoM 2.0): While I liked a few changes from 2.0, most of them I found incomplete, not well thought out or just plain wrong.

I played some games during the last weeks in singleplayer and multiplayer to get back my general feeling of MoM's game mechanics. To prevent my former mistakes, I'm checking all edited files with a code analysis tool called pyflakes - it already has found some issues in MoM's game files. Some of them were edited by me, some weren't. Additionally, there will be only complete downloads of the entire "Master of Mana" mod folder of Civ4: BTS to prevent errors while overwriting older files. This also makes installing MoM easier for you.

My main goal for this new version is stability and error fixing. I don't want to introduce shiny new features which are only working half way through.

Please note that this is currently work in progress. I have the following changes already implemented for Master of Mana 1.43:

Civilization changes

Aristrakh
- Wasteland auto-terraforming now considers hell terrain and Never Never
- Murderous Frenzy mechanic fixed

Austrin
- Blocked several civilizations from spawning when building their special project - no more Devils spawning, sorry.

Faeries
- They will switch back to Summer Court after finishing Winter Restoration. This won't let them get so weak before creating Eternal Restoration and switching to Eternal Court.
- Fixed their broken mechanics

Kuriotates
- All Centaurs are now able to receive defensive bonuses (this applies to Centaur Chargers and Herne, the other Centaurs could already receive defensive bonuses)

Luchuirp
- Fixed and changed their Local Legend to a Boar Rider
- The trait Craftsmaster will buff Barnaxus

Mazatl
- The techs Hunting and Feral Bond no longer increase the food production of swamp tiles, instead they increase the wood and herbs income
- Mazatl workers: The buttons for creating and clearing swamp are now only clickable if they really do something

Scions
- Korinna the White now has the hero promotion
- Alcinus going mad can now be prevented under a certain condition. Reading the Scion's unit descriptions may give a hint.
- Leader text of Korinna and several typos are fixed
- Fixed their broken mechanics

Sheaim
- Their local legend is now a Mobius Witch

Trait changes

Leader trait Illusionist changed
- Free promotion Illusionist (immune to first strikes, +50% withdrawal and flight chance, +50% strength against Illusions) for all arcane units

Unit changes

Chariots, their unique replacements and Rathas
- Base combat strength changed from 5/3 to 7/5

Misc

Fixed the "Governor Assassination" event, the aristocratic answer is now correctly considered.
Melee units are now unable to learn the Vengeance Discipline. Come on guys, that was way too overpowered.
Some AI players won't start attacking other players - now they all will eventually.
Minor bugfixes from MoM 2.0 backported.
Removed the obsolete rust effect on auras of Dark Spectres and Wraiths.
The new promotion 'Illusionist' is now available for arcane heroes at level 10.

Download link for 1.43:
http://blubb.najut.org/masterofmana/Master of Mana_1.43.7z

You are free to do as you want with it! :)

TODO Later

- fix multiplayer OOS with high AC
- get text for TXT_KEY_GLORIOUS_VICTORY
- test, test, test

Last edited:
Welcome back! It's nice to see that you are working on MoM, even if I disagree with some basic mechanic of this mod. Hope that you will get a lot of fun working on this mod.

More power to your visions & efforts, thanks in advance! Maybe they could use the code analysis tool pyflakes on the current Xtended...

Do you know already in what ways your mod will be moving away and/or towards the current MoM Xtended?

Last edited:
Thank you BlackArchon.

Nevertheless, I think 99 % of persons are playing the last up-to-date version of Xtended, so your work will not be usefull.

It would be really better if you could mod it, propose options to suppress the bad improvements you thing with Xtended. It would be the most usefull thing to do for everyone, if you are motivated.

I added a download link for the current version to the top. Do as you please with it. :)
Sadly, I don't see my motivation to further working with MoM will ever come back. It has been some nice years with FFH2, Wildmana and MoM. If I play a game for nearly ten years, it must be really outstanding. Thanks to Kael and Sephi for many thousands of hours of fun! :)

Top Bottom